Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Firstly, Dear Ickle Magoo
    I'm sorry for my previous post, I was in a pretty bad place...and I just need to vent; but I completely understand the position it put you in and to be honest I'm glad you didn't post it - thank you x

Dear X
    I mentioned you in my psych session last week, and he pointed out I used the past tense for the first time. I assured him for the millionth time that it's because I'm done with you; but I can see he still thinks I'll go back. I won't. I see it all now. I see all the crap you projected on to me; your inability to deal with any kind of emotion; and your immense immaturity despite the age gap. You tried to make out it was my fault, my problem, but it wasn't. You were the constant in all of this, the one who consistently hurt me and let me down; the one who consistently made all of those empty promises just to keep me hanging on - knowing you could reel me back in with a few nice words whenever you wanted. It says a lot about you and us when I was happy even to get a reply from you. That should be normal! Can't you see that?! But with you - the normal things other people take for granted never happened, and I was made to be thankful when they did! As if you were doing something extraordinary by just giving me a phonecall!! Stressed about my finals? Oh god, how selfish of me to be stressed about the one thing I worked towards all my life. Stressed about a new job? How dare I be so self absorbed by worrying when I had nowhere to live and no money in my bank account. Barely feeling like I could exist anymore because of what happened to me that night? How dare I let it affect me so much, how dare I expect you to understand and care about me enough to listen, how dare I wish beyond wishing that you'd be there for me, hug me, and tell me it would be ok. Instead of ignoring me and telling me you had your own problems. Didn't you see? Didn't you see I could have loved you? You didn't...and now you've accomplished the opposite, oh yes - that feeling turned pretty quickly once I discovered you were half the person I thought you were. What we had was never 'chemistry', it was my own fcuked up mental health thinking I didn't deserve any better. Well you know what? I do. And someday I'm going to truly believe that, and despite what's happened, someday someone is going understand, and care, and love me just as much as I love them.

You spun it all back on me so many times, but I'll tell you this...you won't do it again.

Dear You,

I still really, really like you. I hope you're still interested. I want us to have a chance because I think it'd be a bit great.

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Dear Neck and Left Shoulder,

What in the name of Zeus do you think you're doing?

Sincerely....

Dear N1 and N2,

You are both severely brilliant. :D

Dear Self,

It appears this sleeping a normal amount thing suits you. Keep it up, if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Dear ___

Happy Valentines I love you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boxie

hey, its you, its been you for a very long time and it will be you for a very long time. thanks for being better to me today than i was to you the other night.......oh god, now i just love you more.xx

• Advertisement

today was sooooo hard. you didnt treat me properly ever and god damn it I really miss you. I miss our chats, funny jokes, and conversations that I could never have with anyone else. what you said was awful, what you did and how you acted was so unfair. I had my bad moments too, but you know why that was. I really wish you would pick up the phone and text or call me. Just say hello and take back what you said. I really miss you. There is nothing I would change about you, except how you treated me. Please please get in touch, and sort this. Its time to forgive. Damn it, I still love you, but right now just to sort things is what I want. Miss you.

Dear C,

considering i dont know u that well, you really hurt me the other night with your comments. i thought i was being over sensitive until someone else menitoned how bad it was.
    I know its cos u drunk but i was still annoyed yesterday that i went and had a drink, i don't do that. that's how much u hurt me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Boe,

This day 5 years ago I was talking to a friend about my amazing best friend.
    The guy who always did whats right, who knows everything about me, who's so funny and kind and just amazing.
    She turned to me and said "you know you're in love with him right?"
    And I was.

The next day we met up for a firefly marathon, you brought me a lightsaber cause I was down and you thought I'd like it more than flowers. Then we kissed for the first time.

I love you for always.You're my soul mate.
    Looking forward to celebrating 5 years with you tomorrow
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

Miss you so so so so much. I knew it would be hard but I never imagined it would be this bad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dear you

Please just go away and leave me alone, I have no more to give you.

All you do is take from me and make sure your needs are met, I am drained, its hard at the best of times, but now when my life is in a mess and you dont seem able to just back off a bit its getting too much

I love you and care about you so much but you are so selfish, i dont expect you to support me, just please back off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Dude,
    I love you with all my heart. You're not only my big brother, you're my buddy, and I know should I ever need you, you'll always have my back.

But I can't take you anymore. I know you love me too, but you treat me like crap. How come you don't treat our other sister or brother in the same manner that you treat me?

You're an idiot. Ever since I turned 18, Ive been bailing you out, helping you, yelling at people who say (true) mean thigs about you. I have to defend you everywhere I turn, and Im tired of it. I'm tired making enemies with people I don't associate with - merely tolerate in passing - because you choose to lay down with them, and proceed to shi-t all over them. You remember Karen? All of the month of May I had her text me telling me everything bad about you, and there she was defending and standing up for her sister and I couldn't even defend you because you were being so dispicable. Do you have any idea how that made me feel? Argeeing with a slut who crushed a pint glass in your face, that YOU were the scumbag? Cmon.

Ever since that night the gardai rang for me to come pick you up at 5am, I swore to you never ever would I bail you out again. I still remember that night -- I was 18, you were 23. I sat up waiting for you to come home because you were in such a bad place and your friends frightened me. I called you at 1, to see when you would be home and you told me you couldn't come home because your wheel was flat and you were staying with a friend. Imagine the fright I got when I was woken up by the guards, asking me to come in and get you because you were in no fit state to get home of your own accord.

I know how bad you were hurting - because I was hurting too. Just as much as you were, but I didn't have time to be sad, or even try and deal with it because I was too busy trying to take care of you. But you never cared.

While you calmed down slightly - I moved away from home, and I dealt with my sadness and anger the exact same way as you except I didn't take it out on other people, I just hurt myself - in secret. You still don't know that, and I doubt you'd even care. Thankfully Im not in a bad place anymore, Ive got everything to live for but you're frightening me, You drive me mental and Id happily kill you with my bare hands, but I love you - and I know you're not a bad person.

I know your friends think you're "some man" and "gas man" and "funny fuc-ker" but cop on. Wake up. You're ruining your life for their entertainment.

I really hope you turn your life around, you're amazing at what you do, and i've seen the doodles that you've done on my refill pad ha, I for one think it'd be amazing if you followed it through, but I promise you, you're not going to follow it through acting how you're acting now.

I know Im to blame for you taking advantage of me. I know I need to stop enabling you, stop helping you, stop answering calls at ridiculous hours, I know all this. And I say I'm not going to do it. But we both know Im not strong enough, we both know Ill continue to do it. You called me before Christmas, waking me up at 4:30, asking me to come pick you up because you're drunk, not caring I worked so far away from home, not caring I was only in bed about4 hours and had to be up in 1 hour. I got up,to go get you, and when I called you back 15 minutes later to see where I was To go to get you, you laughed and told me you were staying out after all.

You come to my house - in the dark - to have me help you wash your car because you're going to a car cruise.
    You ring me to come bring you some sandwiches into hospital even though you're meant to be fasting.
    You come take my car without my permission and drive your scummy friends around in it, using my petrol and completely disgarding the no smoking rule in it. You seem incapable of comphrehending that much like the petrol/diesel you put in your car, mine costs the same and I need my car. I don't put petrol in my car so as you can lap around the town in a BMW for free. You drive it until it's on the red and you'd never even offer to put ten euro in it.
    Calling me and waking me has got to stop. I have my own family to take care of now. You're 28 years of age. You need to start taking some responsibility for yourself because you're tearing me up I genuinely can't deal with much more of you.

Love you always,
    Squirt.

Dear P,

I know that it was just casual, that was all I wanted and you seemed the perfect type. I wasn't even fussed about you at the start it was really my friends saying how hot you were that made me think, ok.

After few very enjoyable times in your company, instigated by you, everything I think back to I never missed a sign! You always seemed alot more interested then I was and although it's laughable now I actually thought of ways I would cool things off before it got too serious.

Then nothing? That was all it took, I've tried to convince myself since Christmas that I really wasn't bothered but just confused. That I didn't care if we saw eachother again but that I wanted to know the reason because I was completely baffled as was everyone around me. You even introduced me to your friends and nearly your mother only I got out of it as I felt it was too soon!

So I've finally admitted to myself I'd started to fall for you, was it that you sensed it and ran a mile? Jeez I really wish I had never gone there now. I'll see you at a social function next month and although I'll put on a smile and ask how you are I am going to be dying on the inside wondering what went wrong, if I did something.

How have I always been the dejected even slightly emotionless one and now with you that I barely know/knew I have literally turned into the girl I swore I'd never be.

Dear you,

I think you need help, professional help. I told you to stop.

This is not a game.

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Dear housemate,

Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, keep it down. Even a tiny bit. I know it's your birthday and you're more than entitled to have people over, which is why I'm not going to say anything to you. But this the one night I'm actually getting around to starting one of my many assignments, and even with earplugs I can hear your screaming. My concentration is shaky enough without this too.

We've had words about this, so I hope tonight is a once off. Happy birthday and all, but please go into town soon!

Also, please PLEASE stop laughing like a demented hyena on drugs. It's not one bit endearing and I can't imagine that yer fella with the red hair finds it so either.

From,

Your housemate who never has friends over because your friends have taken up residence in the kitchen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dear caffeine,

You and I have been together for a long time, but it's not going to work out between us anymore. You just hurt me too much :( Much as I still love you, I have to put my health first, and find a beverage that doesn't try to kill me. I hope you understand.

That doesn't mean we can't have an early morning get together every once in a while ;)

Me

Dear water,

Take me back? I need you back in my life, and you're nothing but good to me and my body. I promise to make more time for you from now on :D

Lots of love,
    Me x x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear M,

About Saturday night....totally unexpected but ridiculously hot! ;)

Hey all (and what follows is not in any way meant as condescending), I just wanted to say a big thanks to Millicent for her posts on Boards especially the one where she was, in my opinion, very brave and honest to tell her story! To all the wonderful women sticking to their principles and defending the right to still believe in femininism (Bluewolf, Ickle Bannsidhe etc etc) I just want to say another big thank you. As a male that is proud to be a feminist, Boards has shown me that misogyny is, unfortunately, alive and kicking. To another brave and inspirational woman: Links, all the best on your journey and keep on posting!! (It's odd I feel like I know you all, even though I obviously don't).

Dear you,

We've had words already about how you treat me. You know I haven't been happy for a long time. You know that you are at least partially to blame for all this. When I'm crying to you over the phone, you don't say a thing to me at all. The other night when I was explaining how much I hate myself, you didn't offer one word of support. Only that you're sorry. YOU'RE sorry. And yes, you should be sorry, because you make me feel like **** these days, but I don't give one flying f**k that YOU'RE sorry. You could tell me that I'm amazing, beautiful, lovely, anything that you used to tell me but you don't any more. So when I said this to you at the weekend you said you'd change, that you'd make the effort to show me that you care. I've heard it all before, and I didn't believe you, and I was right to. Last night when you called me, I knew I'd had enough. Yet again you went back on something you'd said you'd do by not coming home. Yet again you pulled the crying, I'm sorry act. I'm not falling for it any more. You asked me that since you'd been so worried that you wouldn't get home, does that not show me that you care for me. And frankly, no, it doesn't. Not one bit. If you'd cared for me, you'd have at least text me to tell me you were late rather than leaving me to worry sick that something had happened to you. No credit, you say? If you cared, you'd buy credit to text me instead of buying pints. But if you really cared, you would have been home on time, like you said you'd be. I've had enough. If you do anything like this again, it is over. And I mean it.

Your incredibly pissed off girlfriend (soon to be ex if you're not careful)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Dear me!
    Cop the hell on, get your head out of this humour and smile!
    it will pass! its happened before!!
    dont go down That road again! doesnt do ya any good! just wastes time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dear Princess Peach

You have gotten 2 assignments back now, both Bs. B for Boards. Not good enough! Study more you dosser. This is not undergrad anymore!

Love, your fine self. xxx

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't care about any of that. Leave me alone. Like, properly. You've made your bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Dear A,
    Sorry i didnt make a move when i had the chance, make a human connection with you. don't know if you were even interested. You might have laughed at me. We are both a bit odd so it wouldnt have worked anyway but you'd be lovely to hug. sorry i didnt just go for it. I had a dream last night about hugging you. I need to move on.

Dear Me,
    Stop being so cautious, stop hiding. you've wasted enough time. Get out there and live a little. You wont find a fella at home reading..

Dear AM,
    sorry for not being a better friend. you've had ups and downs and said nothing. I didnt ask you how you were. I assumed you were coping- you keep smiling no matter what -but you must have been upset. i'll try to be a better friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

How can you tell me that you love me, I mean the world to you and that I'm perfect and in the same breath tell me that you want to be on your own?

How can you tell me you think we'll move in together soon and be married in a couple of years and in the same breath tell me you don't know what you want for us?

How can you tell me I'm too good for you and in the same breath tell me you don't want a girlfriend?

How can you tell me you want to be with me but that I'd be better off without you?

