Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

niva*sis wrote: »
    thanks

mine was sent to london on the 8th of FEB

Thanks, there is hope for me yet so!
    Mine was sent on the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Just got mine - Happy Days!
    Best of luck everyone!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

cybrandian wrote: »
    Just got mine - Happy Days!
    Best of luck everyone!! :-)

wahooo party time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adrian0

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Is this open to anyone? I wonder if people who've already spent a year or more there can apply.

i spent a year in canada 4 years ago through the USIT working visa, until Jan of this year i never thought i would get the chance to return on another working visa but with the new IEC program you can apply regardless of having worked there before,they also do an option of a second year visa,
    i applied 4 weeks ago,i got accepted with the IEC im just waiting to hear about phase two,which as far as i know is just back ground checking,etc.
    it cost me E110 so far.
    nothing to do with USIT!!! thank F..K!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jb82

anyone know what the story is with residency requirements? from their website it seems to state that you need to be a resident of ireland for 3 years prior to the application. does this mean that you need to have been in ireland since march 2008 or does it mean that you just have to have lived in ireland for 3 years anytime? also, what method do you need to prove this? doesn't seem like they ask for evidence. been living in another country since september.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

hey jimmy have u wired the 110 through yet? what are the steps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

jb82 wrote: »
    anyone know what the story is with residency requirements? from their website it seems to state that you need to be a resident of ireland for 3 years prior to the application. does this mean that you need to have been in ireland since march 2008 or does it mean that you just have to have lived in ireland for 3 years anytime? also, what method do you need to prove this? doesn't seem like they ask for evidence. been living in another country since september.

They don't ask for evidence

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from saying you've been in Ireland the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

did u get sorted? i have got through the first stage now its going to london for second evaluation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nahuvy

Got the email saying they were sending on my app to uk on the feb 2nd and still no word. I know as i need to get medical it might be delaying it but this is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

nahuvy wrote: »
    Got the email saying they were sending on my app to uk on the feb 2nd and still no word. I know as i need to get medical it might be delaying it but this is horrible.

Do you need a medical for IEC visa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

zweton wrote: »
    Do you need a medical for IEC visa?

No, only if you are intending to teach or work in healthcare
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx#MedExam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Just got my letter of introduction...so happy...Canada here I come. Time to book flights and sort insurance...anyone had any luck with insurance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irish Philly

Woo got my LOI this morning, sent to England on the 16th Feb. Here I come Toronto....:D

Best of luck guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thedeej

Just got my letter of introduction...so happy...Canada here I come. Time to book flights and sort insurance...anyone had any luck with insurance??

Hi Louise

where about's are you heading to? Have you sorted insurance out yet? Where you waiting long to get your letter of introduction. I was only waiting 3.5 weeks myself, however my gf has been waiting 6 weeks now and still hasn't heard a thing from london.

Hi Deej. I'm heading to Toronto but not til the summer tryin to sort jobs first. My application was sent to London on the 18th Feb and I got my letter on 22 March. I woudln't worry it seems once you get past Paris your fine, I haven't heard of anyone being refused from London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Has anyone who's gotten refused a visa been given a reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Billy7878

Im sent my forms to paris yesterday from here in toronto, how long shud i expect the process to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

nahuvy wrote: »

Hi nahuvy.. are you waiting on a medical, there is another thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055636324&page=133

half way down the page 133 AND 135 is about the medical, goes to your post and not email so i presume . I am also waitin myself on a medical form , application sent to uk from 9th of feb. If you get any confirmation wil you let me know.

Thanks ggirl2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I got my medical form in the post on the 15th of this month. I need to get a check done because I've lived in Korea for the past year. I went onto their site, found a designated medical practitioner (DMP) and got all my tests done today. Pretty basic affair really, even though I'm still in Korea! My results are getting posted to London on Monday, so I hope it doesn't put a big dent in my application. I have 6 weeks until my flight!!!

DamienH wrote: »
    I got my medical form in the post on the 15th of this month. I need to get a check done because I've lived in Korea for the past year. I went onto their site, found a designated medical practitioner (DMP) and got all my tests done today. Pretty basic affair really, even though I'm still in Korea! My results are getting posted to London on Monday, so I hope it doesn't put a big dent in my application. I have 6 weeks until my flight!!!

Very good damien, you got yours in good time, can i ask you what date you had your application form in uk on? and also does that form come on a special royal mail post time . or does it come with the normal mail at 10 thanks ggirl2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Still waiting on my police cert :(

Does anyone think it's too late to apply or should I be ok applying next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Still waiting on my police cert :(

Does anyone think it's too late to apply or should I be ok applying next week?

judging by the amouint getting rejected not once but twice sometimes i reckon their should still be some left but cutting it tight! id get onto the guards and see can they hurry your police cert! best of luck

beano345 wrote: »
    judging by the amouint getting rejected not once but twice sometimes i reckon their should still be some left but cutting it tight! id get onto the guards and see can they hurry your police cert! best of luck

I waited one month for mine.. around that anyway, probably depends on how busy they are with canadian police cert issuances and how fast they are. They would give you around about date if you ring them up as to when you are going to receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlehannah96

Got my letter of Intro. on Thursday!!! Deeeeelighted!!!!! Flights booked! Off to Van at the end of May!!

Hi guys just about the police ecrt. I'm hoping to get another one before I leave in August so that I have it to apply for year2 when I'm over there. Does anyone know how soon before you apply the cert has to be issued. I'm assuming I'll be appying in January again next year!

Hi guys just about the police ecrt. I'm hoping to get another one before I leave in August so that I have it to apply for year2 when I'm over there. Does anyone know how soon before you apply the cert has to be issued. I'm assuming I'll be appying in January again next year!

Those certs are only good for three months apparently, so if you get one in August it will be out of date by the time you apply again.

I'll be in the same boat as you regards re-applying from Canada next year, and I think our only option is to get somebody to get the cert for you and mail it over (Unless they change the criteria for re-applicants, which is always a possibility)

thanks! They don't half make if difficult do they

thanks! They don't half make if difficult do they

Yup!

Not basing this on anything, but I really have a feeling they'll make things easier for re-applicants next year.

They have to realise that things like Police Certs and proof of funds aren't really needed for people who are already there and supporting themselves

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Yup!

Not basing this on anything, but I really have a feeling they'll make things easier for re-applicants next year.

They have to realise that things like Police Certs and proof of funds aren't really needed for people who are already there and supporting themselves

My fear is that they will realize that people are using the 2year rule to avoid the sponsorship route for permenant res and change the rules

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

hey louise i was thinking of doing the exact same thing,thought i read somewere that the police cert is valid for a year instead of 3 months :confused: can anybody share some light on this?

Advertisement