Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Serephucus wrote: »
    So get a switch sampler! I have one, actually. If you're willing to pay for the postage you can have it, then send it on to the next person who's unsure. :P

Ill pay postage m8. No problem! I can throw you a few quid for it too. It wold be a life saver m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Shoot me a PM so. You can send it on to Seaaan when you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Could I use the switch sampler too, after the above are finished with it and then send it to whoever needs it next?

I want to buy a mechanical KB but I was unsure of the switches too,

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

I won't be needing it for the time being, thanks though.

On a side note, Bitfenix's new cases look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

F**cking Ripplecom are making me lose the will to live. Had a problem with webpages not loading properly for the past while and I've been on the phone 3 times with support, each call being more useless than the last. One of the tech support guys suggested it was a problem with the wifi or chrome (My PC and most of my devices use an Ethernet cable to connect and it happens in all browsers on all devices I've tried), then he suggests it's either a virus or my router firmware is broken (Router has been on same firmware for months now with no config changes either, tried resetting to factory anyway, no luck). He "gives up" at this point and says to call again if it continues.

Can't wait to be rid of these gob****es.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

F**cking Ripplecom are making me lose the will to live. Had a problem with webpages not loading properly for the past while and I've been on the phone 3 times with support, each call being more useless than the last. One of the tech support guys suggested it was a problem with the wifi or chrome (My PC and most of my devices use an Ethernet cable to connect and it happens in all browsers on all devices I've tried), then he suggests it's either a virus or my router firmware is broken (Router has been on same firmware for months now with no config changes either, tried resetting to factory anyway, no luck). He "gives up" at this point and says to call again if it continues.

Can't wait to be rid of these gob****es.

Is it them crashing on first load? Happening to me last 2 days as well

Is it them crashing on first load? Happening to me last 2 days as well

Yes, but it will stop loading for more than just the first attempt, I could be spending up to 5 minutes trying to view a single image when it's at it's worst.

I cant believe it. My Amazon package is still not dispatched. I ordered it on last saturday! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I cant believe it. My Amazon package is still not dispatched. I ordered it on last saturday! :mad:

what did you order?

NTMK wrote: »
    what did you order?

Just 1TB hdd and sata. I am not in a rush, but it is annoying to say the least... First time I see amazon droping a ball like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

they take the piss fair regular with the free postage service alright, but thats getting on alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Just 1TB hdd and sata. I am not in a rush, but it is annoying to say the least... First time I see amazon droping a ball like that.

Same thing happening here. And we're not the only ones it seems.

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Same thing happening here. And we're not the only ones it seems.

Damn, looks like its a lot bigger then I though.... Ill wait until tomorrow, then write back again to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

my last few orders from amazon:

ordered 12th may, delivered 21st - 7 days
    ordered 19th may, delivered 29th - 10 days
    ordered 27th may, delivered 31st - 4 days (speediest one, 31st was a sat too)
    ordered 27th may, delivered 3rd - 7 days

hmm, I buy a lot of shit

• Registered Users Posts: 53,963 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I did a test once. What was quicker free post or standard posts with amazon, both arrived on the very same day

Wossack wrote: »
    my last few orders from amazon:

ordered 12th may, delivered 21st - 7 days
    ordered 19th may, delivered 29th - 10 days
    ordered 27th may, delivered 31st - 4 days (speediest one, 31st was a sat too)
    ordered 27th may, delivered 3rd - 7 days

hmm, I buy a lot of shit

Ive made 31 orders this year so far...:o

at least my prime membership is getting used

NTMK wrote: »
    Ive made 31 orders this year so far...:o

at least my prime membership is getting used

What does Prime get you over here? I thought being in Ireland excluded us from the better delivery thing?

What does Prime get you over here? I thought being in Ireland excluded us from the better delivery thing?

im in the uk now. prime just gives me some predictability in amazon delveries (if i order before 2 on friday it arrives sat morning) and Lovefilm

They use amazon logistics which are a steaming pile of **** but seem to now sent all mine by DPD since i had £500 of gear nicked of my front door (apparently my front door which is 3 yards from the road is a secure location:rolleyes:)

Headshot wrote: »
    I did a test once. What was quicker free post or standard posts with amazon, both arrived on the very same day

Standard and free are 100% same, its just they they trick you in to buying it. Funny enough I ordered once something as Standard as I though it will be a bit fast, but it ended up later by 4-5 days then free.

Ducky Shine 3 came. Its insanely heavy compared to my old membrane keyboard, it weighs a couple kilos surely. Blues seem nice, will have to try them in a game when I'm free, but they feel good. Definitely a good purchase, and OcUK shipped me a free medium mouse mat so that's nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Seaaan wrote: »
    Ducky Shine 3 came. Its insanely heavy compared to my old membrane keyboard, it weighs a couple kilos surely. Blues seem nice, will have to try them in a game when I'm free, but they feel good. Definitely a good purchase, and OcUK shipped me a free medium mouse mat so that's nice.

How loud is it on a scale of 1 - 10, where:
    1 = not loud at all, just sounds like you're actually hitting keys
    5 = starting to get a bit annoyingly loud
    10 = "WHAT THE **** IS THAT RACKET I'M TURNING OFF THE ELECTRICITY UNTIL YOU SORT THAT CLACKING OUT" - shouted from a different room

Standard and free are 100% same, its just they they trick you in to buying it. Funny enough I ordered once something as Standard as I though it will be a bit fast, but it ended up later by 4-5 days then free.

A sample size of one isn't definitive...

How loud is it on a scale of 1 - 10, where:
    1 = not loud at all, just sounds like you're actually hitting keys
    5 = starting to get a bit annoyingly loud
    10 = "WHAT THE **** IS THAT RACKET I'M TURNING OFF THE ELECTRICITY UNTIL YOU SORT THAT CLACKING OUT" - shouted from a different room

To others in the room itd probably be very annoying. Its a high pitched noise so it's quite annoying without headphones. Bottomed out its like a membrane but louder. I'll go with a 4-5

Dispatched today. Took amazon whole 6 days to put hdd in to box and droped in to "dispatch" box. :pac:

Serephucus wrote: »
    A sample size of one isn't definitive...

I am not saying it will be longer then free delivery, I am just saying about Ironic situation.
    I am pretty sure that the way free delivery works is by the rule of priority in warehouse.
    If they have paid ones, then they just sort those out and work on free delivery. In the end both are being sent out by same truck/boat/plane/horse cart.

Its very rare amazon ****s up like that. Usually I get dispatched it same day and delivered in few days.

Without a doubt this keyboard feels amazing, but they definitely take some getting used to. I find myself making a lot of mistakes and holding down keys by mistake

Without a doubt this keyboard feels amazing, but they definitely take some getting used to. I find myself making a lot of mistakes and holding down keys by mistake

I was doing that for a while with Browns when I first got mine. Give it a week though, and try and use the membrane keyboard again, see what happens. :P

I'm not sure what's causing this, but sometime the middle of typing my keyboard cuts outttttttttttttttttttuppppppppppppppppppps typing and spams the letter i hiiiii

It just happened 3 times there...

iiii mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaayyyyyyy hhhhhhaaaaavvvvvvvveeeeeee ffffffiiiiiiiiigggggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeddddddd wwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaattttttttssssss ccccccaaaaaaauuuuuuuuusssssssiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg ttttttthhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiisssssss oouuuuuutttttttt.......

Some sort of stupid repeat thing that im not sure how to turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

iiii mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaayyyyyyy hhhhhhaaaaavvvvvvvveeeeeee ffffffiiiiiiiiigggggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeddddddd wwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaattttttttssssss ccccccaaaaaaauuuuuuuuusssssssiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg ttttttthhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiisssssss oouuuuuutttttttt.......

Some sort of stupid repeat thing that im not sure how to turn off.

Press FN+F1 and FN+F5. This will set the key repeat and delay rate to the default settings.

Could also try update FW if needed.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/firmware_updater.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement