Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dear chain that bf bought me for my birthday,

Show yourself! I've spent the last hour and a half searching my room for you! I really like you and I love the person that bought you so I would love it if you would turn up.. :rolleyes: :(

J xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dear College,

are you actually serious with the amount of fcuking work you're giving me??
    a thesis, 3 massive essays due in less than 3 weeks then 10 EXAMS??!!
    seriously??!!
    im going to go into hibernation until all this is over!!

good bye college!!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm sorry I ignored your phone calls sometimes. I didn't think there would ever be a day when you wouldn't call anymore. x

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear wrong number who kept harassing me all afternoon,

I am not the ignorant one. That would be you who wouldn't accept you had the wrong number. I do not have to tell you my full name, occupation and address to convince you of who I am and it is not IGNORANT for me to refuse that!! When I asked you to delete my number I was perfectly polite but you just had to be an asshole about it.

Fuck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dear woman who gave birth to me,

I refuse to call you mother, you have been hateful,
    I never expected anything from you now that I am in need of help but to stop someone else from helping me, thats beyond cruel,
    I cant understand someone watching their child suffer so much and get glee from it, its entertainment to you but its my life,
    I dont want anything from you, just let me be, leave me alone
    I will figure out a way, you wont win, I refuse to be beat by you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Dear family and family folk, I know it's hard for you to accept but I don't want to get married and settle down. sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear Nanny,
    Yet again I'm writing to you here and yet again I'm having a sleepless night with you on my mind.
    There are days when I miss you so much I find it hard to breathe. There are days I forget you're gone. I've drunk texted you on nights out to tell you that I love you. I write to you here and I talk to S about you.
    It's not the same. It doesn't help. And you're still gone.
    I'll see you Sunday,
    Love you always and always
    xxxxxxxxxx

You know who you are
    The information I shared in private should have been respected as such, to take it and use it as your own personal beating stick demonstrates the kind of people you really are.
    Enjoy your mediocre lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Dear....

I get it, no need to hide in your office all the time!! You're not interested any more, just bloody say it, and don't give mixed messages.....no need to be crappy in work, hello! we use to talk all the time and have such a laugh, now its gone down to nothing, I miss our chats :(... I'm still your friend at the end of the day, you can talk to me you know... Grow up and smell the coffee, you're not a child but a 30 year old man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You were one cruel bastard to do what you did. Many people in your position would speak and say something I don't see this going anywhere and I don't want to lead you on or perhaps they would back off and drop contact. But you, no, you had to dig your foot in and lie with empty promises getting my hopes up to expect things, just to turn around and not fulfill your promises and crushing me. And to lie further to have it playing of my mind. I turned crazy to you but it was a result from that so Fcuk you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Hello you,

He's not worth it...although I know you realised this 4 weeks ago

Travel, go crazy, Zumba, learn frigging Thai.... Just keep doing : D
    Life is there for LIVING, you've only got one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You're only 10. Happy birthday today btw. But last night when you told me i was like your mammy I felt a stabbing pain in my heart. I told you I was more like a big sis and that no one will ever replace your mam. I love you so much, smurf. I'm so very proud of you, we all are. You're the best kid in the world x x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I still can't believe you're gone. It's nearly 6 months already. It feels like only yesterday we were standing in that hospital room looking at you lying there still and lifeless. You looked small which is unreal because you were always a giant. When I think of sitting next to your coffin in the church it makes me cry the same way I did that day.

We have pictures of you everywhere but unlike some people, not the pictures that tell lies and make them feel better because they were never around when you were sick, pictures of you at every stage of your life, not just when you were young and healthy.

We still tell all the funny stories about you.

I miss you. I thought you'd always be here to guide us. I can't believe you'll never meet the grandchildren that would've spent as much time with you as possible.

You would've had a few cans of guiness tonight with us. We still have the ones we bought you for Christmas in the press.

Love you, miss you

To my boss...

- Being female
    - Not speaking Russian
    - Wanting to have some sort of life outside the workplace, and therefore not wanting to be there for up to 60 hours a week
    - Booking 8.30pm flights on a Friday night
    - Actually wanting to use any of the 30 days of annual leave I have this year

None of these things affect my ability to do my job and none of these things make me a bad person - so please stop trying to make me feel like one, and do not EVER bitch to the consultants about me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

PBM,

You know what I mean by those emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

It just hit me, the world is moving on while Im stuck in the past,
    I miss the old me, the new one is just a mess.
    It really hurts when I see how much less I meant to you, that I was just a dirty lil secret!
    Sometimes your words cut like a knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 katisha

I'm a person and I'm worth something. I'm a good person at that, I have bent over backwards not to be a pain but I didn't even get asked how I am, after all I've gone through to make life easier for everyone. Not trying to be the martyr but I deserve better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Here, you, look after him up there. You should know your way around by now, and he's a baby just like you. You two have the same music tastes and both are mad nerds - enjoy each others company, both of you are stars in the sky now.

I love you and miss you every single day. xxx

How do I fix this? It's not the relationship that's broken, it's me. How do I fix that? Well I know how to fix it, walk away. But how do I fix it without walking away? How do I fix myself?

You've ruined this, several times over you've ruined this. And each time I've let it go and forgiven you. But the problem with forgiving is, once you do that and move on you can't take it back. I've forgiven you, yes. But I can't forget. No matter how hard I try I can not forget all the horrible thing's you've done.

Now though, I have no one to blame but myself. I chose to stay, I chose to forgive you. There's nothing you can do or say to make me change how I feel about everything now. It's all on me. I can't keep bringing these things up with you every so often because I get so overwhelmed with it I feel like I might explode. I can't keep crying to you about how hurt I am or was. I can't keep looking to you to make me feel better. I have noone to talk to about it. Because I am too ashamed to tell people what's really going on. I'm too ashamed cause I know what they'll tell me. Exactly what I'd tell them if they came to me with the same thing. I'd tell them they were better than this, that they deserved better than this. That they were worth a lot more. And deserved a hell of a lot better. Why can't I take that advice? Why don't I listen to myself?

Because I love you. Because we have our life planned together. Because I'm scared.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and erase the past 6 months and start again. Everything was perfect before that. Better than ever. Everything was so certain and easy.
    That's all changed now and I don't know if it'll ever be the same again..

I'm such a mess. I can't believe I'm here. Little miss tough who would never let anyone treat them badly, who would walk away when thing's got bad. Who was so quick to judge others who stayed when things were so bad it was unbearable. I don't even know myself anymore and I'm so upset by that.

I know you've changed. I genuinely know that. I know you've learned your lesson and copped on. I know that. So why is it so difficult for me to move on and forget it? Because I'm terrified that we'll move on and then somewhere down the line when we're married with kids, you'll f*ck up again and I'll be screwed.

That. That is what terrifies me most. That I'll live to regret it and will have wasted my life.

Right now I'm pushing you away. You know it and I know it. And I genuinely don't want to but I can't help it.

This is all me now. I get that and I'm trying. I really am. But I'm terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Dear MB,

WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO FAIL???? Seriously what is your problem? I am struggling here and panicking and your meant to be helping me.. It's what you're getting paid for! :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

E,

I like you. I want to get to know you. Please ask me out.

J,

I like you too. I'm just afraid to ask in case you say no.

Dear ______

I know you are gay. I know you know that I know.

You made me feel so ashamed for feeling the way I did for you. It took me years to realise that I hadn't done anything wrong and that all you were worried about was people figuring out the truth about you. It was your shame I was feeling, not my own.

I adored you.I would have gone to hell and back for you. I came out because of you, because you told me it would be ok. Then you threw me to the lions. You messed with my head. You must have known what you were doing. I wish you could tell me why.

No-one ever hurt me as much as you. You may not have meant to, but nonetheless you did the damage. It took me many, many years to realise you were just a pathetic coward and never worth all the tears I cried all those years ago.

But I realise it now. I just wish I could tell you.

Dear A, J and A.

ye really are the best friends ever, i wasnt in good shape there but you tolerated me for wknd without giving out.
    if ye only knew how i'd been feeling on the way, you might not believe. Thanks for cheering me up so much and so glad we had a ball.

Dear M,
    Good craic! Thanks for help so far.

To Mn,

my boy! cant bloody WAIT to see you, can't believe its been this long, i am so so glad I didnt know it was gonna be that long. it didnt do me good all that time (really) but i suppose good in long run. Cheeeeeers! Its never been that long before! aww cant wait!!

C,
    Happy Birthday,
    Wish so much you were here still, we all miss you, even G went oh when we told him.
    Hurts thinking about it. I know you're here watching but still. too soon.
    Look after everyone please.
    xx

To ye all away,

I know it has to happen sometime but it has hurt me and i never realised how much.
    xxxxx

Dear KK
    Welllllllll,
    time definitely heals all (or most)
    still think about you, would love to see you once its not awkward.
    you're cracked and i'm cracked :D
    All good., be good.
    x

• You started the screaming match, don't you dare tell me ''it was my tone'' that made you explode like a volcano. It takes very little to set you off. I merely asked what you wanted the kettle for so that, unlike you, when roles are reversed, I could try and let you use it if you weren't going to be long. There was nothing wrong with my tone. I was being nice, you ignore us if we ask you the same/similar questions when you're in the kitchen.
    • You were the one who walked off screaming and shouting and sitting in the next room still bitching about me just because I had the audacity to get to the kitchen before you, for once.
    • You ignored me when I went into the sitting room and told you I was finished.
    • You were the one who starting screaming when I tried to calmly explain that I was only asking you what you wanted the kettle for so I could let you use it if you weren't going to be long.
    • It was your reaction to that that set me off, you were still the one screaming, I may have started raising my voice but you were the one who was doing the shouting.
    • You can't deal with the home truths. There's 4 adults living here, you're meant to be one of them. Life, the recession etc sucks for all of us, not just you yet the only one who we have to walk on eggshells around is you. You're the one who blows their top, not me.
    • It is NOT ok to attack me, it is NOT ok to put your hand to my throat because I merely tried to explain something to you. I actually considered calling the police on my own brother this time. It's been ages since something like that has happened but it is NOT ok to get violent with me, I could see it coming and I should have backed off but some things just need to be said. You can not treat people the way you do. There are no excuses for it even if ''sure he's not as bad as he used to be'' - just 'cos I'm the only one who won't sit there and take it doesn't make it ok to get violent with me. You don't get violent with your family.

I know life sucks. I know it's crap to be stuck in a ****ty dead end job with no prospects. I know there's little point looking for a new job because employers don't even respond to you. You're not the only one going through this, we ALL are. We all feel crap, we all feel miserable, we all feel hopeless about it at times.

Attack me again and I call the police. Might teach you a lesson. I don't care if you're my brother, I don't take sh*t from anyone I won't take it from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

I could have written this. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

James moved your car today and parked it in your usual spot, over beside the trees. The sun was streaming in the windows and you could've been there, windows rolled down, listening to the radio, dozing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Dear boyfriend's little sister,

As I type this, you are sending your father to go fetch a certain hoodie for you. You are 15 years old. Why the hell can't you go and get it yourself? Earlier, you had your mother bring your lunch to you in the sitting room, like you're some sort of princess.

I can't comprehend how your brother turned out so normal and you.. You are just something else. I've never seen anything like it. If you acted the way you do in my house, around my mother, she would have crucified you a long time ago.

My little sister is nearly the exact same age as you, and yet she is genuinely a million times more mature. I have a lot more appreciation for my little sister since I met you, so I guess I should thank you for that.

But please, cop on and grow up. Eventually people are going to start calling you out on your ridiculous behavior, and because you'll never have heard it before it will come as some kick in the arse.

Work experience next year is also gonna come as some shock to the system, seeing as you are currently incapable of getting yourself a glass of milk from the kitchen.

If myself and your brother ever move in together, and you come to visit us, you aint gonna get away with a single thing you get away with here. You can run home to daddy all you like, I will not give one toss and neither will your brother.

You'd be grand if you just copped on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

You may have just got engaged & you may be playing happy families but I'll never forget what you did all those years ago. I could open my mouth & you'd lose everything but I don't want it all dragged up and that's the only reason I've told noone for my sake not yours. Just count yourself lucky Cuz.

• Advertisement

O*** (you're not dear to me)

I'm so glad, so relieved that I will never have to be part of your life again. All the things you're doing don't hurt because the feeling of knowing that you are out of my life for good is so overwhelming I can't feel anything else but joy.

A

Advertisement