Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Try something like this first:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cherry-MX-Switch-Sampler/dp/B00I0VX4VS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400960172&sr=8-1&keywords=switch+sampler

The switches all feel very different. I really don't like Reds, for instance, though some people love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Thanks for that, as good an idea as it is, and I know I really should before dropping 100 quid on a keyboard, I'm not gonna spend 20 euro on a sampler.

One of my mates has a mechanical keyboard, I'll see which switches he has and try them out.

From all my reading and video watching it does seem like I would prefer browns, but theres a few weeks delay on the K70 with browns on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You might as well wait a little bit. Corsair will be announcing their RGB MX keyboard at Computex. If nothing else it should push prices on the existing K70s down.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is downloading new amd drivers always this hard?

****ing fair bad I cant download the latest drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Headshot wrote: »

What do you mean? Slow download speeds or what? I've never had much hassle doing it.

• Advertisement

Gumbi wrote: »
    What do you mean? Slow download speeds or what? I've never had much hassle doing it.

Basically their site is up and down. Drivers terribly slow to download and often timing out

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Played a small bit of Watch Dogs earlier, serious game.

Ran without issues too on my system apart from a crash during the first run.
    Looks promising :)

I miss Nvidia already

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

One of the reasons I switched to Nvidia years ago. And so it seems nothing has changed with AMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

One of the reasons I switched to Nvidia years ago. And so it seems nothing has changed with AMD.

I've never had a problem with drivers, downloading or otherwise...

• Advertisement

Gumbi wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with drivers, downloading or otherwise...

I wish I could say the same from my past experience. I often had to uninstall and re-install several times to successfully update my AMD drivers. A mate of mine was grumbling about similar driver issues that Headshot mentioned earlier. And that was for a new Tri-X 290OC card he bought. I installed a new EVGA GTX 780 classified card last month, one click and everything else took care of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

can you get them downloaded through steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I miss Nvidia already

Don't be too hasty, the Nvidia update tool crashed on me yesterday and I didn't bother re-trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Where's a good place to learn about watercooling? I've always thought it was interesting but never read much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Where's a good place to learn about watercooling? I've always thought it was interesting but never read much about it.

I looked into it recently, and found good info on Overclockers.com and Extreme Overclockers (beginners guide and parts guide). More advanced theory and reviews can then be found on Martin's Liquid Lab and Skinee labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As you do..

Very short for tom, only a measly 22 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

ED E wrote: »
    As you do..

Very short for tom, only a measly 22 mins.

soooo, I reckon you can play solitaire on that rig? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Kids these days......:pac:

Kids react to old computers

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Those kids were incredibly annoying. Especially the colored girl..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Seaaan wrote: »
    Those kids were incredibly annoying. Especially the coloured girl..

I heard you're a racist Father!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

Ya, she's American, it's spelled colored. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

i have to use one of those pieces of **** on a daily bases :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

In this current context that sounds horrid
    I heard you're a racist Father!

Also while you're here, have any troubles with the SNES, or is it up to your standards

Anyone know of any recommended sites where I could pick up a new PC desk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Ikea have a big range, some with mix'n'match legs and table tops, but I personally hate that laminate stuff. If you want something of a sturdier nature, you might take a look at some of the office liquidation places. Can't think of the names of any off the top of my head.

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Ikea have a big range, some with mix'n'match legs and table tops, but I personally hate that laminate stuff. If you want something of a sturdier nature, you might take a look at some of the office liquidation places. Can't think of the names of any off the top of my head.

Not an IKEA fan either and living a millions miles from the nearest store doesn't help. I will check out the liquidation option you mentioned, cheers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Seaaan wrote: »
    In this current context that sounds horrid

Also while you're here, have any troubles with the SNES, or is it up to your standards

SNES is awesome, thanks again :) I'm in the process of converting part of my attic back at the parents home into a retro room.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cheapest place to get 1-2tb Hdd lads? Purely for storage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I got a desk on Viking Direct. This one to be specific. Can't fault it really as it was cheap and easy to put together. Only thing is it's not very long (depth) so the monitor is reasonably close to my face. It's just under 50 cm end to end. That suites me as it fits in my bedroom. It's wide enough though, with drawers for storage so there is plenty of room. I had to put in a made up company name upon ordering it, but it's no big deal. I also picked up a chair to get free delivery for an order over 75 Euro and it was a bargain. Defiantly worth considering the desk as it's great value.

• Advertisement

I got a desk on Viking Direct. This one to be specific. Can't fault it really as it was cheap and easy to put together. Only thing is it's not very long (depth) so the monitor is reasonably close to my face. It's just under 50 cm end to end. That suites me as it fits in my bedroom. It's wide enough though, with drawers for storage so there is plenty of room. I had to put in a made up company name upon ordering it, but it's no big deal. I also picked up a chair to get free delivery for an order over 75 Euro and it was a bargain. Defiantly worth considering the desk as it's great value.

Thanks for the link, went to their site and literally had to give up the site was that slow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement