Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want for christmas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I've finally decided what I want.

#1: I want my uncle to stay in remission.

#2: I want my best friend's dad to be ok, to survive all the crap that's currently going on (yay for brain tumours :rolleyes:) and for them to get home ok in the new year. Selfishly, I miss her like crazy and although she's always away for Christmas I'd really hoped she'd be home this year.

#3: Most of all, I want my elderly neighbour to fight hard and go into remission too. His wife is wheelchair bound, and it really doesn't look good for him. Their kids all live in the UK, NZ and Oz, so chances are she'd have to go into residential care here, because she can't live alone. I was writing their Christmas card earlier and remembering so many nice things about them when we were growing up. He used to talk to me like I was a grown-up when everyone else treated me like a dumb kid, and I really appreciated it (in my smart assed way). In a way, he was like a grandad to me, my grandad is dead 18 years tomorrow and he used to play with us and teach us things about music and books that nobody else would have. They were originally from Rhodesia, and they told us the most interesting things that nobody else seemed to know. I haven't seen them for a while and I feel awful about it. Their house is full of art (she's an artist and photographer) and music and books, and they're just so interesting and fun. He's the perfect grumpy old man. Plus, who'd look after their donkeys?

It feels like everyone is sick at the moment. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

New grinding jig for my tools. Some small ear or headphones as my other ones got lost/stolen in the house somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

I'd love some Benefit Make Up, a few pretty dresses and Jewelery, thats all really and some happiness for the New Year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

What I want and what I realistically am gonna get are two completely different things

A ride on Xmas morning is top of the list though!! I better get that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

iron fist handbags!!!! i know i'm getting them :) one for my birthday and one from santa!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

To have all of this year's drama and crap resolved and left in 2010, and start afresh next year.

Failing that, shiny things. A nice ring or pair of earrings, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

I'm looking forward to my brother's Christmas dinner. He's a chef. Nom nom nom :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Right now, all I want is for the forecasts of snow to be WRONG. I'd better be able to get home at Christmas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I want NOT to get snowed in. Donegal is boring enough without being stuck in a field in the middle of nowhere with no means of access to actual civilisation, or more importantly - a PUB!:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Fishie wrote: »
    Right now, all I want is for the forecasts of snow to be WRONG. I'd better be able to get home at Christmas!!

That's just what I was going to post! Other than that, a nice bottle of Baileys will do me fine for Christmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Fishie wrote: »

+1 to this! I'm supposed to be flying home this day two weeks from now, hope there won't be any problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I want

someone to do all my Christmas shopping for me! I've left it so late and I have to work a lot and the shops are so busy and I have no ideas of what to get people I don't want to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Some urban decay makeup ... better start givin out hints hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

A credit card I dont have to worry about paying back!!! I can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Redbrunette

I would love to have enough money to finish out college this year :(

Jees times are tough for everyone this year I guess. The Government have made a right mess of things. Hopefully next year i'll have a job educating Ireland's Children. Pity most will have to leave the country though.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

I also would really love a job

woooo! found out last night i got a new job starting in january with proper money (well a bit anyway :rolleyes:) best early christmas present ever! so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

1. I would love a job for late 2011 after I graduate

2. I would love more than anything to see my OH but can't see him this Christmas due to my final year college / expensive flights / his parents decided to visit him this Christmas. I have not seen him since January and likely won't again until summer 2011. This Christmas will be hard because I wont have the looking forward-ness of going to visit him like last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Steveo C93

COD black ops prestige:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

An original poem from someone special (No Hallmark moment!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Steveo C93

I live in a pub, so getting snowed in would be epic:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

To get home. Snow forecasts for Thursday are making me worried for flights into Dublin on Saturday...:(

DARREN??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

To be with my woman on Christmas day & thru next year. Cos I love her.

(And I will be with her, too).

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Some great answers in this thread. I hope Santy brings you all what you want. :pac:

But seriously, I hope the wishes for sick loved ones to get better do come true. :)

Konata wrote: »
    A miracle cure for depression...
    Same unfortunately but like you said it's not really all that realistic.

I'm not totally sure what I want for Christmas but some box-sets would be nice. Oh and new clothes. In particular dresses from ASOS!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The small mementos of my years gone fianceé that I threw in the bin a long time ago. I'm settled now, I never want her back, but it would be nice to relive the memories of that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy Seat

I just want to get through to January with my sanity ... not necessarily intact... but at least as intact as it is at the moment.

That, and an epilator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Miami Snow

I would like to do well in my exams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

McChubbin wrote: »
    A gamer laptop with 4GB and a fast processor, some cookbooks and a trip to New York with all expenses paid.

I got a Sony Vaio back in May after I killed my last laptop by hitting it for being a piece of dren, €1600, 6GB and capable of playing Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All I want for Christmas is ... :pac: :rolleyes:

Failing that, I suppose I'll get books and jewelery and stuff.

The second best thing I could possibly get is an FA Cup ticket. Please Santa, PLEASE. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

also I would like
    marilyn monroes new book
    a really pretty bangle bracelet with heart, it was in debehmans last year but now its gone

:-(

Advertisement