Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Looks like showers will begin to push further inland in the east and southeast from this afternoon onwards late into tonight.

Think we are right in the line of fire again here in Waterford city after last nights dumping. Could be another big fall today. Temp -1.4c DP -2.9. Went out earlier and shot this video. Somebody had a bit of fun and put a huge snowball in the middle of the road :eek:

More Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Cork got snow, and we were all asleep :(

feck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

minus 5 here in Cavan town (well it was a half hour ago when I arrived to work). Anybody know if there is snow forecast for this part of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

Well it has been snowing solidly in Leopardstown for the last 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kopijacked

Stopped in Ballsbridge...

Hopefully only momentarily :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

scargill wrote: »
    lots of snowing falling in Newbridge - adding to last night's accumulation. Looks like it's going to be snowing for a while - the sky looks full!

What are your accumulations like there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Sky News seem to be showing all of the east coast later. Hopefully there will be no more shadow effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Little bess thank god your back I am living in artane but am working out here in tallaght.So I was looking at your posts yeterday to find out what it was like at home

Aw !Will try to keep you up to date so , I'm addicted to this tread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Serious snow here in Conary now.........easily 10inches of snow in the front lawn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

please let today be the day it reaches limerick. please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Did some one say the wind will change to an East directiona round 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Sky News seem to be showing all of the east coast later. Hopefully there will be no more shadow effect.

would i be right in saying the shadow effect only happens when streaming from a NE direction, but if it turns east it will some in under the IOM?

There is plenty of snow coming but hopefully comes from east directly after leaving britan.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why is there a near constant radar shadow (the raintoday radar) in Dublin bay, around the Rush/Skerries/Howth area? Is it just the web feed that is a bit 'stuck'? It was there most of yesterday as well I remember.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Not wrote: »
    What are your accumulations like there ?

I have 6 inches in the Driveway , on top of the wall in the backyard there is 8 :eek:

Herself had to go to work this morning , they told her the weather would be fine and to come in ! Any way just under an inch from where her car pulled out .

We even have tiny little drifts going on here :D,

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

So the BBC has the forecast up to Sunday looking like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

Looks like Friday is the only day we're likely to see snow on this side of our lovely little island :( Up to then it's just stoopid freezing temps re-freezing that little bit of snow we got over the weekend. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

5starpool wrote: »
    Why is there a near constant radar shadow (the raintoday radar) in Dublin bay, around the Rush/Skerries/Howth area? Is it just the web feed that is a bit 'stuck'? It was there most of yesterday as well I remember.

I saw that too. It looks like it might be related to the ILS at dublin airport interfering with the weather radar. It looks like cones lining up with the direction of the runways.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Unbelievable in Kinnegad, haven't seen this since i was a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Blizzard like conditions in tinahely. Not stopped snowing since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Heavy snowfall around Kilcock area. I got home 10pm last night & it was just starting. When other half got home near to midnight there was probably a foot of snow. We had to go for a snow walk to collect a piece of car after he'd slid off the road into a ditch!

I don't remember ever seeing snow this thick in Ireland, when we were out snow walking at 12.30 last night there were a few other couples out doing the same thing & also a couple people milling around in cars just for the crack of the skidding

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Pics in Kildare near Moone...measured 17cm of snow!:eek:

5222805709_4be3ee5ea8_b.jpg

5222805191_f2c23b674c_b.jpg

Fresh road to drive on!!

5222805655_614d6743d1_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

here's my adventurous next door neighbour cleaning his car windows ready for a trip from navan into dublin city centre at about 9:45am this morning.

th_2ndmorning.jpg

by the time he's worked his way round the car, the windows he started on were all snowed over again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Hard to imagine what is going on .... No snow here .... clear skies most of the time ... Beautifeul calm and sunny winter weather :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Celtic Tiger Polar Bear

polar.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I see clouds heading into north donegal now ,hopefully make its way down to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Pics in Kildare near Moone...measured 17cm of snow!:eek:

Fabulous photos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Stopped snowing in Lucan about half an hour ago - clear skies now, but bitter cold.

A few rumbles of thunder too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

M2 Bhoy showing WNW winds at 10 a.m?? Surely not!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

flanzer wrote: »
    M2 Bhoy showing WNW winds at 10 a.m?? Surely not!

ESE

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

To be clear. The midlands and western areas won't get any action til late Thursday night/Friday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

Starting again here in leopardstown stopes for about 5 mins!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement