Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

lost........

I haven't approved your post because you are asking for advice and from the serious nature of your post, I think you need to contact your GP/get professional help asap.

If you need to speak to someone in the meantime, there are a list of useful contact numbers HERE.

All the very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I love you but I wish it wasn't so complicated. I need to get this bad feeling out of my head. I think you have some things in your head to go through. Sometimes I think we are not entirely right for each other and I'm not sure if it will work. I can see it in you. This has been quite rocky.

I hope this goes away and we can have a really good relationship...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

So, I've only known you a few days, but we've clicked. I've started to really like you. Your like my perfect guy, a nerd, sweet, gentle, won't judge me, fantastic music taste, and we just click. It's only been a few days, but it feels like we have something. Maybe I'm going crazy. Maybe I'm not. I don't know.

But the one thing I do know is, I'm petrified. Petrified that if I fall for you, I'm gonna end up hurt and in that bad place again. I can't end up back in that place, I can't end up sick again. I'm getting stressed even at the thought of getting sick again. A few months ago, I got hurt so badly, my world fell apart. It fell into a billion pieces, that are still healing.

I dunno if I'm ready yet to fall for anyone. I'm just so scared. I wish I could tell you this, but it's too soon to tell you. My gut tells me I need more time, my heart says go for it. I dunno what to do.

A
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Dear boyfriend,

You know absolutely well that lying about the fact that your ex texted you is a million times worse than telling me. Telling me will not piss me off, pretending it was a text from 02 will.
    Proceeding to then reply to this girl, and thus encourage these unwanted (or I can only assume they are unwanted) texts, will do no good either. I am glad you saw my logic.

I'm glad we've sorted this little tiffle out, but please don't do it again. We have such an amazing thing going here, and have done for the past 2 years. I don't want to start not trusting you, because I trust you with my life.

Dear boyfriend's ex,

Stop texting MY boyfriend! You had your chance, he dumped you and now he is with me. You know well we've been together for a long time. There are plenty of fish in the sea, stop thinking my "fish" will go back to you at a click of your fingers.

Dear M and family,

I am so so sorry for your loss,
    I've no idea what to say apart from that, it seems inadequate to say just sorry.
    Just know she is now an angel in the sky, looking down upon you all!!
    This is going to be hard on you all, but you're a big family and you have the whole town looking out for you all. Every single person in town is thinking about you. Hope this brings some comfort.

#forTina

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear you,

spending time with you makes me feel infinite. You mean so much to me. I really hope I never lose you.

Lots of love,

K. x

You drove up outside the house, in a beat up old stlye VW golf - white. You got out of the car, young and youthful, in your 20's, just as you looked when you were in college. Why was I afraid? Why would I not meet you at the door? Everyone was so happy to see you, sitting down to dinner. You were in your chair. Your own chair. Dad was happy, Mum was fussing. Smilling siblings.

I ran to the living room. I was frightened. You came after me, sat beside me on the couch. You told me not to be sad. Asked why I was frightened? I said "you are not supposed to be here, you are dead". You just looked at me and smiled - "my dear sister. I love you and wanted to see you". You looked nothing like the last time I saw you. You were full of life, energy, a full head of hair! "This is not real, you don't look like you did". "Why would I want you to remember me like that? I looked awful, cold. Remember me like this, your good looking older brother."

You smilled. I was happy. I wanted to stay but I couldn't. "Will you come back to me again" I said, holding back the tears. "I will come back to you", was your reply. Eyes shining, happy and calm.

And then I woke up. I miss you, my brother and thank you for the dream. It was a beautiful gift x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Dear Ex,

You're the only person who knows how to hurt me so badly that I can't breathe.

Once was bad enough, why do you have to keep doing it over and over again? If you don't want me then fcuk off and leave me alone. You complete me and destroy me at the same time.

I want all of you or I don't want you at all. Make up your fcuking mind.

You can't have your cake and eat it too with me. I'm not emotionally stable enough and I just can't share you, you know I can't and I think I deserve that, I deserve to be treated well by you, not as the old reliable.

You have one more chance with me. Be with me or don't have anything to do with me. There's no "I don't know" or "I'm not sure, what do you want?". It's A or B.

We are strong enough to try again, the love is strong enough and I am strong enough to try again. I'm also strong enough to walk away.

"Don't make me sad, don't make me cry. Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough, I don't know why."

I love you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Dear J,

My head is so messed up. I like you A LOT. Why invite me for coffee when you've already told me you're seeing someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

it's one of those days when reality calls home.
    I am sad you don't get me..

fck off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Dear boy,

I hate the way I act with you. I feel like an insecure, petty, jealous, clingy loser. You make me lose all control over my emotions and you bring out all that is bad in me. Why am I still convincing myself that this can work when deep down I don't even trust that you really love me.

You!

You've put on over half a stone in the last two weeks, you've been stuffing your face without even tasting what you're eating. You get so uncomfortably full you just lie there.

Why exactly are you doing this? You put so much effort into your appearance and controlling your weight, and now you're throwing all the hours of gym away...

Is it guilt? He has forgiven you for what you did. Sure it was wrong, but he's messed up too. It's no reason to destroy yourself over. You already know you've avoided being intimate with him, due to this weight gain. You know now is the worst time to push him away. Please sort it out.

Please stop binging. Change your lifestyle. You isolate yourself when you feel self conscious and people need you right now. It's a vicious cycle. You need to know you're better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Dear You,

I miss you so much sometimes that I cannot think or focus on anything at all. Everyone wants me to be over it but I guess I just dont get over things that easy. I wish you would talk to me, even just to say hi. Feels like I've failed again. Wish I could move on but I cant..

Why does this not bother you?

B x

I agree with you, about us both being in the wrong. It doesn't change anything, though.

How can I forgive behaviour that hasn't even stopped? I'm not demanding grovelling apologies, but I thought an end to your games was the least I deserved.

Just leave me alone now. It's far too easy for you to lie to me when we're carrying on like this. I don't know what to believe any more. I don't want to be this paranoid, obsessive person any more.

I don't know where you're picking up "signals" or whatever from, but you're making a mistake. Whatever it is, it's just a coincidence. If you see anything in the future, it's just a coincidence. I don't want this any more.

I've put blocks on our usual "haunts" and unsubscribed from our mutual Facebook friends. With a bit of willpower I'm going to leave this (and by extension you, it appears) behind. I'm sorry (seriously, you have no idea how sorry I am) but this doesn't look in any way worthwhile any more.

You can reply to this if you want, but I'm not going to see it.

I am really sorry. I just need to get my life back. I wish you nothing but good things.

Bye. x

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I worry about you, often. I want you to be doing well, but it seems you are not. I want you to let go, which is ironic when I do not. I care about you, which is one-sided I know, but is still true. I like your music. You have introduced me to new aspects of beauty. Go to sleep. Let all this troubled stuff go. Cry if you need to and wake up ready to transform the world. That is more satisfying, I am sure. And where your edge is.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Dear Life,

F*ck you

From

Even More Lost Than I already was Girly!

PS. What the hell do I do now???

Post deleted.

Please note as per the forum charter:

There is an expected standard of effort when posting in this forum.
    Lazy generalizations fall below this standard.
    Comments regarding personality traits which begin with words like "women just want to" or "all men are" are never true, and never serve any purpose except to inflame other users who feel the need to post to object to them them.

Therefore, they will be regarded as flaming (posting a intentionally provocative post with the deliberate intention of bringing the thread off-topic) and users may be banned or infracted at the mods discretion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Post deleted.

Please note as per the forum charter:

Are you actually serious?

is this thread not things you want to say to someone?

why not edit it out then? rather than delete post?

Posts still have to respect site and forum rules to remain (which includes contacting mods re decisions you aren't happy with via PM rather than arguing on-thread).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Dear Mr,
    in one way, you've upset me not replying but guess what, i think i'm actually getting over you, hopefully i ain't speaking too soon, but soon days there i barely thought of ya, and haven't really been any busier than usual. I'm delighted,.
    I won't lie, if you rung/text me now, i'd answer no prob, But i'm not expecting that so is ok.
    I dont regret meeting you at all, i'm so glad we did, yes my very very first reaction was uh not another one (u are tad older than me) but charmer that u are, got me interested.
    I liked your confidence, no messing about with you, it was Hi, i wanna see you again.
    Yes, i got insecure stupidly, especially when no need , Especially when i look at our last time together, i'm such a eejit. i should have just accepted that you liked me and got on with it, the girls in college were spot on when they slagged me for not being able to just go "thanks" when they complimented something of mine. my bad!
    But i made a mistake, and i'll learn from it and kick myself from it.
    I think i just may have loved you, maybe just extreme lust as it wasnt that long but still i was seriously falling for you, and thats where something in my head obviously just went NOOOOO, cant be doing that now.
    I can honestly find good things from this, I do miss you. Found a song today Colbie caillat- that reflected my feelings 2 weeks ago but think theyre going so its all good!
    Won't forget us. we did have fun.
    Hope you keep up your passion! and do well!
    I know we will bump into each other at some stage or another whether its in couple weeks, months/ years, we will! Well i hope! and i wont avoid you. i'm past that stage.
    Anyway, was good! Be good!
    your gael go-er ! Allybear! xx :cool:

Dear C,

Keep your sister well and safe please, you know how tough she's had it, we all got it, but especially and it just wouldnt be fair for that to happen. and sometimes i think , shur no way it could, the powers that be wouldnt let it but you left us so nothing would surprise me.
    So keep her and the kids well! We love them too much.
    and look after the rest of the gang too.
    I know those other 2 prob wont speak but if you could help that along, it'd be good, before its too late. .
    Your liccle cousin. xx

Nana,
    I miss you
    xx

My boyo,

I've been a pain in the butt all week i know. i've no excuse for it except your the one i think off to tell these things to.
    I love you is no excuse for it i know but still .
    Keep well daaaaarling ;) I almost always am a little bit happier after speaking to you and seeing you.
    Allybear.

D,

You're ignorant!
    When i think how mad i was about you, i wonder was i actually crazy, you're a twat. the others i can still see, hmm yeh cos theyre decent but you. i dunno. I spent many many hours thinking/crying over you.
    "D x"

Dk,
    haha! found an email the other day about u!
    i got embarrassed reading it. i'm sure you're a sweetheart really.

T (and C)
    you guys i love so much,
    yes you know a certain amount, but how? how are you always there for me when i need you without you even knowing i need someone.
    so many occasions i cant even go thru all, yes we've had our bad days/texts but theyre tiny in comparison.

little C, if you grow up to be as good as your mum , some people are gonna be so so lucky to have you their life.
    If i even have kids, when theyre old enough, I'd love if theyre friends with you.
    both of you ! love and hugs always!
    xxxxxxxxx

Dear me,

Stop letting people walk over you.
    Dont blame anyone but yourself for not getting up before 11am, not their responibility.
    high 5 on getting over him! woopiii!
    now!!!
    Get off boards now and get on with your work, plenty to be doing.
    me.
    :D

• Advertisement

Dear X,
    I miss you.
    I feel a connection with you that I cannot describe in words. It is a beautiful feeling and I wish you could feel the same, but you dont. I know I have to move on and in time the feeling will fade away. This makes me sad. The feeling is the last piece of connection to you. I have to get rid of things that remind me of you. Little presents. Of no real value, but they were from you. They meant something to you at some stage, but not anymore.

I could be bitter, but I am not. I am just sad. I hope you find the love of your life. I have to get rid of my love for you now.

Dear you, I cant stop thinking about you despite everything you said and did to me. Despite how all my friends and family say thank god you are far away as possible and no longer in my life.

I cant believe you are the only guy Ive ever fallen in love with despite how terrible you were, considering all the nice guys I know. I cant believe you said those things to me, and did those things. I keep turning those words over in my head, trying to make some sense of them but there isnt any other meaning other than the truth and the truth hurts. I still dream about you, and sometimes imagine you ringing or texting me with apologies and wanting to make things work. Sometimes its even as simple as saying, you didnt mean those horrid things, but I wake up then and realise its never going to happen.

I wish it would, I know you cant change someone but despite your flaws, you have so much good in you too, great qualities and a lovely smile, that I really took to pretty soon after we met. talking to you felt so right, hearing you laugh, and your brilliant mind and how passionate you were about what you loved and were interested in. Pity one of your best qualities wasnt treating me right. I can only imagine what you've said to your friends about me. You tend to gossip and our last talk wasnt exactly pleasant.

I want to say that I'll get over you, that I'll be ok. Hopefully I will be ok, I have to be, I have to. But I probably wont ever fully get over you. I dont believe you get over the one. Even if they were worst one ever, you can tell your head to cop on, but the heart is a different story and for that I wish I hadnt met you. Why I didnt chose to stay home that day. Most of all I wish you had done the right thing and had been honest with me. The most damaging aspect of all was your deceit and how you used me. Emotionally you have drained me, and I resent you for that, I resent how I feel now, I should hate you, should never want to see you again and yet if you contacted me, I would run to you. Thats why I have deleted every way to contact you. Because if I cant stop myself from answering your calls should they ever come, I can at least protect myself from trying to call you. Most of all Im upset how I acted when we stopped talking for good. How I appeared desperate and devastated to lose you. If I had my time over, goodbye should have been a one worded text and a sigh of relief. But Ive never been that strong when it comes to you. Hopefully I will look back on this in years time and smile knowing I am really happy. Thats all I want now. To be happy again. Whether you are or not, does not concern me now. you've done enough damage.

Dear Mum and Dad,

I want to say to you both that I am your child, not your parent. I've just begun to realise, through the help of a therapist, that I've desperately put your needs first all of my life and not the other way around. Since I can remember, I have been used as both a scapegoat and an emotional punchbag for both of you and it really isn't fair. No child should have to grow up to be the peacemaker in the family. I didn't have a clue as to what was going on in your relationship, I still don't have a clue and I now get it that neither of you have a clue either.

Dad- it was so unfair of you to make all those promises that you couldn't/wouldn't keep. I spent so many hours, sitting home alone and waiting for you to come over and spend some time with me. I could see through your excuses when you called to cancel but I never showed you how upset and let down I felt. I couldn't get angry with you either for fear that I'd push you away completely and then you'd really be gone. I can still hear you say to me, over the phone, that you wouldn't come over that day because it "wasn't worth the while". I remember when I was older, you telling me in the kitchen not to "get fat like your mother" because no man would love me. The words still hurt so much.
    I try so hard to create a bond with you but it really is difficult. I love meeting up for lunch to have our chats but it always ends up with you talking at/ lecturing/criticising me & i end up feeling like that little girl again- trying and failing to to have a balanced relationship with you. It's always been about what you need and want.

Mum- I've always been confused about our relationship. I remember you giving out all the time about me being a burden. You gave out about all the sacrifices you made & about how you had no choice but to be a single mother. You gave out about me wanting too much attention and needing too many things. I thought you were never coming back, each time you went to work. At first I thought you went to parties because you didn't want to be around us. Then, whenever you were late home, I'd be terrified you had died in a car crash & there would be no one to mind me. I would be sick with worry when you forgot to pick me up from school. I could go on & on & on but I wont.

I just wanted to get these words out. It's killing me inside keeping them in. I'm angry and hurt and I need to let this all out before I can move on, for my own sake. I don't blame you but I really am angry. I know there were a million worse things that could have happened.

I know I won't ever be able to discuss how I've felt about these issues with you. I can't even talk to you about my feelings on day to day subjects- you both just ignore what I'm saying & talk over me. I also know I need to stop hoping that you'll both change one of these days & become the emotionally supportive parents that I've long wished for.

I appreciate all of the other things in my life that you have done for me. I know I don't tell you that enough.

I love you. I wish I could say that out loud to you & I wish you both could say it to me someday. xx

Dear L,
    You have hardly made any effort with me over the last few months since you started to go out with ////. I met you over Christmas and you told me all about ////. I know you not happy with /// because of what he said and did. You asked me for my advice and I told you not to stay with him as he is immature and using you. I did not say this out of meanness but out of concern as your friend.
    I told you about a job interview I was due to have after Christmas.
    Well last week I got the we don't want you letter. Two days later I got an email from another company telling a job was gone - they did not even interview me.
    You have not even send me as much as a text message in the last month to ask me about this job. Since you started to go out with /// you have never put me first any night not even for my birthday. Well L I have had enough of been treated like this. I have been a good friend to you but at this stage I hope that dumping me for that idiot /// is worth it.
    You are one selfish person. I am going to give you some advice don't forget your friends on the way up because some day you could fall to earth and need them.

Dear W,
    I was so lucky to start a job the same day as you in that place over 10 years ago now.
    We had some good times and not so good times there. I left there before you but since then we have both gone though so much. You were the first person I told about my //// ///. You knew something was wrong but you did not want to chat to me where others would hear the conversation which we had at that time.
    After we both left that job we would meet up, chat and go out.
    We have both had some tough time over the past few years. We find time to pick up the phone and speak to each other and our moans can turn into laughter within a few mins.
    We don't see each other as often as I would like but you can't meet me often due to family circumstances. I would love to see your life get some what better and easier for you as you deserve some luck at this stage.
    I would like to say how luck I am to have you as a friend and thank you for being there for me.

Dear Y

Look I've been hurt in the past, over and over again.
    I can't put myself out there again, only to be shot down, I won't allow myself to be hurt anymore, I just can't.

Yes I like you. Come on you know that, it's obvious.
    What do you want? Those cryptic comments? What do they mean?
    Am I reading too much into it? Or is that what you want me to do?

Please don't be another attention seeker. Either you like me or you don't.
    If you do, then just spit it out. If you don't, then just stop f**king with my head. I don't deserve it.

Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 c u on the Darkside

@JOS- I'm so sorry, it has to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

@ You

I'm starting over today. I hope your little games and selfish wants were worth it. Its done. I may not feel 100 percent right now, but I will soon. I deserve it. I actually do. As much as I think I miss you, I wont miss the pain you put me through. God help your next victim.

Dear D

I talked...and you listened.

I wish you knew how much it meant that you listened.

I wish I didn't freak out and think you were judging me.

I wish you didn't apologise to me for making me like you...I wanted to like you, I do like you. I think you're pretty damn cool. I just wish you could have liked me too. You did, at the start, before I freaked out.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I messed it up. I'm sorry we're not friends. I could have done with a friend like you, and maybe I could have been your friend also. I used to be a good friend, I used to be someone people could talk to and rely on, I used to be the person you were for me - before it all happened and messed me up.

I really liked talking to you. I didn't expect to; but sometimes life throws curveballs at you - and sometimes they aren't so bad. I liked this one, til I messed it up.

I know you might read this, and I just wanted you to know - I wish it was different, and I wish we could start over.

Dear x
    I meant what I said that night. I hate that it took that situation for me to realise just how nasty a person you are, but at least I finally did. After years of trying to work it out, of wishing things were different, I've finally accepted and it won't and they aren't. You're not a good person, not for me anyway. It says alot that the only reason I wanted you was because of my own f;uked up psychological state. I thought I wasn't worth any more than what I got from you, I thought no-one else would want me after what happened. But you know what? I AM worth more, and I don't and never have loved you - because you don't know what love is...and I know I would never love someone that cold. I feel sorry for you if anything, because I don't know if you'll ever find someone who can cope with the way you constantly shut people out. And even if you do, I don't think you'll be happy. I wish you well, but I will never go back to you, never. It ended that night, and it ends here.

Dear xx
    You let me down, and I know you hate it but it's true. Things are different now and I hate that. I'm trying to understand, but Jesus it really hurt, it really really hurt. Maybe we just need some distance for now. I hate that I've put you through this, and I hate that I've relied on you so much - I know it wasn't fair, but if you couldn't cope then you shouldn't have let me think you could. We both played a part in this, just like before. I wish things could just be ok. I'm sorry. I do want you in my life, I do.

Dear therapist
    Please don't give up on me, because I'm so worried everyone else will.

Dear ..
    I wish you knew just how much you've destroyed me. I wish you felt the pain I've felt ever since. I wish you felt the hate I feel and knew I felt it for you. I hope you burn in hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

People lie, people cheat, people leave!

Advertisement