Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh ya my head, my sense of duty, loyalty,
    my fcuked up childhood all tell me to stay
    ****in in this bed.
    But my heart, my broken heart that still pines for you
    tells me twould beat a lot faster in your bed.

So ya I'll leave you alone if that's what you want
    even though I believe it wasn't always the case.

Please to talk to someone. Please, please, please. You're worth so much more than this.

Dear Me

These are the hard times. When you know that no-one else can understand. when it hurts so much to breathe that you wonder what it would be like if you just..stopped. You'd never do it, but it's hard not to think about when things get so dark - when your world gets swallowed up in black. And you're alone. You're all alone. For in the darkness, there is no light to cast even a shadow.

You try to fight it. You try so, so hard. You try to think about the good; about what you have to live for. You try to think about love, hope...happiness. You try to tell yourself that it's all out there waiting for you to find it, once you find yourself; that the road may be long, but it's waiting right there at the end. At the end of the black. The end where you hope to god you'll somehow learn to once again begin.

The people you love, they try to love you back, they try to show they care. But sometimes you just get so mad, because they can never understand - not really. Not that you can slight them for it, you'd never wish this kind of hell on anyone, but it leaves you so isolated...and so, so alone.

The one you give your heart to, he both thrills and terrifies you. He makes you feel more like 'you' than you have in a long time, but he terrifies you... because he doesn't realise. He doesn't realise how hard it is for you to allow yourself to care; how vulnerable you've become by letting him in. He doesn't realise just how easily he could break your heart. You don't know if it can take another beating, not when every other part of you already feels so broken. You know he can't fix you, you don't want that. But you don't want him to break you either...And you're scared. You're scared he doesn't realise how much he means to you. You're scared you're not important. You're scared he doesn't care enough to help you keep the pieces together.

But, it's one day/one week/one month/one year of your life. And you have to remind yourself that someday....Someday 'tomorrow' is going to be better. You have to use the memories of the good times, to get you through the bad. You have to tell yourself that you're worth more than this, worth more than wasting your days away. You have to tell yourself that you can do it; that you're stronger than you know. And you have to keep telling yourself, you have to keep telling yourself and hope that someday you'll believe it. You have to 'know' that someday you'll believe it.

Someday, tomorrow will be a better day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

B
    Sweet mothering jesus do I miss yoy, but you dont give me a second thought. I even see people who look like you and the amount of times Ive nearly text you, but what would be the point...only to make me feel worse. Im sorry I was horrible but when you told me you had feelings for her it stung like a b!tch.

I always tried to tell myself that you were only mr right now, silly really.

No. I'm sorry, but no. This just goes back to why I ended it in the first place. Too often you'll tell me how awful life is and then a photo of you hobnobbing at some event or other will pop up on my Facebook page... and you're not alone. And then what? Are you lying about this? I have no way of knowing.

I can't accept this. I'm sorry. It can't work.

Enjoy tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I feel so alone in the world, its like nobody cares about me. I know my mother prob does but she is just not able to show me or tell me she does. I really need her to do that right now as I feel so alone right now. Its like everyone elses life is moving on, I have tried so hard to make things work for me but it does not seem to be happening. I guess that is just life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

My boy,
    Thanks for message, cant complain cos if you'd not sent anything i'd be hurt but why u still staying away?!

D,

It stings that you dont seem to care.

Me,
    forget all nd enjoy this weeknd!
    Expecting to see him yesterday was silly. you're living in fantasy land!
    grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Dear D,

Please get your sh!t together. I thought a little more highly of you before now, so please don't disappoint me. I don't want to regret choosing you, or have to do this on my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Happy Birthday Nan, Love And Miss You Always xxxxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Happy Birthday Maggie May xxx

Bought your birthday lotto ticket....

The rest is up to you to call in a few favours up there ;)

Miss you loads xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GettingBetter

Dear A,

I don't know why all of a sudden you have decided to become like all those you hate so much. You are actually a crap friend and I'm glad I realized this before it was too late and I started to care too much.
    You really need to change your attitude and the way you treat people. Don't contact me only when your bored and there's no one else around. Stop sending me the exact same texts you send to everyone else.. Best friend my a$$..
    I've never been treated this badly by regular people, never mind a close friend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

hey, hi, **** you.

Dear everyone.

The reason I am single is because I've never met a guy who I've connected with. I wish you'd stop treating me like a freak because I haven't. You've all been so incredibly lucky, you really take it for granted.

For the first time in my life though as weird as it sounds I have this really strange feeling that I finally know exactly who I'm looking for, and any day now he'll somehow magically appear, and I'll just know him when I see him.

Yeah - maybe I'm dreaming, but hope is all I have.

Stop treating me like an outcast because you found 'The One' first. I am not a lesser person because I'm single.

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Emm511

Dear u

Today you called me and told me our relationship was over. You decided to end our 5 year relationship over the phone because it would be too hard to tell me face to face!!!!!!!!!!!
    You said you just didn't feel it you didn't love me enough it took you 5 fxxxxxg years to figure that out????

I want to run away I want to scream i want to punch you in the face, but I really want it not to be true

x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

So Ex Boyfriend,

You're back yet again looking for money and things from me. This is bordering on harrassment now. Go away. I will not discuss this with you again.

Dear S,

Can't believe the way you treated me. I was in a committed relationship with you. A few days before we were having sex, cuddling in bed all day. I don't easily have sex with people and I let you in physically, emotionally every way. Sometime woman can be vulnerable with sexual intimacy. Then its nothing, you just cut off contact and ignore me like I don't exist anymore. Reminds me of that song "Somebody I used to Know"

"But you didn't have to cut me off!
    Make it out like it never happened and that we were nothing
    I don't even need your love but you treat me like a stranger
    And that feels so rough"

Why do I even miss you? You were controlling and made me feel like I was crazy because I wanted to talk and communicate. As long as I was being the pefect girlfriend everything was ok but as soon as I needed something from you you shut me out. Thinking of yourself always and how you could best look after number 1. Never saw anything from my perspective. I always pity you in terms of how closed off and emotionally stunted you are - must make for a lonely existence.

I hope when this pain goes away I will realise I had a lucky escape and I deserve better!

Hopefully soon you will just be somebody that I used to know.

If only we could fast forward the heartache.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

hey,
    Look please just follow my lead, just dont discard the idea of it without giving it a chance, honestly, no one is going to get hurt, i promise, we both know that you are the one who is gonna call the shots, just please dont say no straight away.............its always been you.xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

So first day of break up and you still have not made up your mind. Do you want to try again with me or are you going to choose the ex that has screwed with our relationship from day one? She doesn't even want you.

But you know what? I finally got showered and dressed and went out. Went to the shop and I got a feast ice cream for free because it wouldn't scan (and the guy that served me found me cute, or so I like to think) so even if you choose her. I am very much going to be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dear C

Well it might be time to put your money where your mouth is, please dont let me down, you mean too much to me for that

See you Fri!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

Dear F

I am so bloody lucky to have real friends. You aren't one of them. I don't even feel the need to pretend that you are. See you.

N

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear Friends,

stop being díckheads!

that is all!

The last few months have been epic, the chats, the silliness at ungodly hours of the morning, the affection, the laughter, the tears, the sex!

I hope you manage to get rid of that ghost of girlfriend past and when you clear your head you'll still see me there in your life.

I think I've fallen in love with you...I don't think I want to hear you tell me you just want to be friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I feel forgettable, you forgot my birthday, two years in a row.
    Actually majority of people forgot it this year, except one.
    But how and ever, Im used to this feeling.

its been a hell of a week.

To my flatmate X and her creep of a boyfriend Y.

I know your prized possession weren't 'stolen'. You got some scumbag to drive a heavy object through the glass this week while i was in the house on my own. i was scared sh*tless. didnt know what was going on. Except your associate didnt drive a big enough hole through in order to convince us any 'robbery' had taken place. in fact his leg probably would struggle so pull the other one. your laptop was the only thing that went missing....funny that. Even the charger wasnt taken. Your fooling no one and havent a hope of claiming insurance...even in your name G.

later losers

To the first girl that melted my heart.

a few months ago i realised i was kidding myself and that i was still madly in love with you. you were on my mind 24/7 but living far away from me. i sent you a letter round christmas thanking you for the memories and apologising for the way i acted when we broke up. My emotions were all over the shop.
    i probably shouldnt have sent that letter, but i was an itch that needed to be scratched. all well and good and i was just starting to get my emotions back in order but then tonight out of the blue i get a text from you telling me that while your not happy i sent you that letter so close to xmas (understandable) you felt i was owed a reply. You let me know how you are and what your doing and that your living with a great guy you met around the time when we almost got back together and that you hope i have found someone...im really really delighted for you.
    A tinge of jealously exists but i have to move on. the times i held your hand walking down the street..... if i knew now what i knew then id never let you go. but hey the world is a big big place and i have a big enough heart to fit someone else in im sure.
    glad i met you and i love you always

xxx

D

Dear xx

the weekend wasnt just about you , i was there too.. i wanted other stuff but no. your way or no way,

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

how do I uninstall you from my thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Dear Chuckles,

Settle yourself. Everything will be fine. You don't need to worry so much, ok?

Love,
    Chuckles :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I explained from the start that I did not need any more crazy in my life. I'm about to bolt because of this and you only have yourself to blame, I've always been up front, you are the one you has been pushing it. I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

I'm sorry, i seem to be just messing up all over the place and I am just sick of having to feel and say sorry all the time. I'm getting myself in check and then you are really gonna have to talk to me, I'll put a pin in it for next week, everything else can't be more important than us, not everything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

Dear K

How dare you emotionally blackmail me on facebook, I'm not finding it easy either but it's not my fault you know. And you didn't help things with your borderline drink problem, even tho you seem to think it's no problem to go on benders where you drink all day, like time to grow up. Anyway I hope you're doing well, but after what you said to me yesterday i don't wanna contact you before you go on a wierdness and like try to guilt trip me. And do you know something else? I makes me glad of my decision to not wanna take things further. Cheers!

Anyways, I hope we can actually be friends, and not in that "I'm just saying that so it makes breaking up easier", we had good times together. As long as we can stay clothed when meeting up, there should be no problem.

Goddammit but it's hard tho. sigh.

Advertisement