Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭murty01

Just stopped pelting down in Newbridge. Serious stuff. Just was on the way to B&Q and it started. was in there for 15 mins max and the car was covered. a good 3 inches in about half an hour. supposed to work in Duleek tonight. Looking very unlikely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Are you mad?? In Castleknock and Blanch last Decmeber to Januray 12 we have tons of the stuff - over 8 inches/20cm of lying snow and the year before...Dubshaughlin must have missed that.

I agree, I live near enough to Dunshaughlin and we had 8 inches here from an Irish sea streamer a couple of years back (although it melted after 24 hours). There are about 8 inches on ground now and any more snow will only add to that so possibly on track for deepest snow in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

about 4 inchs of snow this morning alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

thegen wrote: »
    Lads & Lassies, Any updates on Dublin Airport much appreciated as the DAA site is terrible. I'm due to fly from Glasgow at 9.00 tonight

Sounds like on the radio transmissions that they are quite busy up there, but cant hear any serious problems , as off yet. But it was closed this morning to clear snow off the runway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Annuv wrote: »
    In town we haven't! :)

Seriously? We had loads last night, i knew there was a thaw yesterday, but there was some left yesterday and i thought it snowed there last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Snowing heavily in killiney now. 2 miles from the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

15085048086760453652284.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just outside Stepaside...

I can nearly see my apartment in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

thegen wrote: »
    Lads & Lassies, Any updates on Dublin Airport much appreciated as the DAA site is terrible. I'm due to fly from Glasgow at 9.00 tonight

Flights are still taking off and landing in Dublin airport with some delays and cancellations. My parents flight to Birmingham just took off a few moments ago. Keep an eye on the Live Arrivals part of the website but I'm sure it's too early to tell at the moment, might have to wait a few more hours.

http://flights.dublinairport.com/arrivals.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

the M2 buoy has gone up to 0, back down NOW M2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

Seriously? We had loads last night, i knew there was a thaw yesterday, but there was some left yesterday and i thought it snowed there last night.

Yep, we had a few top up showers during the night, enough to cover everywhere in white but it's an inch or two at most. Having said that there appears to be dark clouds this way..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

i'll tell ya

if that clump coming across leeds stays like that and hits Dublin we are in for it.

can the weather guru's give an opinion or prediction? please :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Blue skies in Crumlin...wonder if more is on it's way?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Flights are still taking off and landing in Dublin airport with some delays and cancellations. My parents flight to Birmingham just took off a few moments ago. Keep an eye on the Live Arrivals part of the website but I'm sure it's too early to tell at the moment, might have to wait a few more hours.

http://flights.dublinairport.com/arrivals.asp

Live Departures indicates that it's the destination airport that is impacting on flights out of Dublin. Many UK destinations are being cancelled,but continental Europe and the US have all taken off.

So right now it looks like Dublin is coping, while the limiting factor is the other end of the flight.

Hope so...I've to go to Brussels tomorrow!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dicknorris

Iancar29
    slightly different weather to when you were in Achill !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's snowing in Dunshaughlin, and Drogheda, and Blanch but Ashbourne never gets it!
    anyone sitting there on boards?? I'm in work and need ah Ashupdate?!

We got fairly pummeled last night. Roads are a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Screw you, Isle of Man shadow, we got loads of snow!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Small flakes but coming down really fast in Dunshaughlin again. Best snow I can ever remember seeing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

11:30 radar, it does look as if that 'lump' will hit Dublin city center/south city soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Morons laughing tbh, yeah fcuking hilarious :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Big shower on the way to wexford :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Sun is out now in Wexford, makes the snow look dazzling, but i hope it's not going to start a thaw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

dacogawa wrote: »
    11:30 radar, it does look as if that 'lump' will hit Dublin city center/south city soon

I'm fairly certain that lump is an error in the radar :/ Clouds move, that yellow blob hasn't moved in hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

If they were going an appropriate speed for the road conditions there is no way they would have crashed, we were laughing in the vid but i'm not making fun in this thread so get down off your high horse

where was that.is it Borris?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

LID wrote: »

Only know about the Red sky at night one biggrin.gif

Sorry! Just a bit giddy todaywink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Lovely blue skys here in east Co. Galway all morning. Extremely cold though. Any sign of snow heading our way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

dicknorris wrote: »
    Iancar29
    slightly different weather to when you were in Achill !!!!

haha ye, just a SLIGHT difference. The only thing i dont like about this weather, its not easy to go anywhere i want in it such as the phoenix park!, 10 mins drive only but still not a good idea .

Wish i had a snowmobile :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

That_Guy wrote: »
    We got fairly pummeled last night. Roads are a disaster.

Yep it was bad leaving for work this morning - the bus went at about 20km the whole way to M2.. I'm just wondering if it's going to snow throughout the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭positron

LID wrote: »

Drogheda got about 10 mins of blue sky an hour or two ago - and then it started snormageddon. Very sticky powdery stuff - perfect for skiing and boarding if we have a decent slope somewhere. Still snowing and the snow at the back is only an inch away from coming level to the patio door. Kids with toboggans outside can't even seem to make a patch on the snow.

It's beautiful, except for the cold..! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

When will the IOM shadow disappear?:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Drifting between clear and overcast in D2.

Snowing like a bugger in Dun Laoghaire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement