Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest March 27/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

ZENN0 wrote: »
    well if you are passing by show your support anyway there will be no trouble. anyone that causes trouble are just assholes and will be removed simple as that. .

Jim Corr said to push them to the front to the police? When they are beaten call brutality? He didn't say the brutality bit but I'm 100% sure that is what will happen. I will bet anyone anything that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Jim Corr said to push them to the front to the police? When they are beaten call brutality? He didn't say the brutality bit but I'm 100% sure that is what will happen. I will bet anyone anything that is the case.

I dont think mob mentality allows the stronger minded to be punished by the mob

graceanseo wrote: »
    The bottom line is if enough normal people turn out (as in people not associated with anything in particular) then we will out number these unions etc. I'm going without a doubt. I want to be able to look my daughter in the eye in years to come and know that if nothing else at least I tried to take a stand against this government. I will not be standing behind anyone's banner but my own (average sized sign yet to be decided upon) :)

I'm greatly ashamed of many peoples 'I'm alright Jack' attitude & 'sure it won't make a difference' If everyone stopped moaning an takes to the street until we are heard, we definitely can make a difference. The world is watching us now too.

Please attend and stand behind your own 'banner' I'm concerned for the future of this country that I love and the future of my daughter, not affiliated with anyone........

me to but to be honest im sure those type of people exist only on the ineternet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Jim Corr is a nut job.
    :rolleyes:Maybe. Nothing wrong with what he's saying though. But sure no-one will notice while X-factor or UEFA champions league are on. The Romans knew a thing or two. Give them bread and circuses and apathy rules.

I'm greatly ashamed of many peoples 'I'm alright Jack' attitude & 'sure it won't make a difference' If everyone stopped moaning an takes to the street until we are heard, we definitely can make a difference. The world is watching us now too.

Please attend and stand behind your own 'banner' I'm concerned for the future of this country that I love and the future of my daughter, not affiliated with anyone........

So you are ashamed of me and my likes? Pride is one of the deadly sins FYI. There is sweet f all that can be achieved unless by protesting 80 billion euros falls from the sky. Until computers take over this stuff will happen again and again. The next governement will be the exact same.

• Advertisement

So you are ashamed of me and my likes? Pride is one of the deadly sins FYI. There is sweet f all that can be achieved unless by protesting 80 billion euros falls from the sky. Until computers take over this stuff will happen again and again. The next governement will be the exact same.

If your against achieiving anything why do anything?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Pride is one of the deadly sins FYI.

I'm lost as to the context of that sentence in this thread.

So is Sloth btw fyi omg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Things can and do change when people get up off their arses instead of hiding and moaning about how impossible it all is.

Darlughda wrote: »
    Things can and do change when people get up off their arses instead of hiding and moaning about how impossible it all is.

because doing nothing is easier

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm lost as to the context of that sentence in this thread.

I was refering to the "facing my daughter" stuff.
    If your against achieiving anything why do anything?

I didn't say do anything, the banks and developers got us in this situation, the politicians had there part to play alright, but imho that is par for the course. Look around the World, they would sell their mothers for a few quid. Not all granted but enough.
    Things can and do change when people get up off their arses and not moan about how impossible it all is.

Like the war on Iraq and the likes?

• Advertisement

I didn't say do anything, the banks and developers got us in this situation, the politicians had there part to play alright, but imho that is par for the course. Look around the World, they would sell their mothers for a few quid. Not all granted but enough.

actually the irish politicains made planing permission easier to get here than in england so I have a beef with the politicians

jesus what the f has active participation got to do with the war on iraq which was government sactioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭graceanseo

Life is very short, personally I have little time for people who don't value it in general. I value my freedom, value real democracy ( I feel this government are dictating for a long time - lisbon is perfect example).

I value being able to provide for my little girl by myself (just about). I value having a job even though I could make the same income on benefits. I value having heating, electricity, food etc etc. I am being in no way sarcastic here. We live in a privileged western country if you know what I mean.......

It really is not long ago (within my Gran's lifetime) that we were a much poorer country in terms of lifestyle at least. I genuinely believe that if this bail out goes ahead we are heading back that way.

I hope that people realize the seriousness of this situation before it is too late, and it very nearly is.

I also hope that people realize there ARE other options as have been suggested by many experts that do NOT have connections to banks/bankers/fianna fail etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

When there's such a huge feeling disappointment by so many people on such an important issue at such a crucial time then it would be impossible to find the march that's going to be fully tailored to fit in your time frame needs and crosses all your T's and dots all the I's of your own manifesto and is chocked only with people that you agree with and who in turn agree with you...then you'd be waiting a long time and probably marching on your tod.

Life is very short, personally I have little time for people who don't value it in general.

If if this is directed at me you couldn't be more wrong. As for the rest of what you said I can't reply as it would definitly be percieved as a personal attack even if it wasn't meant to be.

P.s. @ Frosty Jack

Deadly sins !!?? PML are you assuming I'm part of your religion or sect or whatever? lol :);)

In the nicest way possible, no disrespect intended at all, I feel a bit sorry for people that think like you're coming across.....

It's like you don't care? Maybe it doesn't affect you? And then in one way I wish I was as worry free as you seem to be..... Am I wrong in how I'm taking you up here?

If if this is directed at me you couldn't be more wrong. As for the rest of what you said I can't reply as it would definitly be percieved as a personal attack even if it wasn't meant to be.

That's fair enough, you are entitled to your opinions, and I certainly don't want to get involved in a silly row ..... don't often post here just felt like putting my two cents out there tonight :)

P.s. @ Frosty Jack

Deadly sins !!?? PML are you assuming I'm part of your religion or sect or whatever? lol :);)

In the nicest way possible, no disrespect intended at all, I feel a bit sorry for people that think like you're coming across.....

It's like you don't care? Maybe it doesn't affect you? And then in one way I wish I was as worry free as you seem to be..... Am I wrong in how I'm taking you up here?

Your half right :D I'm an atheist btw and yes I am in full employment in a good job for the moment, but I never rest on my laurels I know tomorrow I could lose it. I would feel the same either way. I posted a video in an unrelated topic that would go over 99% of AH natives heads which would show you my believes but I would be wasting my time. I sincerely wish you's luck, all I'm saying is I won't hold my breath.

Your half right :D I'm an atheist btw and yes I am in full employment in a good job for the moment, but I never rest on my laurels I know tomorrow I could lose it. I would feel the same either way. I posted a video in an unrelated topic that would go over 99% of AH natives heads which would show you my believes but I would be wasting my time. I sincerely wish you's luck, all I'm saying is I won't hold my breath.

its beliefs but hey what do I know it goes over my head

Sorry you've lost me on AH natives ?

I hope that you're wrong, but I won't be so naive to think that this will be an entirely peaceful protest. I just hope it's a tiny minority compared to a massive turnout from peaceful 'joe soaps' :)

Best Wishes to all attending and wrap up warm!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ZENN0

steddyeddy wrote: »
    were are you getting what I support from ?

i'm not it just sounded that way sorry.

ZENN0 wrote: »
    i'm not it just sounded that way sorry.

no problem but what I do support is indeed stated earlier in this thread

people that are saying they would not go in to the protest because of the small chance of public disorder is akin to saying i am not going out there driving in my car because of a small chance some rougue person will crash into me. but you still go out and drive your car ? well most people will the majority that is.

if everyone had that attitude noone would do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

There's no chance in hell I am marching so Jack O'Connor and his overpaid union members can maintain their bloated wages and pensions at the expense of the taxpayer, children, sick, elderly, dying, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

humanji wrote: »
    Are they marching for any specific reason, or just to vent?

I think it may have something to do with Mary Harney's attitude to cutting the SW Christmas payment, " But shur, if they just got their sister to cut their hair instead of going to a salon they could save twice the christmas payment. They'll just have to learn to shop around"

I think it may have something to do with Mary Harney's attitude to cutting the SW Christmas payment, " But shur, if they just got their sister to cut their hair instead of going to a salon they could save twice the christmas payment. They'll just have to learn to shop around"

says daddy

There's no chance in hell I am marching so Jack O'Connor and his overpaid union members can maintain their bloated wages and pensions at the expense of the taxpayer, children, sick, elderly, dying, etc.

fixed for you by the way im not marching for them

no it's more to do with just showing the world that there are irish people in this country that are angry about this government not going (leaving government) and the other important issues like cutting the minimum wage which imo is just nuts. and the rest that people are angry about. as i said earlier on...there was a good few reporters from america and europe at government buildings the other day and one of the reporters from america said he couldn't understand why noone was out protesting against the gov and the cuts and one of the other reporters said and laughed that they were all in-house watching the X-factor. he was probably right. more people in ireland these days have more interest in reality shows than the real reality life and death of the country they have to live in unfortunately.

good luck on the day to the people that are going fair doo's to ye all. it should be a quiet one but as the other poster said wrap up warm because it will cold as hell out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

this is seriously to fcuk a war on ireland. not the protest. all this other ****
    thats happening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Dont stay up and argue with the yellow bellys! Save your energy for saturday morning :)

To the non supporters of the Irish peoples peacefull protest, I hope the cheese gives you nightmares :p

Oiche mhaith

Advertisement