Babe, I know you have dark days! I know you don't like yourself somedays never mind trying to like me! I know that you want to be on your own at times! I know you like your own company! I know you like mine too though! You say you "regret" ringing me sometimes when you're having your dark days, but don't you get it? There's a reason you do pick up the phone to me! Also I understand, I know what you're going through! I can help, I promise I can, just let me in and stop pushing me away! I told you if you want a few days every so often to yourself just tell me, I'll be waiting at the other side...I promise! Because I can promise you right now, I'll wait for you forever! I love you! But you have to make a decision because I cannot deal with this any longer - it's time to decide are we done forever or are we taking this to the next level! Your decision babe, you know what I want! I'll talk to you in a few days when you've decided!! Love you pet xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Dear Grandad
    There's a lot I would love to say to you but you're a man of a generation that doesn't really 'do' feelings.
    You know I love you, that's one thing I don't get to say very often but I know you know and that's good enough.
    I love you as a grandad but you're more than that - you're my friend. Maybe moreso now than when Nan was alive because she was my friend too.
    I love our coffees on my lunch on Saturdays when I'm in work and you're 'doing your bits' on town. I love hanging out with you. I love your laugh, more a guffaw really that startles passing strangers!
    I hate that you're dying and I hate that Nan is dead.
    Yous were perfect for each other and the best set of grandparents anyone could ever wish for. I really wish things were different and things hadn't turned out the way they have but I guess that's the hand we got dealt.
    I'll walk to your house tomorrow to see you and I won't say any of this. We'll talk about the weather and chemo and church like always. But I'll love it and I'll treasure every single second I'm honoured to have left with you.
    Love you forever
    xxxxxxxxx

I really, really didn't want to end this on bad terms. But I came to a realisation last week that made me realise there was no point stringing you along any more: even if you'd given me everything I wanted, I'd still have had to turn you down. This is all tainted now.

We're months if not years away from having any kind of healthy relationship. As far as I'm concerned there's no commitment between us, and I'm looking elsewhere for that. You can do whatever you want. I'm not bitter about you being with him, but I feel sorry for you both. I found your attempt to make me jealous of him kind of funny, all things considered.

If we ever happen again, it'll be from a totally different starting point and will be all the better for that, I think. We'll very probably never happen, though, and we both need to accept that now.

I'm going to try not to be so passive aggressive towards you in future, and I'm going to try and respect your boundaries. I'd appreciate the same in return... and I'd reiterate that you really should talk to someone, if you're as unhappy as you say you are.

I'm talking to someone, and they said our relationship was one of "morbid obsession". And they were right, you know. I wish there was a patch and a gum to help me give up you.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dear you,

Give it a break, you like to think you are such a good friend, I have heard back from others what you have been saying, and it doesnt actually hurt me, its made me angry, you are so two faced but luckily I am content knowing the lie of the land with you so it doesnt hurt me, but you are putting others in a horrible situation, grow the f*ck up,

Me

Dear D,

Why am i surprised? seriously, its not the first time but still i came home assuming and no! that stung!! do u not care? a text is one thing! i'm hurt!

M,

Very caring message! thanks!?!
    what ever is what i'm saying to u!

C

No!

Mick,
    I give up with the idea, calm down!

Dear boy

I really like you, when you walk into the room I can't take my eyes off you. I just want to be around you all the time. Your laugh makes me melt, it's just so warm and genuine. Whenever you smile, it instantly makes me smile, even when I'm having a crap day. Of course you don't know any of this, it's always them you talk to, laugh at, smile at, all those other girls, they're like putty in your hands, and why wouldn't they be.

Me? I can't talk to you like they do. I'm not like them, not one of those girls. no.
    Me? I'm the painfully shy girl in the corner, wishing it was me you were smiling at.

I did try, at the start, but only because the idea that you could ever even consider someone like me was so absurd that I saw you only as a friend. But then, well, it almost seemed like you liked me, like there was something between us. And that scared me. So I messed it up, and it all went weird, and awkward and I just, I just couldn't talk to you anymore, good old low self esteem kicked in.

I'm so awkward. If you only knew how awkward and I say stupid things. I'm not pretty enough for you, you're so beautiful, really, just... wow, I've never been so attracted to someone. If you knew the truth, if you knew how broken I was, you'd run a mile.

So I got scared, and I do what I always do when a guy shows interest, I get self concious and shy, and it comes across as coldness. And I sabotage it. I'm sure at this stage I do it on purpose, it's easier to run away than to try and end up being humiliated. You could never really like someone like me, I'm not pretty, or funny, or the life and soul of the party. I'm the weird shy girl people hate trying to talk to.

But just so you know, should by some miracle you ever read this, I do like you, so much. I'm not avoiding you because I dislike, It's because I'm terrified.

Whatever girl you end up will be the luckiest girl on the planet, but it won't be me. People like you never end up with people like me.

From
    A shy girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

New guy,

I had put you completely out of my head. So if you're going to insist on texting, you better at least fucking ask me out again or else kindly don't bother!

Kind regards,

Beks

• Advertisement

Dear Beks new guy, get your sh1t together and ask her out !
    If she were on this side of the Atlantic I would, and you wouldn't stand a chance.

;-)

Advertisement