Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

beano345 wrote: »
    me and a few others got ours monday! did anyone get theirs yesterday? seems like they release them in batches

When was it sent to the uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

C@non wrote: »
    When was it sent to the uk?

4th of february!was just over 4 weeks in london! hope yous get it soon its a stressful wait! the only thing is i have'nt heard of anyone getting rejected from london:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

on monday and tuesday some people who sent it on the 2nd and 3rd to the uk received it i think there was some 4th of february too.
    I just hope by logic, if you guys received it this week, then is i'm the 11th im 1 week behind basically, so it would make sense for it to arrive next week :-/

I heard of 2 people who were rejected from london but it was 1 or 2 days after it was sent, for something that the french office never spotted. ( but it was big like a missing document or something ) but if people dont hear after 1 week in london i think its ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

congrats on the visa m8. let us know what insurance u end up gettin.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yipyip

Do you know of anyone who helps with filling out the IEC forms-do not know where to start!!

• Advertisement

yipyip wrote: »
    Do you know of anyone who helps with filling out the IEC forms-do not know where to start!!

hey think go4less are doing something like that checking all the forms for 75 euro i think.would you not tackle them yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 H Rambles

My friend and I poured over these threads in prep for sending our applications.

We spent hours on Tuesday Putting it all together with the finishing touches and put them in the last post of the evening.

This morning (Thursday, 1 full day after postage) we recieved the mail saying that they had arrived in France. And them to our shock, Late evening today we received a second mail saying it had passed the first stage. We haven't heard of anyone having such a fast turnaround at the first stage as this.

I guess we must of done something right in the applications or else just got very lucky. So if anyone wants to ask how we put them together or any application question I'd be happy to oblige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mysty

I didnt think I'd have the time to fill in the forms so I used visa first to fill out my application. it cost €250 in total including the application fee of €110 and registered post to Paris (around €8). In hindsight I would definately do it myself cos it is a lot more straight forward than I thought it would be. They fill in the form and send it to you to sign and forward to Paris - you have to do the transfer from your bank account, send the proof of transfer, organise the garda cert, photos, proof of funds etc so overall you end up doing most of it. I think the fee is refundable though if you do not get granted a visa but I'm hoping I wont need to do find out this for sure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

H Rambles wrote: »

We spent hours on Tuesday Putting it all together with the finishing touches and put them in the last post of the evening.

This morning (Thursday, 1 full day after postage) we recieved the mail saying that they had arrived in France. And them to our shock, Late evening today we received a second mail saying it had passed the first stage. We haven't heard of anyone having such a fast turnaround at the first stage as this.

I guess we must of done something right in the applications or else just got very lucky. So if anyone wants to ask how we put them together or any application question I'd be happy to oblige.

Its probably due to the fact that most people applied weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irish Philly

Hay yea

Hows the process going, it's a hell of a long wait ;(.
    Just wondering does anyone know of any links to affordable accommodation in Toronto (GTA). Hope to be there by May once England get their skates on .....:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Hay yea

Hows the process going, it's a hell of a long wait ;(.
    Just wondering does anyone know of any links to affordable accommodation in Toronto (GTA). Hope to be there by May once England get their skates on .....:pac::pac::pac:

heres a link that show info and pictures on nthe neighbourhoods dont think it gives prices though try craiglist.com

http://www.boldts.net/Toronto.shtml#map

thanks for that!!!
    I was lookin on craiglist that site it's a bit all over the place but there is some good places on it.
    my mate got me a book on canada from the lonely planet its full of useful information i definitely recommend it.
    drinks in the collins for leavin party yea lol :)

thanks for that!!!
    I was lookin on craiglist that site it's a bit all over the place but there is some good places on it.
    my mate got me a book on canada from the lonely planet its full of useful information i definitely recommend it.
    drinks in the collins for leavin party yea lol :)

sure im part of the furniture in that place lol might aswell have my leaving do in it :D yeah got the lonely planet out of the library have to but a copy when im going handy to have

good stuff, i'll only be excited once this visa actually comes in. no need to get worked up yet sit back and relax for now lol its in england 3 weeks now. ide say they are like ah sure another week wont hurt them.
    theres a really good band on in collins tommor night one of my mates is playin so prob pop dwn to support them. if i dnt go he'll never play guitar for me @ the cradel sessons again lol

good stuff, i'll only be excited once this visa actually comes in. no need to get worked up yet sit back and relax for now lol its in england 3 weeks now. ide say they are like ah sure another week wont hurt them.
    theres a really good band on in collins tommor night one of my mates is playin so prob pop dwn to support them. if i dnt go he'll never play guitar for me @ the cradel sessons again lol

i got mine monday was just over 4 weeks in london some wait though:D id say everyone will get it soon havent heard of rejections from london yet! ah long time since i was at the cradle session might drop down does be good:D

i got mine monday was just over 4 weeks in london some wait though:D id say everyone will get it soon havent heard of rejections from london yet! ah long time since i was at the cradle session might drop down does be good:D
    ah congrats bet your delighted!! cradles are good alright, i love getting up great feeling once i prepare.
    best of luck with your travel plans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 H Rambles

can2011 wrote: »
    Its probably due to the fact that most people applied weeks ago.

I really doubt thats the case. Either way, We've had a wait of two days where as other people who applied weeks ago seem to still be waiting. I can't argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Snooz

A few of my friends passed phase 1 after only a couple of days as well. The same fast turnaround as you. It's nothing to do with you doing "something right in the applications". The application is either correct or it's not.

It's phase 2 that most people here are waiting to hear about.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

I really doubt thats the case. Either way, We've had a wait of two days where as other people who applied weeks ago seem to still be waiting. I can't argue with that.

It has sped up. It was taking a couple of weeks initially but now it's just a day or two. I got the email comfirming they received my application and the conditional acceptance on the same day. There just aren't as many people applying now as there were in the first few weeks as you'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

i just got my letter of introduction.....

4.5 weeks in london

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

niva*sis wrote: »

4.5 weeks in london

congratulations:D:D:D relief isnt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

4.5 weeks in london

Congrats Niva

What date was your app sent to London?

congratulations:D:D:D relief isnt it!

oh stop my friend got hers monday and i was stressed to the bone waiting for it..

oh stop my friend got hers monday and i was stressed to the bone waiting for it..

i was hungover and prepared for another day of torture when it arrived,thought it was a rejection e-mail at first:D really hope the rest get good news today too:D

I cant even seem to download application package...something to do with pdf anyone any ideas?

cybrandian wrote: »
    Congrats Niva

What date was your app sent to London?

thanks

mine was sent to london on the 8th of FEB

I cant even seem to download application package...something to do with pdf anyone any ideas?

why whats happening when you try download it??

Fixed it! Thanks anyway!

Any one that has filled out the form would they mind private mailing me their number. Its just starting form...and would love to be able to ask someone immediatly if get stuck! Dont worry wont annoy you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Any one that has filled out the form would they mind private mailing me their number. Its just starting form...and would love to be able to ask someone immediatly if get stuck! Dont worry wont annoy you! :)

There's loads of info in the other threads, so make sure you read those also as someone may have already had and solved any problems you may encounter.

General Thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055636324

Why people got refused:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056162725

Advertisement