Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

It's aF1 and F5 but still randomly does it. Also in the middle of typing the keyboard will stop registering key strokes and not actually type anything. Is this just something wrong with the board?

Firmware updated. Not sure if it works yet, seems to be ok as of typing this. Will try out some Borderlands 2 and see if the problem persists. Nothing has happened yet this current post, so it's looking positive!

Back to happening again. Holding down w and when I press a/d to move left/right the w press will cancel. Some keystrokes aren't valid as well. Can't find anything online either.. Is there somethhhhhhhhhhinnnnnnnnnng wrong with thhhhhhhhhh keyboard itself (effort fixing bs mistakes)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Seems pretty defective... You've tried restarts, different USB ports, all that jazz?

Changed usb ports 3 times, reset to default settings, updated firmware and all that stuff. Will OcUK make me pay for the shipping if I send it back for a refund/replacement?

Didn't restart pc yet (how could I forget that) but it's looking pretty bleak..

It's been a couple of years since I RMA'd something with those guys, I can't remember what their deal is. I'd think you might be able to get them to cover it if you're insistent, given that you just got it.

• Advertisement

I hate dealing with RMA's.

Ok this is a little strange but my keyboard works flawlessly in front panel usb ports, but keeps spamming letters or not responding on motherboard ports. Having it in front panel isn't the end of the world or anything, but what gives?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Seaaan wrote: »
    Ok this is a little strange but my keyboard works flawlessly in front panel usb ports, but keeps spamming letters or not responding on motherboard ports. Having it in front panel isn't the end of the world or anything, but what gives?!

You could try using the ps2 connector it came with? Are the ports on the back of the mobo usb3 and maybe its doing something weird whereas the ports on the front are 2.0?

You could try using the ps2 connector it came with? Are the ports on the back of the mobo usb3 and maybe its doing something weird whereas the ports on the front are 2.0?

Nope, 5 usb 2.0 on back and none work with the ducky. Nop ps2 connector came with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

How often should I drain and flush out my water cooling loop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

Squaredude wrote: »
    How often should I drain and flush out my water cooling loop?

It really depends on the coolant and tubing you have.I would say not to leave it to much longer than a year.

I do mine every 6 months though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

game4it70 wrote: »
    It really depends on the coolant and tubing you have.I would say not to leave it to much longer than a year.

I do mine every 6 months though.
    Yeah I was thinking of doing it at the end of the month when I'm upgrading my mobo and cpu. Should I do a full tear down or would I get away with just flushing with distilled water?

Couldn't stand the apple keyboard any longer with all the talk of mechanicals, so I switched back to a dell quietkey from ~1999. It's rubberdome, but actually feels ok as there's still some pressure needed, and it has to fully bottom out to register. Even this is too loud for me though, so I've ruled out the idea of getting cherry mx blues, I think..

Nope, 5 usb 2.0 on back and none work with the ducky. Nop ps2 connector came with it

That's all my ideas gone then :(.

If your changing mobo and cpu i'd tear it down to clean the blocks.Its really dependent on the how long your running and if the coolant or tubes are cloudy.It the tubes are cloudy they no doubt will be leeching plastiarizer so its worth cleaning the blocks as the pins can get clogged.

If you want to do a good job you could run it for a couple hours with a mix of white vinegar and distilled water.I part vinegar to distilled water.Then rinse it a good few times with warn tap water followed by the final rinse with distilled.

Its really up to you how much effort you want to put into it and if it all looks good just flush with the distilled.

Did you try update the usb drivers for the mobo as the front panel ones use a different driver normally so that might explain why to front ones are fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just installed the star citizen client....must resist buying the RSI Constellation :pac:

game4it70 wrote: »
    Did you try update the usb drivers for the mobo as the front panel ones use a different driver normally so that might explain why to front ones are fine?

I'm not on my PC right now, but I'll be sure to try that in the morning/whenever I'm on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

I am trying to choose between Xeon e3 1230v3 and amd fx 8350, both of these are quiet old and I am wondering if there is newer versions of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I am trying to choose between Xeon e3 1230v3 and amd fx 8350, both of these are quiet old and I am wondering if there is newer versions of these?

What are you going to be doing with them?

What are you going to be doing with them?

I just want to have an eight thread CPU as watch dogs is optimized for the next gens consoles and I see many other games going this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I just want to have an eight thread CPU as watch dogs is optimized for the next gens consoles and I see many other games going this way.

Six threads would be enough as two cores are saved for the is In both consoles

Yeah but does amd have a high end six core?
    Intel does but it is big bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Yeah but does amd have a high end six core?
    Intel does but it is big bucks.

AMD have 8 core chips, as well as 6 core ones. The problem is they suffer from poor performance per clock compared to Intel. This is offset somewhat by their good overclocking capability (which is available to all chips by default).

5820K.... :D

Serephucus wrote: »

Ah, yes. There are those too. :D

My bro is working in Intel at the moment on coop, I'm thinking of selling my 4770k and grabbing a 4790k (if my mobo supports it anyways). I don't expect much of an increase in performance, if any, but I can make some money selling my 4770k :D. I have an average to good 4770k (4.5ghz easy enough with HT on) so if the 4790k can do the same or more I'll be happy with it.

Lucky git. Really need to make friends with someone in Intel. Wouldn't mind a 5820 myself... Except that I'd have to go and buy new RAM.

Lucky git. Really need to make friends with someone in Intel. Wouldn't mind a 5820 myself... Except that I'd have to go and buy new RAM.

I would grab one of those but then I'd have to grab a new mobo. My z87 is compatible with the Haswell refresh chips (as well it should be, but they are releasing z97 boards too FFS. DDR4 compatibility I think would be the only bonus feature?). So this way it's only a minor upgrade. If I get higher clock speeds it'll be due to tolerability of higher voltages (unless I get lucky with my chip), but I actually MAKE money off selling my 4770k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I didnt realise 5820k's where going to be 6 cores. Will have to upgrade to one when they are out. Hopefully a rampage v will come out with xspc waterblock though :)

Yup, should be around the €4-450 mark too, if rumours are to be believed.

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see what kind of cinebench scores X99 8 cores will have overclocked to 5ghz+ with ddr4 ram..
    Also with the ratification of cat8/7a it could be the start of seeing at least 10gbit nics as standard on the x99 boards. especially with usb3.1 being 10gbit.

I still can't see myself upgrading for at least another while anyway. The 3930k is still going fine touch wood, and more than anything it's network and storage that's my bottleneck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement