Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 _mark_08_

On the PS3 is there anyone selling good players for fifa 11 ultimate team??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

_mark_08_ wrote: »

Wrong thread??:confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got the platinum there last night. Getting the cars was a bit of a pain in the ass but wasn't too hard at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 _mark_08_

rickyjb wrote: »
    Wrong thread??:confused::pac:

DO you know where the thread is for it

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭mrm

_mark_08_ wrote: »

Let me investigate that for you.

Emmm, there appears to be none in the cigaratte packet.
    Interesting, nothing in the tea caddy either.

No, mark_08...I doubt you will find any on this thread.....YOU FOOTBALL PLAYING SCUMBAG! GOD DAMMIT, WHEN I GET YOUR FOOTBALL I AM GOING TO BURST IT! ARRRRGGGHHHH!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

:eek:

ok, put everyone out of their misery, Mark I'd say you are better off checking here in the Fifa/Pro Evo section.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=502

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Finished it few days ago thought it was good hated the ending though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

sheehy83 wrote: »
    :eek:

ok, put everyone out of their misery, Mark I'd say you are better off checking here in the Fifa/Pro Evo section.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=502

How does someone "wander in" to the wrong section/thread anyway?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Need to find 3 cars before I get the 100% gameplay. Still have a few achievments to unlock to comlete it 100% in my mind.

I only needed 11 achievements on Monday today I need 21 as there are two new cases coming out in June 21st apparently and they have added these achievemnets already.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Follow this to a T and you'll get through it, no hassle.

Cheers man, got it first time with this. :)

And that's all she wrote for LA Noire. It's been good, but unfortunately the games worst flaw in my view is now gonna take effect, lack of replay value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Finished this today, the story that is.

Loved the ending, I was surprised
    how much more I took to Cole while playing as Kelso, probably due to the fact the flashbacks revealed more about him.
    The ending wrapped it up nicely, the progression was well done in the way he sacrificed himself to redeem himself for what went on during the War, ie the killing of civilians in the cave. It brought to an end his constant struggle to strive for the truth and do right for those around him

Great game, such a nice change of pace, while it not be to everyones liking I think they done a great job.

It seemed more like I was watching a movie rather than playing a game but I don't mind that when the story involves you that much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

mrm wrote: »
    Let me investigate that for you.

Emmm, there appears to be none in the cigaratte packet.
    Interesting, nothing in the tea caddy either.

No, mark_08...I doubt you will find any on this thread.....YOU FOOTBALL PLAYING SCUMBAG! GOD DAMMIT, WHEN I GET YOUR FOOTBALL I AM GOING TO BURST IT! ARRRRGGGHHHH!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    WTF?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Digitalism wrote: »
    WTF?

Have you played LA Noire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not safe for work because of language,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mkb1441

Very good game so far in my opinion :) although sometimes the lying / bluffing interviewees are scarcely more subtle than :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Ive enjoyed what ive palyed of it (finished homicide), but every time i put it down i have zero inclination to pick it up again. Its a good game, but just, i dunno, i cant help but shake the feeling when im playing it that nothing i do really matters at all. Like im just watching a sort of ok film and occasionally pressing X. Not sure ill bother finishing it or use it as trade in fodder for Duke. Its a good change of pace and credit to the devs for trying something different, but theres too many missed opportunities and bad decisions here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

5uspect wrote: »
    Have you played LA Noire?
    2rub7eoeem.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Ive enjoyed what ive palyed of it (finished homicide), but every time i put it down i have zero inclination to pick it up again. Its a good game, but just, i dunno, i cant help but shake the feeling when im playing it that nothing i do really matters at all. Like im just watching a sort of ok film and occasionally pressing X. Not sure ill bother finishing it or use it as trade in fodder for Duke. Its a good change of pace and credit to the devs for trying something different, but theres too many missed opportunities and bad decisions here.

The lack of a good story and decent pacing through out the game hurts it immensely and with cole not being likable makes it difficult to pick up

If this game had a solid story through out the gameplay repetition would have easier to deal with:(

Still a good game though just overhyped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

I finished it there. Found it fairly enjoyable. Although it's the first game I've played through in years. Agree that it can be a bit tedious at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just got around to playing it and here are a few thoughts.

Myself and my girlfriend played through the whole thing over the last couple of days so I was kind of dipping in and out of the story but I really enjoyed it, from what I seen/played the story was engaging, not without its flaws but it was something that you could get into. However perhaps the best thing about the game is how it captures the feel of 1940's LA from the streets, to the dress sense and the cars. It was nice to have a game which is not just the latest installment of a franchise or an FPS.

Although as I have said there are some flaws. The storyline has it's flaws
    , the affair just feels tacked on and makes no sense because so little time is devoted to it. It would have made much more sense for Roy to manipulate Elsa into having the affair with Phelps in order for him to blackmail Phelps, although this would have required the end to be rewritten.

I also think the serial killer storyline could have been the over arching storyline rather than 6 or 7 missions clumped together, and been the final case which has Phelps called back into Homicide because they need his help to crack the case.

I didn't mind playing as Phelps at all until
    you begin to play as Kelso, then you realise just how boring and annoying he is. Jack would have made a much better protagonist.

The interrogation system didn't work as well as the developers hoped. Even when you know people are lying there is often 2 pieces of evidence which proves that and if you pick the wrong one then you get the question wrong. A list of questions that you can pick from and gauge the reactions to the suspects then a way for you to piece the case together before charging someone would work better.

The shooting system is terrible but that's standard in GTA games.

I didn't mind the repetition in the missions and found the mission in which you
    chased around after the Shelley clues
    to be the best mission in the game.

The facial animation was great in some places, but Courtney's top lip kept disappearing every time he talked and annoyed the hell out of me.

As someone else has said it's a bit like Assassins Creed, the bones of a very good game are there and if it gets tweaked a little for the sequel then it will be a classic game.

One last thing
    Did Petersen sell out at the end or is he just biding his time and trying to gather evidence? The last times we see him the police officer asks him about a deal but it never says if he accepts it, then he is sitting with Roy at the funeral. I think if there is a sequel it will focus around Jack as the DA's investigator and the question will probably be answered then.

Anyways I am going to play through it alone and see if my feelings on it change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Turtyturd wrote: »

I didn't mind the repetition in the missions and found the mission in which you
    chased around after the Shelley clues
    to be the best mission in the game.

I absolutely hated that section. Most of the time i hadn't come across the landmarks referred to in the clues and had to drive around until Phelps figured them out and their location was revealed which often took about 15 minutes of driving around before that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I absolutely hated that section. Most of the time i hadn't come across the landmarks referred to in the clues and had to drive around until Phelps figured them out and their location was revealed which often took about 15 minutes of driving around before that happened.

If you go to the map the landmarks are marked even if you have not found them, and they have a little description which helps you figure out the clue.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Although as I have said there are some flaws. The storyline has it's flaws
    , the affair just feels tacked on and makes no sense because so little time is devoted to it. It would have made much more sense for Roy to manipulate Elsa into having the affair with Phelps in order for him to blackmail Phelps, although this would have required the end to be rewritten.

I didn't mind playing as Phelps at all until
    you begin to play as Kelso, then you realise just how boring and annoying he is. Jack would have made a much better protagonist.

One last thing
    Did Petersen sell out at the end or is he just biding his time and trying to gather evidence? The last times we see him the police officer asks him about a deal but it never says if he accepts it, then he is sitting with Roy at the funeral. I think if there is a sequel it will focus around Jack as the DA's investigator and the question will probably be answered then.

Totally agree with this.
    Jack is much easier to empathise with and he only get 2-3 missions. To be honest, the first time I actually empathised with Phelps was when playing as Jack, and that scene where Cole threatens to shoot Roy Earl is he talks about Sheldon again.

As for a sequel, I reckon we'll get our wish and Jack will be the protagonist. I've a feeling it'll be set a few years after this one, mid to late 50's, and will have Jack working with the DA to clean up the Department.
    I really hope we get to put a bullet in Roy's head for the performance at the funeral.....

I hope you're right about it being like Assassin's Creed, because the sequel in that franchise was miles better than the original in both gameplay and story wise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Playing through it at the moment, the game lacks the freedom of GTA, i don't enjoy being the good guy all of the time, the missions are starting to get a bit repetitive, although the cases keep you immersed in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

One last thing

I think
    he partly sold out. In the last mission you see him making a deal with the Police Chief. At the funeral, if I remember right, Earle says Phelps was a good man who was falsely accused and lays all the blame on Dr. Fontaine and Leyland Monroe without mentioning the Mayor, Police Chief etc. So Peterson gets elected DA, prosecutes some of the corrupt individuals and still keeps the powerful people on his side. That being said, I don't get why Kelso would go along with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Spend all game playing as a detective

Finish the game not playing as detective

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Just traded mine in there...... said to myself that i might as well get rid of it whe i can get a bit of oney for it. threw 15 euro with it towards infamous 2... free t shirt too...

overall i was disappointed with it, just found myself walking from room to room in a crime scene just constantly pressing x.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm never going to finish this. Was about to trade it, and the missus asked to try it. I'll trade it as soon as she gets bored. Dullest game I've played in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Traded it in for 37 credit in HMV on Saturday.

Have to say I enjoyed it and agree with most on the ending being pointless.

One thing that was disappointing though is that no matter how bad you did you'd still get to the same conclusion.

Advertisement