Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We don't want a thread on every little thing you think about the economy - superlock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Frontline Public sector wages are not the problem its the overpaid wasters in Government with more pensions and expense forms than they know what to do with are what needs to be slashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

OP - you seek an answer to the impossible! BTW if I tell you my take home pay, do you want me to include my RSI number and date of birth with that?

I'm sure a photocopy of your passport and most recent bank statement would be greatly appreciated also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

So your on about 60K a year that is a good wage considering there are so many unemployed electricians about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭geespot

if we had a big enough jail for the scumbags we could manage with half the amount of gardai and a quater the amount of judges seen as its the same few people in court every week they get two years and or back in court next week because they were out on bail or got a suspened sentence or early release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

by the way i am an electrician and earn 800euro after tax per week just to start it off

800 quid to change a lightbulb? Go on ouer dat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

An electrifying wage indeed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

800 a week, thats more than some front line public sector workers basic pay.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Well as a PS worker you are on a lot more than I'm on!!! That is for definite. I'm in the civil service nearly 9 yrs and i dont earn anywhere even near that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

by the way i am an electrician and earn 800euro after tax per week just to start it off

I'm sure we can find an non union electrician or even a firm from Northern Ireland to undercut you next time there is a job going

TEEU Union rates are far too high

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

IBTL/megamerge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Given the current climate of the media ane pretty much everyone else talking about how overpaid our public sector workers are my question is this. How much in your opinion do you think the average frotline public sector worker ( gardai, nurses teachers etc) should be paid. after tax what do you reckon they are woth for a weeks work...also tell us your average after tax weekly earning and job if you wish..i am interested to see how people really feel about the worth of these jobs..by the way i am an electrician and earn 800euro after tax per week just to start it off
    If you would like a really good article, PM me and I'll tell you of my plans for the next election.
    Otherwise, I'd recommend getting out and asking people on the street for their opinions. It'll make for a better article.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

kiersm wrote: »
    Well as a PS worker you are on a lot more than I'm on!!! That is for definite. I'm in the civil service nearly 9 yrs and i dont earn anywhere even near that
    Lies. You get €100,000 a year, and you only do 20 hours a week in your pointless administration job.
    Admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

kiersm wrote: »

I've been a frontline PS worker for 17 years and I don't even get half of what the OP gets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

I put my life at risk to save yours, how much is that worth??
    (just part of the service......)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

PS workers need a 20% wage cut or a 20% work week increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Anyone just see that woman in the background behind the reporter outside Government buildings calling Brian Cowen a traitor?
    There be anger on the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

KeithM89 wrote: »
    No.
    :eek: maybe I imagined it...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

So with the bailout and the new budget coming up do you think there should be a election before christmas yes or no??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What do you think? Yes? or No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

I personally think yes there is now a poll up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Maybe

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Try the politics forum mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Someone might have mentioned this before but it seems to me to be an option if they would have us. We could leave the euro and use the dollar and tell the bond holders to get stuffed, elect a govenor and scrap the dail, we'd all have green cards, we might run the risk of an odd security threat but it might prevent a revolution! We seem to have lost our sovernity anyway now might be a good time!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Please see thread title mate. A glut of these threads at the moment. Trying to keep them focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

hi there folks
    does any body know when the dail closes for xmas hols.
    i heard on the radio that they return on the 19th of JANUARY.
    Thats 2 weeks after i return if i still have a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Sure god love them. They need a break.

The three months break they got during summer really took it out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Look at the bright side, if they're not working they can't do any more harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Thats why they're all raging about the Green Party, because they're gona have to campaign over the Christmas now because of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

They have lots of christmas shopping to do, so they need plenty of time to claim expenses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement