Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 amandakeaveney

thanks louise :) that is the link i have been using but when i get the email for the application kit and download it, half of it is still in french, even the forms for proof of funds and stuff! not sure why this is happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

that's add- I know mine was in French and English. Have you tried emailin London- prob you best shot at getting an ans?

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

hey amanda did you try this link http://www.international.gc.ca/canad...=11&tgvfred=ie

seen it on another thread were someone had the same problem!

thanks guys, have sent an email to that address louise and beano I have sent my email address through that link so i will check my work email tomorrow and see can i download it in english and let ye know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 H Rambles

This is the email i tried to send to C'non cause I saw their app waas accepted. I'm hoping some of you could answer these questions.

Thanks

'Sorry to bother you, but I'm finishing off my canadaian visa application and I saw that yours was accepted so would you mind answering a few questions?? Me and my friend would really appreciate it.

Basically the thing thats bugging us the most, is when you put in your original info in the site it asks you for your province, So we put Leinster in. But then on the application under Post code thats where they insert Leinster. We're wondering if we should put our 'post code' (Dublin 14 e.g.) into the province section in the original info part on their site?? Basically what did you put in for this if you can remember.

And also the C.V. Thats just your actual C.V that they want attached as well?

And then the last question i can think of now is: When you get the application sent to your email now they send it out only in french for all the appendixes, basically everything barre the 3 pages at the start are toatally in french. Luckily we downloaded and saved one in early january so we know what it says in english, but when you sent yours was it by chance all in french??

Hope you have time to answer these and that my writing isn't to frantic. We woulda sent them off months ago but have been waiting to save enough money.

Thanks a million

H Rambles'

• Advertisement

Hey, I was having the same problem with the application being in french bar the 3 pages at the start.

I emailed that address louise gave me and they emailed back pretty quickly. they said they have noticed this problem with the application coming out in french and they have confirmed that they have now fixed this problem so hopefully it should work now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

H Rambles wrote: »
    This is the email i tried to send to C'non cause I saw their app waas accepted. I'm hoping some of you could answer these questions.

Thanks

'Sorry to bother you, but I'm finishing off my canadaian visa application and I saw that yours was accepted so would you mind answering a few questions?? Me and my friend would really appreciate it.

Basically the thing thats bugging us the most, is when you put in your original info in the site it asks you for your province, So we put Leinster in. But then on the application under Post code thats where they insert Leinster. We're wondering if we should put our 'post code' (Dublin 14 e.g.) into the province section in the original info part on their site?? Basically what did you put in for this if you can remember.

And then the last question i can think of now is: When you get the application sent to your email now they send it out only in french for all the appendixes, basically everything barre the 3 pages at the start are toatally in french. Luckily we downloaded and saved one in early january so we know what it says in english, but when you sent yours was it by chance all in french??

Hope you have time to answer these and that my writing isn't to frantic. We woulda sent them off months ago but have been waiting to save enough money.

Thanks a million

H Rambles'

hi i know i was totally confused about that too

province u put in the county you live in

and CV is your actual up to date CV and make sure it matches the info that you put in your additional information page
    job dates and eduction dates etc
    i heard people on this saying usit told them they look at the two side by side and compare them so make sure they match

all i can say is check it 20times before you send it off and check IT AGAIN after you do it 20times :D that all your information is correct date of birth passport number,expiry date of your passport,make sure you put your middle name in also.
    and make sure you have original police cert i heard loads of people were rejected for not having original doccuments and had to start all over again

oh and one more thing on the declaration form when your ticking the boxes if you have no dependants dont tick that box leave it blank and put in n/a in pen when u print the form out

and 1 more thing make sure your photos meet the requirements and that you sign all the pages that have to be signed

best of luck hope this helps:D:D sorry if im rambling lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

laura47 wrote: »

and CV is your actual up to date CV and make sure it matches the info that you put in your additional information page
    i heard people on this saying usit told them they look at the two side by side and compare them so make sure they match

all i can say is check it 20times before you send it off and check IT AGAIN after you do it 20times :D that all your information is correct date of birth passport number,expiry date of your passport,make sure you put your middle name in also.
    and make sure you have original police cert i heard loads of people were rejected for not having original doccuments and had to start all over again

oh and one more thing on the declaration form when your ticking the boxes if you have no dependants dont tick that box leave it blank and put in n/a in pen when u print the form out

and 1 more thing make sure your photos meet the requirements and that you sign all the pages that have to be signed

great thanks 4 the info

laura47 wrote: »

Thanks for that, Not rambling at all, the whole thing feels like its set up to catch people out. It'll be the next few days I suppose before i get to knuckle down to it, with work and everyhing else.

Did you have an application that was accepted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sonyz1

I applyed for a 1 year canadian visa in August 2010, I traveled to canada in November and now live in Whistler. I now want to apply for the IEC 1 year visa. It asks for all the details I sent in 6 months ago ie Proof of Funds & GARDA Police Certificate.
    Because I now live in Canada I cant reapply for a police cert when I'm not in the country.
    Is there any way you would accept a copy of the details I sent in 6 months ago?
    What should I do? I hate this crap

• Advertisement

Sonyz- try www.irishalien.com alot of people who are in Canada and applying for a seconf IEC are using this site, from what I can tell they were able to get police certs from home. Could a family member call into the Garda station for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

sonyz1 wrote: »
    I applyed for a 1 year canadian visa in August 2010, I traveled to canada in November and now live in Whistler. I now want to apply for the IEC 1 year visa. It asks for all the details I sent in 6 months ago ie Proof of Funds & GARDA Police Certificate.
    Because I now live in Canada I cant reapply for a police cert when I'm not in the country.
    Is there any way you would accept a copy of the details I sent in 6 months ago?
    What should I do? I hate this crap

The police cert should still be valid. You can get a new one anyway by sending a copy of your passport along with the request to your local garda station in Ireland.
    You will need a new proof of funds & you can get it stamped in a canadian bank too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I got an e-mail on tuesday 2nd to say they recieved the application. When should I be expecting to hear back from them?

Hi Leif most people seem the be haring abck in or around the 3 weeks mark, so that would be March 22nd for you, but it doesnt seem different for everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

H Rambles wrote: »

Thanks

Thanks a million

H Rambles'

You probably have your answers but here is mine as well.

The province is basically co.kildare co.wicklow dublin14 etc..

When you then receive the form make sure to remind your self to fill in the rest of the boxes and the form will arrive with your name date of birth etc.. as its almost instinct to fly over the first page as you see it filled out, but you still need to fill in the rest.

Also on the check list it tells you to print out the first 3 pages twice.
    Make sure you do this and most important sign them twice, and not photo copy it as they want the signature and date to be real and not a copy, or they will fail you.

If the form is in french and you filled it out and your happy with it, its not a problem for them to receive it in french, but if you have it in english its all the same as long as you fill in everything you need to fill out.

For the CV, you need to send your CV attached, but make sure the form and CV are the same, to explain better.

If you have on your CV :
    1999-2005 AIB bank Branch manager
    2005-2006 Mc donalds cleaner
    2006-2009 Audi sales rep

And if you have on the form:
    1999-2005 AIB bank Branch manager
    2006-2009 Audi sales rep

It will be rejected

Make sure that when you enter these details in the form, you dont skip any jobs in between even if you dont want them to know about a job.. if you have it on the CV it has to go on the form if there is room.

As they will put the CV and form side by side.

On the form as far as i can remember you just have to put the Date, Name of work place with address ( even if the tex gets smaller when typing on the form ) and i think job title and job description.

The same goes for the Education part.

All the forms you are sending make sure they are original to avoid problems and make a copy of them all for your self to keep.

And most important is make sure you have them all in the correct sequence, and you can do this with the check list. ( of course when your done make sure to put the checklist in its rite place and order )

hope this helps a bit as well.

Thanks so much for that concise reply. Looks like we shall be completing an d posting them tomorrow morning, so I'll keep you posted, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jb82

hi, i am wondering if places are still available as i looked on usit site and it siad it is booked up but i've heard nothing about it on canadian embassy site or anywhere else. also, does anyone know the story with proving permenent residency for 3 yrs prior to application. ive been working out of the country since sept. do they get you to prove you lived in ireland some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JStar

Hi folks, I am just wondering if anyone has received the final Letter of Introduction from London in the past week?

My application was forwarded to London on the 9th of Feb and I havent heard anything since.

Is there more people in the same waiting period or have ye already received ye're Letters?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

JStar wrote: »
    Hi folks, I am just wondering if anyone has received the final Letter of Introduction from London in the past week?

My application was forwarded to London on the 9th of Feb and I havent heard anything since.

Is there more people in the same waiting period or have ye already received ye're Letters?

Thanks.

Mine was sent to London on the 9th too, so I'm the same as you

There are people on the Bunac FB page that got sent to London on the 3rd but haven't heard back yet. Think some people from Feb 8th have got theirs though

It's pretty random! They didn't seem to give any visas out yesterday though

mine was sent on the 11th, i think it will be wither next week or week after..
    they seems to be all sent monday or tuesdays..

here is a few that received it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056197254

• Advertisement

C@non wrote: »
    mine was sent on the 11th, i think it will be wither next week or week after..
    they seems to be all sent monday or tuesdays..

here is a few that received it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056197254

There were LOADS given out last Friday

There's really no pattern to them

really?? thats promising..

I went ahead and tuck a gamble.. i booked my one way flights 2 days ago for the end of the month.. so it better arrive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

really?? thats promising..

I went ahead and tuck a gamble.. i booked my one way flights 2 days ago for the end of the month.. so it better arrive!!

I'd say most of us will get it by tomorrow week.
    I have to stop checking my email and boards non stop. Getting feck all done at work!

Also whats thie Bunac FB page? i typed bunac in facebook but nothing came up

cybrandian wrote: »
    I'd say most of us will get it by tomorrow week.
    I have to stop checking my email and boards non stop. Getting feck all done at work!

hahaha im the exact same!!

Also whats thie Bunac FB page? i typed bunac in facebook but nothing came up

It's bunac work canada I think

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    It's bunac work canada I think

thanks i found it with that exact wording

is this the brithis program?

thanks i found it with that exact wording

is this the brithis program?

yup, but they go through the exact same process as us to get the visa

If people on there start getting them, then Irish visas will be dished out too

I'd nearly go as far as to say they're all in one big pile together

that explains the delay and the long procedure.. hate to be in that office with the mountain of paperwork!!
    thats one more site for me now to keep refreshing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

me and a few others got ours monday! did anyone get theirs yesterday? seems like they release them in batches

Advertisement