Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

∆∆∆

Always believe action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

“At least you know I’m always honest” you literally lied to me yesterday. Except you don’t know that I know that you did. Wish I could call you out on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Youre not a victim, youre a man child a manipulator and a narcissist.

The only reason ive been so calm and nice to you and havnt told you to f.uck off is because im genuinely scared of what youre capable of.
    Please just leave me alone, ive told you I dont want to see you anymore, ive not been texting you back or giving you any false hope thats theres any kind of a future between us, youre delusional. Leave me alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I wish you were dead. I honestly do. It's the only way I'll ever get any peace from you and the only way you'll ever leave me alone and stop stalking and harassing me.

Why are you doing this to me? I loved you, I still love you. You act so lovey dovey to me, how are you hiding the fact that you’re texting other girls and asking them to meet you this weekend? You said you were different and I always believed it, that’s what makes this so hard to understand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Thank you for your kindness and your professionalism. Yes, it's a sh1te situation and one in which I know justice will never be done.
    It is what it is and thank you for listening and taking onboard what I had to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cardamom and mimosa

You never told me what happened, you suddenly turned on me and I didn't understand why, it was like you hated me. I know I had my part to play and I regret so much of the things I did and said, I wanted to hurt you like you hurt me but I was also stupid and I cringe when I think of how I used to be, if I could go back and change my behavior I would.
    I know it wouldn't have made a difference, you did what you wanted to do and didn't care about the effect it had on me or us, we were both so young and made mistakes but I just don't know what I ever did to you to make you treat me the way you did, you changed like a switch, we were so close then suddenly it was like you hated me, you just wanted to hurt me, what hurt the most was how you kept me separate from your life. I loved you more than anything and I would have done anything to make us work, I thought I was doing the right thing. I should have walked away but after all we'd been through together I couldn't do it, it killed me to leave, ive never been the same since and ive never gone through anything as bad as that, every time something difficult happens in my life, I compare it to us, I tell myself if I could get through that, ill get through anything. Ive never felt so lonely and sad as I did in those months after we ended. You treated me like I had done something to you and it hurt so much because I loved you and I just wanted us to work.
    Ive never felt about anyone the way I felt about you. I got myself through what happened by telling myself that I would eventually meet someone else and I was so sure that I would but I never did, I told myself that I was going to get through university and get a good job and even though I didn't admit this to myself, I always imagined we'd eventually get back together in the years to come but that never happened, life didn't go as planned for me, it turned out very disappointing, everything I tried to make happen, I didnt get the good job, I didnt go see the world like I wanted to or have lots of good times like id imagined I would, life slipped by and nothing worked out and when I look back there's so much I wish I could change.
    You're happy now with someone else and im happy for you but cant help but wish it was me you were happy with.
    I still miss you.

The saying is true.... To get over a guy, u gotta get under a new one... Thanks for a great night M.... Wouldn't mind seeing/doing u again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

You've had a really tough 2 weeks. You experienced a trauma and it's only natural that you'd be affected by it. But you're strong, you knew these things can happen. You're in a much better place mentally than you've ever been. You're tough, and you know you're good at this job, it's what you were always meant to do. The lads have been through it, and they know exactly how you feel. Talk to them if you need to, they get it. Don't be ashamed for being upset, you're not a robot. You'll be fine. You're a badass.

Something I needed to tell myself. Helps to have it on paper to read back over :)

Yep, you’re definitely a príck. Need to figure my way out of this and then take SAC’s advice above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I was looking forward to Paris more than you will ever know. This is so disappointing and I don't know what to believe, if I'm being honest. My spidey senses have been sort of tingling these past few days.

I'm a big girl and I know my value. It's good that this is the underlying feeling I have right now. Kindness, honesty and integrity are what I deserve and I'm so glad I finally know how to give those things to myself. I'm so grateful for that.

I got promoted this week. I signed the contract today. I've been working my ass off for this for four years. It feels great to feel so valued in my professional life. I know I'll figure the personal stuff out too. Eventually.

Im so tempted to text u, ugh I just want u out of my head.

I miss u. I miss not having u sitting here next to me. I miss your hands and eyes.

I know you’re trying to make up for hurting me and I appreciate you being so sweet and all, but to be quiet honest, you’re being a bit overbearing

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Why did you message me now, it's been nearly 4 months since you broke up with me ? Online dating not working out for you ? Val

Just FYI babe, it doesn’t count as “being better” if you’re nice to my face but still doing the same thing behind my back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

You're a narcissist and it's terrifying. I don't know what you might do next and it's terrifying. You metaphorically hold me with one hand and hit me with the other and it's terrifying. I don't understand what I did to deserve the way you're treating me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Tamara tamara

I need to concentrate on me now. You taught me that so thanks I guess?

Being with you was the best thing that ever happened to me, I didnt realise it at the time but you truly were a blessing in disguise. Before you I allowed everyone to walk on me and put me down, I didnt know how to stand up for myself and I had no self esteem. You were my lowest point, you treated me so terribly that when I finally built up the courage to leave you I started to take a look at myself, I started putting myself first and built my self up so much that I will never let anyone treat me that way again.
    I dont hate you, I genuinely wish you well. You gave me the best lesson I ever could have asked for and it changed my life.
    You taught me the importance of self love and showed me how terrible my future could potentially be unless I started standing up for myself.
    You wouldnt even know me now if you met me and I have you but mostly myself to thank for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

there's so much "you did this" and "you said that" and playing all our communication around in my head like a broken record at the moment.

it just really, really hurts that you didnt want me in the end. that you went from day to night ovr the course of a few text messages and how instead of seeing that madness for what it was, the big fat red flag that it is, im internalising the whole thing and feeling like absolute crap about myself.

that's my issue obviously, but i wish you could see how your actions have hurt me. i thought you were a breath of fresh air. i thought you said what you meant and meant what you said. believed every word you said. and in the space of a week, you let me down colossally, totally dismissed my feelings out of hand and ended things over text. not even a phone call.

was it all just an ego boost for you? or are you really that messed up? or did your feelings just switch off like a tap? i dont understand any of this.

anyway. things are good at work. i got what i wanted. the respect and the money and the title. and i can;t even get excited. all i feel is hurt, and pain. the sad thing is id give it all up for the shot at something real, something meaningful, the shot at love again. and i'd probably do it all again in the morning.

more fool me.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Why don't you ever get in touch? I waited for so long and I'm finally used to the fact that you'll probably never text or email or message me on social media again. I thought you knew me more than anyone else, but maybe I was wrong. You stopped talking to me out of the blue - but I suppose maybe that was always going to happen. I had a very traumatic day and I was struggling. I told you the event that I'd been to that day. You never even checked to see if I was OK. I was the one who always made the first effort to talk. I thought this time you might reciprocate. But you didn't. I hope you are happy in your life. I presume you are. You have everything you want in life now. I was incidental. I was there for you when you were bored. I see that now.

• Advertisement

M - I like u. I don't know if u like me too. I didn't write back cause I just can't read u and I'm not sure if ur into me or not. And I don't wanna be wasting my time, plus my heart hasn't fully healed yet.

U again... Just seen u at work.... Woah u looked HOT! *blushing like mad right now *

Since we moved back to our respective homes, I think I’ve realised how much I don’t trust you. I keep seeing that you’re online on Facebook and I’m wondering who you’re talking to. Of course it could be totally innocent but after what I found out over the summer, I just don’t know. And you don’t have to be on your best behaviour anymore so how am I to know what you’re up to now?

Hello,

I just posted in AH about stopping time at 2009. How are you? Working I hope. Are you still living in the same place? Whenever I pass by one of your bus stops I always check to see if you are waiting there. Whenever I spot a big hairy man walking down the street I look twice to see if it's you. It never is of course.

If we met I would burst in to tears. I would hold on to you and try to find a piece of what was once there. I would beg you to stay. To tell me, I don't know know what, something anything that would change the track of time.

But I would do none of that. Instead I would give you a quick hug, ask how you've been and let that be that.

I dont know if youre a head fu*k or just half arsed but why did you contact me at all? first you message me wanting to reconnect then after a bit of small talk you stop replying to me out of the blue and I haven't heard from you since.
    Either youre interested or your not, stop playing head games and grow up.

You've tripped yourself up with your lies now and you don't even realise it. I've gone out of my way to help you in the last year and I can see now that all you are is a selfish user. I'm sick of you constantly offloading all your problems on me, yet you NEVER ask how I am. Well guess what? I'm done with you. Find some other eejit because I've been one for long enough.

F,

I know you’re into me sexually but is there any more to it than that? I really hope there is, if you asked me out properly I’d jump at the chance. But maybe it’s you, maybe you’re not looking to be a one woman man right now. If I only had the nerve to actually talk to you about any of this

You've tripped yourself up with your lies now and you don't even realise it. I've gone out of my way to help you in the last year and I can see now that all you are is a selfish user. I'm sick of you constantly offloading all your problems on me, yet you NEVER ask how I am. Well guess what? I'm done with you. Find some other eejit because I've been one for long enough.

Your sarcastic message this morning really proves my point. I'm suddenly beginning to understand why a lot of people have apparently 'fallen out with you'. To listen to you it was always someone else's fault, but there does seem to be one common denominator here.

Everyone else can't always be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Dear A,

You're keeping me going, thank you x

Aspie :)

• Advertisement

To the absolute b!tch who ran ahead of me in the coffee shop this morning.
    I woke up with the worst cold and a sore throat. 15 minutes before work I popped into the coffee shop next door to my work to get a takeaway hot drink to help my throat and stuffy nose, also dying to pee.
    I head in through the door of the coffee shop only for this wagon to cut infront and run ahead, she stands at the till, takes a couple of minutes to decide what coffee she wants to order, after she'd ordered it and it was run up on the till, she then walks away from the till, over to the food counter and casually takes her time looking at sandwiches.
    After a good 5 inutes of reading every packet on the counter she decided she didnt want a sandwich so spent another 5 minutes looking at muffins before finally deciding which one she wanted all the while a Que building up behind her.
    Finally I got my coffee with less than 2 minutes to get to work and didn't get to pee for 3 hours until I got my break.

I hate people like you.

Advertisement