Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

dacogawa wrote: »
    Weathercheck do you ever sleep ? thanks for all the updates

Just 3 hours daily:D

I actually got 8 hours last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

cmon snow :( stupid goddamn blue skies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

Snow and hail stones bucketing down here in Drogheda. Easily 4-5 inches on open ground! I've never seen this much snow in Ireland before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Darkman2;

Do mean the actually city or it will drift south of the city again?

Need East winds soon

• Advertisement

Jesus you're one stupid sounding fu*ker aren't you!!!!! Cop on to yourself, you've no idea who was in that car or what happened.

Donkeys don't think before they "HeeHaw" do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Gonzo wrote: »
    best snow ive seen since 1991! Theres between 4 and 7 inchs of snow on the ground depending where you stand as it has started drifting. light snow showers seem to be continuing on and off. If we get much more snow today and tonight I suspect taffic will not be able to get through Dunshaughlin by tomorrow.

Are you mad?? In Castleknock and Blanch last Decmeber to Januray 12 we have tons of the stuff - over 8 inches/20cm of lying snow and the year before...Dubshaughlin must have missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

Can anyone give me a definite temp. for South Dublin? Not trusting the buoys lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

dacogawa wrote: »
    Leave this forum!

I didn't realise it was against the forum charter to dislike snow and want it to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

WOW really fallin hard here now its fantastic and its seems were going to be in for this all day unless the wind changes direction
    BRING IT ON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

15085048086760453652284.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just outside Stepaside...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

This IOF shadow is incredibly frustrating for a snow lover but fascinating from a weather perspective. I can see northern streamer out the front window, blue skies & sunshie right over Donabate & huge clouds from southern streamer out the back window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Just started snowing again here in south kilkenny. The latest radar still has the precip halfway over Carlow so showers must be moving pretty fast now.

South kilkenny is the place to be these days, we have plenty of snow this week and theres no thaw really any day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

positron wrote: »
    Snow and hail stones bucketing down here in Drogheda. Easily 4-5 inches on open ground! I've never seen this much snow in Ireland before.

Unusual for Drogheda or Louth to be getting hit although for many parts of Dublin and Wicklow this is quite common. ENJOY:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Treehere wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a definite temp. for South Dublin? Not trusting the buoys lol

I'm in the D18 area and I think the car temp read about 0 degrees a short while ago. Don't know if that helps though!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yahooguy

End of the world conditions in Dun Laoghaire...love the snow but getting a bit worried now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Snowing here in wex town for the last two hours yet the radar has nothing over me since 8 dis mornin! Not trustin them anymore anyway my window will do just fine. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

you're one stupid sounding fu*ker too

Think somebody needs to call out somebody else for a SNOWBALL Fight !!

Let's get it on Bitchesbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Very heavy in Drogheda again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Lads & Lassies, Any updates on Dublin Airport much appreciated as the DAA site is terrible. I'm due to fly from Glasgow at 9.00 tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Iancar29 wrote: »
    HOW can u just persume the person did something stupid?!... for all u know they wer going as slow as the could and it was a genuine accident!?

If u wanna laugh at other people's serious misfortunes id ask u to LEAVE THIS thread!!

If they were going an appropriate speed for the road conditions there is no way they would have crashed, we were laughing in the vid but i'm not making fun in this thread so get down off your high horse

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Still coming down in Dun Laoghaire, right on the coast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

We've had loads of snow! we dont really need any more at the moment, 5 inches is plenty!!!

In town we haven't! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

white out in enfield again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

thegen wrote: »
    Lads & Lassies, Any updates on Dublin Airport much appreciated as the DAA site is terrible. I'm due to fly from Glasgow at 9.00 tonight

might have to wait a little longer my guess

ring the airline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Lovin those jammies, Bev!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

I'm in the D18 area and I think the car temp read about 0 degrees a short while ago. Don't know if that helps though!?

Seems about right! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Could I just remind people if you have old or infirm neighbors could you just check in on them (if you can get out yourself) see if they need anything, its great for us but can be not very good for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Still coming down in Dun Laoghaire, right on the coast

yup- piggin it down in Deansgrange on the other side of the hill too. But ground temps still seem high enough to restrict serious buildup ? Cars moving ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

It's snowing in Dunshaughlin, and Drogheda, and Blanch but Ashbourne never gets it!
    anyone sitting there on boards?? I'm in work and need ah Ashupdate?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement