Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Thanks for the link, went to their site and literally had to give up the site was that slow.

Ya, just looked there now and it's not working so good. Was fine an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ya, just looked there now and it's not working so good. Was fine an hour ago.

Shortly after I posted I got a pop up apology from their site Admin. The tech problem is probably due to the weekend that's in it. So I'll check back after the W/E.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads ever have trouble trying to get crossfire working on CPUID HWmonitor? I can only get one card to display at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

It never picks up my 2nd card either I've just been using afterburner to check card temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads ever have trouble trying to get crossfire working on CPUID HWmonitor? I can only get one card to display at the moment

kevovek wrote: »
    It never picks up my 2nd card either I've just been using afterburner to check card temps.

HWiNFO Get the 64 bit version from the link.

Run the summary the first time then after that close it down and everytime after can just open and run sensors only. Fantastic program,shows temps for everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

I asked this in the pictures thread, but I'll throw it out here too:

I'm looking for a 22-24" monitor with pivot function OR a cheap, quality 22-24" monitor and a monitor arm that can support said monitor in portrait ( and maybe a 27" in landscape)

Thanks in advance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just recovered 11gb on my ssd. Its a lot considering its my #OS 60gb yoke.

Got pissed off as my it droped to 6gb free space and I did not payed attention to it. I started looking in to it. Did CCleaner and recovered only about 1gb. Then I started manually checking all folders, including hidden ones.

The amount of **** beng left over by software is retarded. I found DIRT2 and DIRT3 Folders in appdata. Between both of them - 3gb!!!! I dont even have those games on and I never installed them on that ssd!
    Then old Nvidia update installers and I found Warface ( a **** browser game that I tried only once ) making a hidden folder for another 2.5gb... Freaking bonkers.

So I got it back up to 17gb. Still so much more crap in there, but it is better then 6gb. I think I will need to do a format soon and a fresh windows install.

Ordered myself 1TB hdd. All these years I just have 60gb ssd 256ssd and 500gh hdd. Time to expand lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

http://download.cnet.com/SpaceSniffer/3000-18512_4-10913555.html

Space sniffer is a must have application, shows you a graphical representation of the files taking up space. I use it with ccleaner and normally get about 30gb back every time I do it, between deleting temp files with ccleaner and deleting 18gb iphone backup files which have 3 copies. Then various other stuff.

I'm looking for more storage now, it's getting to the point where i'd be in serious trouble if I lost everything I have stored as some is work relatedish that I don't have backed up.

I presume there are better alternatives to raid 5? Would like a fast enough 200mB/s read write volume that I can trust won't randomly break.

http://download.cnet.com/SpaceSniffer/3000-18512_4-10913555.html

Space sniffer is a must have application, shows you a graphical representation of the files taking up space. I use it with ccleaner and normally get about 30gb back every time I do it, between deleting temp files with ccleaner and deleting 18gb iphone backup files which have 3 copies. Then various other stuff.

I'm looking for more storage now, it's getting to the point where i'd be in serious trouble if I lost everything I have stored as some is work relatedish that I don't have backed up.

I presume there are better alternatives to raid 5? Would like a fast enough 200mB/s read write volume that I can trust won't randomly break.

Cheers m8. Looks neat little program. Will use that next time to investigate crap on my pc. Can't afford 500gb ssd yet, so will have to deal with 60gb Os one for now. So cleaning up stuff for me now lol.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Gents,

If I was sinking a few quid into a mouse, around 70/80 what should I be looking at?

It has to be sturdy with a good life span. I've had a fairly generic Logi one and only recently has it started flipping out. .

marko93 wrote: »
    Gents,

If I was sinking a few quid into a mouse, around 70/80 what should I be looking at?

It has to be sturdy with a good life span. I've had a fairly generic Logi one and only recently has it started flipping out. .

Deathadder. Best thing ever since someone invented blow job.

Deathadder. Best thing ever since someone invented blow job.

Well jasus, with a review like that...

Gonna presume this is the latest model?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Deathadder-Ergonomic-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00ABS62C6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1401581359&sr=1-1&keywords=deathadder

marko93 wrote: »

That will do too. I got older version. Thats how good DeathAdders are, the only Razor mouse thats still being sold and constantly updated. If my DeathAdder breaks I will get another one.

Edit: reliability is great too. I got my one for few years now and it works flawlessly.

Sweet price, ordered one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads can I get your opinion

How much would I get for a Gigabyte GeForce GTX670
    http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90462169/gigabyte-geforce-gtx670.asp

and

Corsair CMPSU-750HX Professional Series 750W Power Supply with white braided cables

Im thinking of selling the above on ebay or somthing and need an idea of what I should ask. Found it very hard to sell the other 670 before at 175 so was that to much?

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads can I get your opinion

How much would I get for a Gigabyte GeForce GTX670
    http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90462169/gigabyte-geforce-gtx670.asp

and

Corsair CMPSU-750HX Professional Series 750W Power Supply with white braided cables

Im thinking of selling the above on ebay or somthing and need an idea of what I should ask. Found it very hard to sell the other 670 before at 175 so was that to much?

Well, you can pick up 680 for 200eu now and then. 175eu for 670 does not really sound too bad. If you really want to sell it, slap 150eu on it and it should be gone in a heart beat.

Why are Sony and Samsung keeping 4K content to themselves?
    Essentially what Sony is saying is "If you want to watch 4K movies today, you have to by a Sony TV." Does Sony have a blatant internal conflict of interest here? Yep. They, as the largest current source of 4K content, are essentially extorting anyone who wants to get a 4K TV into buying theirs, because otherwise there's basically nothing to watch in 4K.
    Samsung is reacting, trying to do the same, but without owning a studio, it can't offer more than minimal 4K content so far.

I've put the second monitor aside for the time being, and decided I'll get the mechanical keyboard I've wanted for so long. I'm no hardcore gamer, so was thinking a Ducky Shine III with browns. It's my first, so would it suit me for a mix of typing and gaming?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

if they're this stupid/greedy then both can go **** themselves

especially sony they're haemorrhaging money and they think this is a good idea to win back customers who dont give 2 ****s about overly expensive sony tvs any more

Samsung also keeping up theyre ambition of world domination too and being ***** about it

Damn amazon is slow lately. Ordered my Hdd on 31st and its still not even dispatched... :( I just contacted customer support and yes, its not just a a late refresh, its still not dispatched. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Seaaan wrote: »
    I'm no hardcore gamer, so was thinking a Ducky Shine III with browns. It's my first, so would it suit me for a mix of typing and gaming?

MX Browns work well for me, I use the same keyboard for work and gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Damn amazon is slow lately. Ordered my Hdd on 31st and its still not even dispatched... :( I just contacted customer support and yes, its not just a a late refresh, its still not dispatched. :(

Waiting on some stuff to be dispatched as well.........

Was going to order a few thing from there for father's day as well, but might leave it now if they're experiencing slowdowns. :rolleyes:

I bought the Shine 3 with blues as browns were out of stock at that price. Fairly happy with a ducky for 100£ though! Reds just didn't appeal to me, as I'm no hard core gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'm using Browns, for a mix of typing (programming and documents) and games. I quite like them, but I'm going to switch to Blues soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm still trying to make my mind up on what mechanical keyboard I want to get. Unfortunately it'll have to be full sized as I've realised I use the 10keys way too often to lose them. All the cool looking keyboards are tenkeyless or smaller :(

I'm still trying to make my mind up on what mechanical keyboard I want to get. Unfortunately it'll have to be full sized as I've realised I use the 10keys way too often to lose them. All the cool looking keyboards are tenkeyless or smaller :(

I almost bought one, but the whole Switch difference stoped me again. To make it worse, I dont know 100% what I would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

So get a switch sampler! I have one, actually. If you're willing to pay for the postage you can have it, then send it on to the next person who's unsure. :P

• Advertisement

I didn't really have a clue. I know I want tactile feedback, but reds were always in stock. I suppose I'll know regarding the blues on Thursday when it arrives, just hope the clickity clack isn't too loud!
    So get a switch sampler! I have one, actually. If you're willing to pay for the postage you can have it, then send it on to the next person who's unsure.
    Wish I'd heard this before this morning!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement