Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We don't want a thread on every little thing you think about the economy - superlock

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

I am glad that somebody had the courage to start a thread on this subject in AH. There is such a uniformly optimistic view posted in threads here every single day it is nice to see some contrarian position. Well done OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Peoples incomes are going to be very much reduced in decembers budget. Then there are bills like morgtage or rent, food, esb, clothing, etc. Then extra bills like property and water tax. People are not going to have money to spend. It will lead to more unemployment. What the hell are we going to do.

Your best bet is to just sleep through it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Get drunk.
    It'll have to be Tesco Value vodka though..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im just going to continue on living the way I have been. I didnt "force" myself into serious amounts of debt by buying myself 5 houses, 2 top of the range cars, go on holidays 10 times a year and built that extension. I lived my life within my own means, and I will continue to do so going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

I'd say rent might fall though - the OP mentioned that in his/her post. Renters GO SHOPPING FOR IRELAND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

jd007 wrote: »
    Starbelgrade is gonna explode when he sees this :P

I've given up at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

Dont worry, do what everyone else does. shrug you shoulders and get drunk.

godscop wrote: »
    Dont worry, do what everyone else does. shrug you shoulders and get drunk.

Pass me the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Dear Boards,

Can we have an entire section / forum dedicated to this topic? It's springing up everywhere and I'm depressed enough as it is.

Live4ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Seriously every second thread seems to be about the recession/bailout FFS. :rolleyes: I know it’s the most important thing at the moment but its so fcuking d-epressing, please stop people!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Peoples incomes are going to be very much reduced in decembers budget.
    Feel free to start the thread after the budget has been announced.

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Can we have an entire section / forum dedicated to this topic?

And then bury it at sea.

You created a thread about the recession complaining about threads about the recession.

whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is an Irish Economy forum where you can discuss these matters.
    Look under this heading

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Just read that Paul Gogarty (Green TD) brought his 19 month old daughter to the media conference where the Greens announced they were calling for an election.

He claims he could not find a baby sitter to look after the child so had to bring her with him. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it portrayed the Irish in a professional light on the world stage for him to be seen bouncing a baby on his knee during the conference!! :mad:

Having said that, It would have been funny if the child started crying or puking after Gormley finished his speech!! :D

http://irishmediawatch.com/?p=4575

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what expenses did he claim for doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

He claims he could not find a baby sitter to look after the child so had to bring her with him. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Yes, it happens sometimes.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If it was a female politician no one would be allowed to be critical. </just sayin'>

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello.
    I believe Mr. Gogarty has a boards account now and posts regularly (or at least posted regularly in the past) so maybe you could PM him your objections. Or perhaps the parenting forum or politics forum might be able to help. Or his twitter account. Or whatever other online media he is using at the moment to promote himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

“IMF staff estimates show that cutting labor income taxes paid by women by 5 percentage points would increase the GDP level by 1¾ percentage points, for a fiscal cost of ½ percentage point of GDP.”

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/spn/2010/spn1019.pdf

The quote's in there somewhere...

I thought I saw a notice of a march by an affiliation of feminists groups to tackle this attempt to demean women - I was mistaken though, I haven't heard a word from them.

What ya think of women paying less tax simply because they're women AH'ers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

If it has the net effect they claim, do it!

Try the ole Irish economy forum there OP. Or politics maybe?
    We're all stocked up on IMF in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Was walking home through Clondalkin Village and noticed that a guy was sealing up the BOI ATM machine,anybody else seen any other ATM's being sealed up?

We're not really interested in unsubstantiated speculation of this sort thanks all the same OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

IBTL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement