Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We don't want a thread on every little thing you think about the economy - superlock

Options
  • 22-11-2009 7:33pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In response to some of the recent political events taking over discussion in after hours I am creating this thread for the time being.
    Essentially, if your thread ends up here, it means it does not belong in after hours. If more suited to other forums, where possible, these threads will be moved. If you have any questions please drop one of us a PM.

Will you celebrate 4 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

In such turbulent times we would expect to hear from the head of state. She has been remarkably quiet these days when she should be seen. I know it is not cool to criticise the President but what are is going on in the Aras ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Doing what presidents do best.

Presidenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

She's at home...washing her tights!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

She's in bed with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

krudler wrote: »
    She's at home...washing her tights!
    doing up her c.v. to send to countries that aren't completely fúcked..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Shes watching Children in Need on BBC 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

De Dannan wrote: »
    In such turbulent times we would expect to hear from the head of state. She has been remarkably quiet these days when she should be seen. I know it is not cool to criticise the President but what are is going on in the Aras ?

The Constitution of Ireland provides for a parliamentary system of government, under which the role of the head of state (President) is largely a ceremonial one.

Unlike the presidents of many other republics, The President of Ireland is neither the nominal nor de facto chief officer of the state. Rather, executive authority is expressly vested in the Government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Shes watching Children in Need on BBC 1.

Children. Needy little bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Here's her diary for yesterday (Friday)
    Friday, 19th November 20102:30 p.m. Áras an Uachtaráin
    President hosts Senior Citizens' Reception

6:30 p.m. (Dublin) Civic Offices, Dublin City Council, Wood Quay, Dublin 2
    President attends the Multicultural Young People's Awards

And on Saturday:
    11:30 a.m. (Leitrim) Carrick-on-Shannon
    President unveils plaque to mark Carrick-on-Shannon's European Entente Florale Awards 2010 Gold Medal win

So now you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Children. Needy little bastards.

Post made me laugh. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I don't care to hear from her. It's a pointless role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I don't care to hear from her. It's a pointless role.

I take it you are a 'multicultural young people award' runner up then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Keeping her head down in all this, knowing full well the media dont like her becaue she's the wrong kind of nordie.

Or keeping those appointments. Either or.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Waitnig for me to take her place.
    Vote Terry O'Dowd in 2011.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Sitting naked in a big pile of our money laughing maniacally and screaming "jackpot jackpot jackpot" at the top of her lungs?

also masturbating with a crucifix, I am reliably informed

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Here's her diary for yesterday (Friday)

And on Saturday:

So now you know.

So being paid for doing...fcuk all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

Her job is to shake hands with players in Aviva stadium, she's not to blame for the mess though, she does nothing anyway, the President of Ireland is a nothing role invented by Dev for a cushy retirement role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

De Dannan wrote: »

She probably has the same amount of knowledge on the financial status of this country as Brian Lenihan, none. If the IMF/EU said that we had to choose between keeping the corporation tax rate of 12.5% or having a president then I'd go for the former. It's a nothing role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I heard at night she hops over her back wall and walks around the zoo naked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

The Constitution of Ireland provides for a parliamentary system of government, under which the role of the head of state (President) is largely a ceremonial one.

Unlike the presidents of many other republics, The President of Ireland is neither the nominal nor de facto chief officer of the state. Rather, executive authority is expressly vested in the Government.

Thank you for quoting wikipedia
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jpAHGrosPR0J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Ireland+The+Constitution+of+Ireland+provides+for+a+parliamentary+system+of+government,+under+which+the+role+of+the+head+of+state+%28President%29+is+largely+a+ceremonial+one.+Unlike+the+presidents+of+many+other+republics,+The+President+of+Ireland+is+neither+the+nominal+nor+de+facto+chief+officer+of+the+state.+Rather,+executive+authority+is+expressly+vested+in+the+Government.&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

Paparazzo wrote: »

Yaay! Many in the pub tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Paparazzo wrote: »

A underated perk of the job I would imagine !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Thank you for quoting wikipedia

Thanks for stating the bleedin' obvious. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Ive nothing against our presidant, all she is is a figure face really, She visited my "town" on thursday i think, all the aul ones out well dressed excited to even get a glimps of her.

But instead she shot trough the town (my town is really just a small street) like a f**kn torpeedo. someone should remind her driver that he's not passing trough a dodgy town in Afganistan, Theres no nead for it.
    Also after all the excitment of her visit, all the gossip was about her bombing down the street as if avoiding any possible ambushes.

Silly silly behaviour Mary, Gaybo's gonna kick yer ass :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

krudler wrote: »
    So being paid for doing...fcuk all really.

as the OP said its not pc to question the President - but i for one would not vote for her if she was up for re-election - the only memory i have of her is shaking hands with the Irish rugby team and joking with BOD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Alf would make a great president...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Havent seen her in years! and what does she actually do?.....clearly the easiest 'job' going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Would you all feel better if she was giving some morale boosting speeches to the country in these times?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

dazftw wrote: »
    Would you all feel better if she was giving some morale boosting speeches to the country in these times?

Much better, It'd be a change from her all ireland final appearances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Much better, It'd be a change from her all ireland final appearances

Yeah I would like it myself. I don't know what should could say but I would like it.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement