Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options
  • 26-10-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭

Mod Note: In all of my benevolence (and the fact I'm tired of cleaning gag posts out of the BA thread) I have created a new (did we ever have one??) Off Topic thread for all your randomness and IT-related humour! The rules are: there are no rules. Although posting on-topic stuff here or stuff that belongs in Hardware Discussion etc. better may be moved randomly with extreme prejudice!! It will also make you look silly :p

9fgrC.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102858

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Was looking for a 5750 and accidentally found a 5650 for only €12 on pixmania!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Baza210 wrote: »
    Was looking for a 5750 and accidentally found a 5650 for only €12 on pixmania!
    Will that not make graphics look a bit blocky?

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

and im really bored. studying for exams is soo 2000-and-leaving cert.

so im sitting in my room, freezing my butt off, even though im wearing a "bear skin" style jumper, and a down feather you heard that right jacket on top of that, in my hand-knitted socks, playing WRC 2010 unrealistic but grand game, and i noticed that my CPU temp was only hitting 19 degrees, with fans running @ 40%

after going through the pwetty girl thread , pr0n and boards.ie, the CPU temp dropped to under 16 degrees. its a good day to overclock me thinks.

god im bored. entertain me!

TL;DR:

nevermind, nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's not cold.

Aaaaargh frostbite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

tis the hands that suffer the most. my gloves and keyboard dont like each other.

thread FTW!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Win thread is Win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

'nix thread is Win.

I think you mean GNU/'nix thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Baza210 wrote: »
    I think you mean GNU/'nix thread.
    Where would one find such thread?

• Advertisement

On a CPU somewhere, I imagine.

Not a glove nor hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Bargain alert or just plain old robbery? :p

http://www.adverts.ie/260764/hardware/socket-775-cpu-cooler-no-fan/

It looks very alike to the stock intel but even if an aftermarket cooler with no fan its gotta be worth all off a fiver max?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    tis the hands that suffer the most. my gloves and keyboard dont like each other.

thread FTW!

Fingerless gloves is what i have to thank for being able to type up my final year project in a house with no heating. Well worth investing (get the lined ones)

game4it70 wrote: »
    Bargain alert or just plain old robbery? :p

http://www.adverts.ie/260764/hardware/socket-775-cpu-cooler-no-fan/

It looks very alike to the stock intel but even if an aftermarket cooler with no fan its gotta be worth all off a fiver max?
    Misplaced decimal i reckon. :p

You'd pay €3.00 for that??!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I have one of those coolers, from a old P4 rig in my spare parts box. Its not too bad actually.

Solitaire wrote: »
    You'd pay €3.00 for that??!? :pac:
    It's cheaper than what they have on amazon.

So who here is planning christmas updates to their computers ?

I know I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Deano12345 wrote: »
    So who here is planning christmas updates to their computers ?

I know I am :D

I'm planning them next christmas, possibly just a new case though.
    I do however plan to get a 1090T and NH-D14 next year though, probably around March or April.

• Advertisement

I'm planning them next christmas, possibly just a new case though.
    I do however plan to get a 1090T and NH-D14 next year though, probably around March or April.

Nice, those dual tower coolers are a PITA after a while, im thinking of sidegrading to a H70 for ease of use.

The 5850 is getting a twin, and im getting another 4GB of these XMS3's (60 quid for the set, nice one :D ) Cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Nice, those dual tower coolers are a PITA after a while, im thinking of sidegrading to a H70 for ease of use.

The 5850 is getting a twin, and im getting another 4GB of these XMS3's (60 quid for the set, nice one :D ) Cant wait :D

The H70 looks nice, but it's €15 more for a slightly louder and warmer (ok it's like 1 or 2 degrees more but still) cooler.

I'd only get it if I didn't have the obese 922.

Meh, Ill take the temp difference for the ease of use I think, the H70 might even be a bit of an improvement over my current setup too

"Ahhh, but can it install Oracle's SQL Database software?"

FML.

Dean dislikes VIA. That is all

Everyone dislikes VIA. That is all

FYP :pac:

Im actually to the point of throwing this laptop I'm working on out the window. Every driver works fine, except sound (which is supplied by a chip made by guess who) and I cannot find a driver for it. My solution, go out for drinks tonight and work on it tomorrow :D

What chip? One of the new ones or is it an old cheapy laptop?

Solitaire wrote: »
    What chip? One of the new ones or is it an old cheapy laptop?

Old cheapy. Pentium Mobile 1.7 GHz, circa 2005

• Advertisement

Ugh! Could be anything. Those ones drove me mad back when I worked for a living, can't even remember where I found some lappies' sound drivers! :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement