Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want for christmas?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

There is far too much doom and gloom in the country. Its scary. What I would really want is that things would pick up. Some hope. I hope anyone who has fallen on hard times, especially those with families and young children, will have a good xmas and wont find the next few more weeks a struggle. The budget in Dec will probably make sure that a lot of families will have a poor xmas if it happens at all for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I want my ex back in my life, don't have to get back together yet but to start talking again would be the best pressie ever. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Its funny everyone wants money, a job, a man, shoes and handbags!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Its funny everyone wants money, a job, a man, shoes and handbags!!!

:D

I don't! I want the deluxe limited edition Pantera Cowboys from Hell boxset. :D

51c3DzQ4NYL._SS500_.jpg

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't! I want the deluxe limited edition Pantera Cowboys from Hell boxset. :D
    Me too! :eek::D

Also, to not get injured again before the Barcelona Marathon in March. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

To be happy and fully back to myself :D:D:D Also just to have a nice safe Christmas with my family :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭FayeRayRay

I dont need anything, but i would love Christmas with my family and OH and just enjoy the little things like watching the children opening presents and seeing everyone smiling and happy, and eating wayyyyyyy to many strawberry roses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

A selection box. World peace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

FayeRayRay wrote: »
    I dont need anything, but i would love Christmas with my family and OH and just enjoy the little things like watching the children opening presents and seeing everyone smiling and happy, and eating wayyyyyyy to many strawberry roses :)

I like it, but I'l be having the chewy caramels!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xiney wrote: »
    A job

same!!!!anything at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The totally materialistic list of what I want for Christmas, no holds barred? An Alan Ardiff necklace (I am so in love it's not funny, I spent ages this evening bending a friend's ear in Kilkenny while looking at his stand, and the fact that he's there tomorrow evening and I can't be sickens me!), gym membership, a cross trainer and some weights, a new dress for the ball, and some very pretty shoes in my size that I can walk comfortably in without fear of falling over.

(I'll be asking for book vouchers again this year though :))

I'd also love a new life, but that's really not going to happen between now and then! Maybe in 2011. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

A car service, but finances won't stretch to it, so instead I'd like the Haynes manual for my car so I can do the oil/filter changes etc myself.. and maybe some axle stands and a good set of wrenches..

Also +1 on the Iron Fist shoes, I'll have these please:
    41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Raclette and some Pessac-Leognan 2005 Chateau Brown...hmmm bring on tomorrow night mmmmm

Cant wait for the Pessac-Leognan Porte Ouvert on 4th of December .....ready to stock up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

same!!!!anything at this stage

Just move to France...they pay you 70% of your previous salary for 2 years on the dole and because its in the EU your perfectly legal to do it ;) Theres no dole q...you just click a button on the internet once a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

rain on wrote: »
    Also +1 on the Iron Fist shoes, I'll have these please:
    41.jpg

those were the first ones I was looking at before I decided on these ones

41.jpg

hopefully I'll get them next week. I ordered them but haven't got an email saying they're posted yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

A miracle cure for depression and an eating disorder please >_<

I know that's totally unrealistic though so I guess I'd just like some money and to have an argument free Christmas period :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Links234 wrote: »
    those were the first ones I was looking at before I decided on these ones

<pic snip>

hopefully I'll get them next week. I ordered them but haven't got an email saying they're posted yet.

I have those already - I'm wearing them right now! I got them in Schuh - I'd already have bought the digi skull ones if you could get them in Schuh as well but online is the only place I've found them. The teeth ones are great though - I've had loads of compliments :) and they upset some people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I love these IronFist shoes from Asha. Only €50!

image.php?object_type=detailed&image_id=1446

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

rain on wrote: »
    and they upset some people

lol, how? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Book shelves, my family think I am mad but thats what I want tall blue ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'd like for my grant to have come through at that stage...shouldn't be such an issue but the way it's been going so far...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Eve Lom cleanser please.... Although think Im going to cave and buy it tomorrow, 70e! :eek: So bold, but I MUST have it.

Would also love:
    A macbook (highly unlikely :()
    Book voucher
    and a suprise ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

A time machine to skip January and February.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Ford Consul

Realistically, I dunno, I have everything, there's nothing I *want*

More fish?

Probably get some more goldfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Really awesome christmas exam results. I'm looking for 5 A1s, a B3 and an A2. I would be thrilled! But I doubt it will happen :L

In terms of nice things, I would love €70 on a 3v card so I can get fun stuff in the post for three weeks (I love getting packages!!:D) and a better hairdryer.

And one of those alarm clocks that project the time on the ceiling, those are awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

dubboicc wrote: »
    I need a new bedside lamp, the shades falling off my old one.

http://www.ubode.ie/lighting/icon-table-lamp.html

Where can I get a really really good xmas cake

If you're in Dublin I can put you in touch with someone who makes them in her home, and they are actually amazing (outside of Dublin delivery would be the only issue, although she'd probably meet you somewhere if you're not too far away, but she's based in Dublin herself). I got a mini one for my birthday (it's close to christmas) and I brought it home. My mother cut a slice and I said I'd get one later. Later there was none to get - I got a bit ratty about that actually. I got a proper 9" for Christmas and that was gone before new years. We're not a christmas cake family, you can trust me on that. But the cake I'm talking about? Well it basically tastes like heaven soaked in whiskey and it melts in your mouth. Oh yummy, my mouth is watering just thinking of it!

I don't know what her prices are like though, the 9" was a christmas present. I've ordered one 9" and two of the minis in standard cake, and a gluten free mini this year, but I'll get mates rates, so I couldn't tell you what it'd cost. She'll work around most special dietary requirements and her sugarcraft decorations are pretty - she can do plain if you like, or go more elaborate, but the more time the decoration takes the more expensive it'll be I'd imagine.

I can definitely put you in touch with her though, just send me a PM! :)

OOh, I'm adding to my list. I want to be three dress sizes smaller, and I want a new job and a new place to live by christmas also. I'm not at all demanding. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I want a good set of sharp kitchen knives!

And this isn't really a present, but I'm so looking forward to seeing my sister. She is difficult, impatient, demanding, often juvenile, petty and obtuse. But I love her and I only see her at Christmas and we're getting closer the older we get and I can't wait to spend a night having dinner and drinks and have her stay over at my house when she gets home and to introduce her to my cat :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Every body Pauses and stares at me
    These two teeth are gone as you can see
    I don't know just who to blame for this catastrophe!
    But my one wish on Christmas Eve is as plain as it can be!

All I want for Christmas
    is my two front teeth,
    my two front teeth,
    see my two front teeth!

Gee, if I could only
    have my two front teeth,
    then I could wish you
    "Merry Christmas."

It seems so long since I could say,
    "Sister Susie sitting on a thistle!"
    Gosh oh gee, how happy I'd be,
    if I could only whistle (thhhh, thhhh)