Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options
1787980818284»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Still waiting, Cork. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

There is a lot of potential hanging out in the irish sea, looks like it might come in south of Dublin, Navan and North Co. Dublin look to get a bit more this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Petuleta wrote: »
    More than 2" of new snow in Ashbourne and still falling. Does anybody know how looks N2 to Dublin?

looking at the Ireland am, in parts impassable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Heyes wrote: »
    What is the weather for south Dublin today ? I don't know whether to go to work or not

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

By Skerries standards we got a good dumping this morning. About a half inch :). The wind shifted and we got out of the IOM shadow. Started as hail with 2.3G temps and last checked was 0.8 with snow. Wind has shifted now so we may be out of the streamer train again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Another 6" of snow again last night and still at it. You cannot drive a car on any of the back roads. Main roads just about passable including the M9. Just as well I can't get it out my driveway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

dammit 67 operating as normal :(

Heyes wrote: »
    Anyone ?

check the Master post 1738 ;) it will give you a good idea

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=116

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Another serious blast last night here in Athboy, co. Meath. Buses to Trim and onto Dublin cancelled again this morning so we are going nowhere - if the buses aren't chancing it then me in my little Megane isnt either!

Anyone think we will get more snow out this direction cos Sky news weather seemed to think it would be eastern coastal counties for today and tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

good morning from Baltinglass Co. Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Main roads look ok if taken with due care and attention - http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

odyboody wrote: »

Awsome, I think you deserve a snowday off work!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Still waiting, Cork. :(

Give up.
    Not gonna happen today. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Snowing in Ashbourne.. worried that if I get into work, I won't get home. Reluctant snow day for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

odyboody wrote: »

Show-off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wiblick

OH walked home from city centre last night, was prepped to walk in, but all buses serving Palmerstown are operating as normal. Snow again last night...snow and cold I don't mind, total lack of road & footpath clearing I do mind.

I volunteer and have been excused going in until it has cleared.

Snowing in Ashbourne.. worried that if I get into work, I won't get home. Reluctant snow day for me..

think that is worrying alotta people, me included, but they do say on the news NOT to travel if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Petuleta

Exactly, N2 could be fine but how to get there??? Decided to stay at home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

NOW THAT IT'S GOT SO BAD TODAY - I HAVE CREATED TODAY'S NEW THREAD :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Soby wrote: »
    dammit 67 operating as normal :(

Be careful though - all buses that use Lucan Rd were one of the first to be stopped completely, before 4.30 yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Theres a car under there somewhere

snow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Dilemma here - due to drive from dublin 4 to Trim, Meath.
    Any Meath heads out there to advise.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Lock it up, new thread for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Dublin 15 a disaster zone.... a lot more snow last night and this morning:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pigwiggum

What will happen snowfall on the east coast if and when the wind turns more northerly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

OMG just woke up again and Maynooth is blanketed!!!!! Like proper near a foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

rockynavan wrote: »
    navan getin it good
    i just don't get it, it looks like johnstown only got maybe 1-2cm in the night but all the other navan heads are saying it was bucketing it down all around navan. i'm cursed. :(

snowcam still going, but nothing much new to report although i managed to sharpen the focus a bit, the sun is reflecting off the window a bit.

fingers crossed we get some more today. :(

out.jpg
    click to open in new page, F5 to refresh image

if anyone else (preferably someone with a nicer view than me!) wants to set up a snowcam, its very easy to do with any webcam and some free software called yawcam. it'll do streaming video as well so you could use it for security, but i wanted to save my bandwidth in case a lot of people started looking at it at the same time.

if a few people did it, we could maybe even set up a website with everyone's feed on it so people could see what the weather is like around the country? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement