Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: International Experience Class (IEC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Manic con wrote: »
    Yeah.they just have a automatic email they send you saying I might take longer.I'm not waiting on a medical.I'm worried because other people who's app was sent to London on the 4/03 got theirs.

Manic, the date of 4/03 is that not a total of 5 weeks for you waiting?.. the process 6 to 8 weeks, i would say at this stage the process is 8 weeks for those who dont need a medical that is. Also people do get their LOI at ealier stages , so no one really knows the system for issuing,some need to wait more and some get it at 4.5 weeks. Just letting you know . Im sure you wil get it soon doh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Manic con

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    Manic, the date of 4/03 is that not a total of 5 weeks for you waiting?.. the process 6 to 8 weeks, i would say at this stage the process is 8 weeks for those who dont need a medical that is. Also people do get their LOI at ealier stages , so no one really knows the system for issuing,some need to wait more and some get it at 4.5 weeks. Just letting you know . Im sure you wil get it soon doh.

The date my app went to London was the 23/02 in total I have been waiting 7 weeks.on me acknowledgement email I was told it would take only 6 weeks.when I was saying that date 4/03 it was a person on a different form who's app went to London on that date.thanks for writing back to my post tho.think I'll just have to keep waiting.

The date my app went to London was the 23/02 in total I have been waiting 7 weeks.on me acknowledgement email I was told it would take only 6 weeks.when I was saying that date 4/03 it was a person on a different form who's app went to London on that date.thanks for writing back to my post tho.think I'll just have to keep waiting.

Yeah , i know its a pain waiting the full time and more not knowing whats going on. Waiting myself + a medical to do lolz. that can take up to 12 weeks according to the application form info. There was a guy on thread somewhere while back got his at week 8 (not medical that is). You will probably get it in your email in the next 2 weeks anyways. No problem. Oh i did read up onthe application bit more there few days ago, did state if there any any small tiny,minor errors anywhere it will result in a delay so it says anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

2 questions that might seem silly but ill ask anyway

my cv is fairly blank, havent work since i left school 3 years ago and was in college for 6 months. will that matter?

and

the proof of funds, you have to have the 2400 in your bank acc. before even sending the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Eutow wrote: »
    No need to book a return flight as long as you have proof of funds. Anyway I don't think any carrier allows us to book more than twelve months in advance. I booked with Airtransit myself, also 3rd of May.

Yea I'm thinking of booking for that date myself. Either that or the 10th. So are you bringing some kind of proof of funds for when you're collecting your visa? Would that just be a bank statement or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

2 questions that might seem silly but ill ask anyway

my cv is fairly blank, havent work since i left school 3 years ago and was in college for 6 months. will that matter?

and

the proof of funds, you have to have the 2400 in your bank acc. before even sending the app?

CV shouldn't matter at all mate, just make sure what's on it matches the work and education part of your application

Proof of Funds - You need to have whatever is equivalent to 3000 Canadian dollars as you apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Yea I'm thinking of booking for that date myself. Either that or the 10th. So are you bringing some kind of proof of funds for when you're collecting your visa? Would that just be a bank statement or something?

I'm going to bring a recent bank statement and I'll also bring a copy of the proof of funds sheet the IEC looked for - (I printed two of these and got my bank to sign both, kept one and sent the other to the IEC).

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭miser44

Hi guys
    Just downloaded the application kit there. For proof of funds i dont have 2400 euro. But i do have £2000 in a bank acc in the north which covers the 3000 CAD. I f i get a bank statement from that bank it will have a different address on it to where i live now, do you think this will be a problem?

miser44 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Just downloaded the application kit there. For proof of funds i dont have 2400 euro. But i do have £2000 in a bank acc in the north which covers the 3000 CAD. I f i get a bank statement from that bank it will have a different address on it to where i live now, do you think this will be a problem?

I don't think a bank statement will suffice. You need a proof of funds as it's part of the application that needs to be included. This can be either your own funds or you can get a third party proof of funds.

Sorry thats what i meant. Get the bank to fill out the proof of funds page thats with the application kit.
    It says that you need 2400 euro or more but if i go to my bank in the north i have £2000 which doesnt convert to 2400 euro but does cover the 3000 CAD.
    Will this be alright. Wanna get it right 1st time

• Advertisement

miser44 wrote: »
    Sorry thats what i meant. Get the bank to fill out the proof of funds page thats with the application kit.
    It says that you need 2400 euro or more but if i go to my bank in the north i have £2000 which doesnt convert to 2400 euro but does cover the 3000 CAD.
    Will this be alright. Wanna get it right 1st time

If the bank are willing to sign the proof of funds then I'd imagine it's fine. All they ask for is that document.

jimmybeige wrote: »
    If the bank are willing to sign the proof of funds then I'd imagine it's fine. All they ask for is that document.

Ok tanx alot for da help

No worries. The IEC just asked me for my Proof Of Funds signed by the bank. I didn't need to show them a bank statement or anything. The signed Proof of funds was all that was needed to get the Letter of Introduction at least. Not sure about when you arrive in Canada, perhaps they would like a bank statement, but you definitely don't need it to get your LOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

Has anybodys time past that they were give at the start?it has for me and no word I'm thinking it may have been rejected at this stage.I sent them a email but it didn help much.it was sent to London on the 23/02.

Hi Manic con ... Im in the same boat as you. My application was given 6weeks processing time. I havent heard anything back off them yet alot of people who sent off their application after me received their Loi. My apllication was rec on the 22nd of Feb and Im not waiting on a medical or anything like that. What email address did you use to email them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Manic con

jessible wrote: »
    Hi Manic con ... Im in the same boat as you. My application was given 6weeks processing time. I havent heard anything back off them yet alot of people who sent off their application after me received their Loi. My apllication was rec on the 22nd of Feb and Im not waiting on a medical or anything like that. What email address did you use to email them?

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca.they will send you an automated email saying it can take longer.with me tho it's odd that so many people are saying their app was in London only 3 and a half weeks and they got their loi.hope I get word soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca.they will send you an automated email saying it can take longer.with me tho it's odd that so many people are saying their app was in London only 3 and a half weeks and they got their loi.hope I get word soon.

i sent an email there to them just got an automatic response from them saying that that they will send it to the relevant department.lts not looking too good really...

I just recieved this response:

Good afternoon;

Please be advised that due to an extremely high volume of International Experience Canada applications received over the course of the past two months, your application may take longer than the eight week approximated date to be processed.

It is possible that you have already received your response from the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK. We recommend that applicants periodically check their junk mail settings and junk mail inbox, as some types of email accounts automatically forward responses from the Visa Section there.

We thank you for your appreciation in this matter.
    Best regards,

The IEC Team

Im sorry but I am so peed off this response could mean I am waiting indefinitely for a reply ... I mean what if they lost my application or something ...are they even going to check?? By that stage all the visas could be gone is there any other email I could use? I checked the websit and you cant contact them by phone. This is ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Du

I'm also currently awaiting my LOI, does anyone know if theres a travel agent that will book flights for you, but only having to pay a deposit? Because it won't be until May when I find out and I'm looking to go at the end of June and the price of flights is only going up.

tldr: price of flights are going up every day, if i book a flight and get rejected can i just lose a deposit?

Du wrote: »
    I'm also currently awaiting my LOI, does anyone know if theres a travel agent that will book flights for you, but only having to pay a deposit? Because it won't be until May when I find out and I'm looking to go at the end of June and the price of flights is only going up.

tldr: price of flights are going up every day, if i book a flight and get rejected can i just lose a deposit?

The flights last week and this week atm ar e going at a nice price, if you find one at a reasonable cheap price, like 3 or 4 00 bite the bullet and book!!! sure if you loose out on your LOI, geuss it wont be much to loose anywaysrather than paying through the roof in few weeks time . Maby book a single flight not return also. Just suggestions few people are doing this on here also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Timalloy

Have been waiting now for 7 weeks now and a little frustrated... has anyone heard a news from London Embassy re: LOI????

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Heard nothing either. I've "only" been waiting 5 and a half weeks since it was sent to London though.

• Advertisement

Nightmare, I have tried to send emails to Canadian embassy and tried calling them but there is no way of getting in touch. I have my flight booked (one way) for the end of next week (i thought this would give me time) but then the delay happened. I want to go anyway... Does anyone know if I go and the LOI comes through while Im there can I stay??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 moncy25

Timalloy wrote: »
    Have been waiting now for 7 weeks now and a little frustrated... has anyone heard a news from London Embassy re: LOI????

Hey, I received my LOI today, was sent to London 7th March..I went through Usit so I'm thinking maybe that's why it was bang on time for me.....hope it comes soon for you, best of luck and i'm sure you'll hear something soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Nightmare, I have tried to send emails to Canadian embassy and tried calling them but there is no way of getting in touch. I have my flight booked (one way) for the end of next week (i thought this would give me time) but then the delay happened. I want to go anyway... Does anyone know if I go and the LOI comes through while Im there can I stay??

Hey there,

You would just have to pop over the border to the US, and then come back through immigration again so they can issue you with the working permit. Not such a big deal if you are going somewhere relatively close to the border like Vancouver! Also, someone said that they -might- do it at international airports if you are lucky. The only thing is, as you have a one way ticket they might give you a more difficult time when you come through for just a "holiday" - but if you explain the situation you might be ok. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

moncy25 wrote: »
    Hey, I received my LOI today, was sent to London 7th March..I went through Usit so I'm thinking maybe that's why it was bang on time for me.....hope it comes soon for you, best of luck and i'm sure you'll hear something soon:D

I'm actually thinking the USIT thing really doesn't make a difference, my boyfriend has been waiting almost 6 weeks in London now - his processing time was past last week and he went through USIT. But fingers crossed it'll happen soon! Like tomorrow ;)

lindzation wrote: »
    Hey there,

You would just have to pop over the border to the US, and then come back through immigration again so they can issue you with the working permit. Not such a big deal if you are going somewhere relatively close to the border like Vancouver! Also, someone said that they -might- do it at international airports if you are lucky. The only thing is, as you have a one way ticket they might give you a more difficult time when you come through for just a "holiday" - but if you explain the situation you might be ok. Hope that helps!

Thanks, appreciate the info! I hope your boyfriend hears soon also so you can get over there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomoshea

im in the same boat as you timalloy. going in 2 weeks with 1 way flight and wont have recieved my LOI. i just posted this on another thread but thought it mite help you..... worst case scenario id say is that you have to pay the bond. make sure to let us know how you get on!

When you arrive in Canada, you will be greeted by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The CBSA is responsible for protecting the borders and points of entry to Canada. Find out more information about the CBSA.

The officer will ask to see your passport or travel documents. Make sure that you have them with you, and that they are not packed in your luggage. This will speed up your entry to Canada.

Even if you do not need a visa to enter Canada, the officer will ask you a few questions. The officer will confirm that you meet the requirements for admission to Canada. This should only take a few minutes.

You will not be allowed into Canada if you give false or incomplete information, or if you do not satisfy the officer that you are eligible for entry into Canada. You will also have to satisfy the officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay in Canada.

The Government of Canada will never ask you to deposit money into a personal bank account or to transfer money through a specific company. However, in some cases, an immigration officer at the Canadian port of entry can require you to post a bond in form of a cash deposit to ensure that you comply with certain terms and conditions during your visit to Canada (i.e. leaving Canada when your approved period of stay is over).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

Will you please let us know how you get on at the border? Was thinking of doing that myself.

Just got the introduction letter: IEC Work Permit Introduction Letter - Permis de travail Lettre d'introduction EIC

Its good to have it as I leave in one week was def sweating on this. Also for anyone looking at flights and wanting to keep as much money for the adventure try pricing a flight with Air Tranist I got mine for £149 one way (£2.50 transaction fee on top of that). Also for comprehensive insurance for 12 months look at Outbacker I have called them up and because I will fly out from Glasgow Airport (air Transit) I can avail of their insurance £146.77 - this I think is cheaper than any other prices... If you are leaving from Dublin and flying with Aer Lingus follow up with them also as I read in the small print that they are underwritten by Europ Assistance (insurance) Merrion Sq Dublin!!!

Good luck and I hope everyones LOI comes soon.

Slan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 corkbai

hi, wondering can anyone HELP me, just back from AIB after trying to wire the 110e visa fee to paris and they said their policy has changed that i cannot incurr the embassys bank receiving fee anymore. somethg about only sharing fee option?..i can however pay the fee if i know it,does anyone know how much this fee is?? like i pay 110e plus a form for 20e then the paris bank...i was going to just pay an extra 20e to cover it but better to be certain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 H Rambles

I had the same issue when i went to pay the fee, its grand at 110. Everyone on here (including myself and my mate) has had no problem with paying that amount, it'll get accepted!

Advertisement