Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...for President!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Are we still talking about Chuck Norris? :confused:

er, yeah sure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

flyton5 wrote: »
    He's just the best man for the job. Educated, well spoken etc.

Norris is so well educated that he took every major in the universe combined from every university.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

You've got to be f*cking kidding me. I swear, if there's any chance that he becomes our head of state, I'm renouncing my citizenship.

Relax dude- I was under the impression that the office of the President is essentially ceremonial. As much as I would love fresh blood as president with some innovative ideas and attitude but renoucing your citizenship because of that!:eek: plus the dude you are talking about would really be "ceremonial".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

I (would) vote for Seamus Heaney...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

We'd be looking forward to 7 years of sanctimonious lectures, god almighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'd like to see it, only to see a flaming homo welcome the pope to ireland or something.

Besides, your not even irish until you've read ulysses imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

larry murphy #1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Having Michael D as president would be like going back to school, only to find that the most annoying kid in your class had become the Head Master.

Spacedog wrote: »
    I'd like to see it, only to see a flaming homo welcome the pope to ireland or something.

F*ck it then, why not have Graham Norton instead? At least he wouldn't shove his literary tastes down your throat & tell you that you're not Irish unless you've studied Joyce.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Relax dude- I was under the impression that the office of the President is essentially ceremonial. As much as I would love fresh blood as president with some innovative ideas and attitude but renoucing your citizenship because of that!:eek: plus the dude you are talking about would really be "ceremonial".
    It's not... the Executive is a fully functional and balanced part of our government. They deal with issues of constitutionality of legislation created in the Oireachtas.

What do they teach in school these days :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

F*ck it then, why not have Graham Norton instead? At least he wouldn't shove his literary tastes down your throat & tell you that you're not Irish unless you've studied Joyce.

I think you might be on to something. Genuinely...

OisinT wrote: »
    It's not... the Executive is a fully functional and balanced part of our government. They deal with issues of constitutionality of legislation created in the Oireachtas.

What do they teach in school these days :o

Have you seen the latest book on the syllabus for Leaving Cert Honours English?

It's called "tl;dr".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Atari Jaguar
    Norris for President, if only for the opportunity to use Aras and Phoenix park puns.

But seriously our last two lawyers were lawyers, which is probably the best qualification you can have for a job as custodian on the constitution so I'd like to see that tradition continued.

That said I'd never vote for Ivana Bacik who is the successor to both Robinson and MacAleese as Reid Professor at Trinity College.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Yes it's AH foruum, yes it's late at night, yes I'm from Galway...but to all you fools knocking Micheal D, I can say hand on my heart you will not meet a more honest, well educated, well informed politican in Ireland. I'd be proud to have him as president.

What do you have against him apart from the fact that he is probaly smarter than you and the fact that he has shown he is willing to stand up for what he believes is right?

Small minded morons, go ahead take the piss, me...I just wish more politicans in Ireland were like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Norris is intelligent he will have plenty to offer apart from being a homosexual president.

laugh wrote: »
    Norris is intelligent he will have plenty to offer apart from being a homosexual president.

Well in fairness, being a homosexual is not exactly a lot to offer to the position, no more than being a hetrosexual is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Being the maddest bastard in the country will make it a hugely entertaining stint for the presidency.

Norris has my vote.

I don't think Norris has ever stated that non Joycean scholars are lesser individuals.

Well in fairness, being a homosexual is not exactly a lot to offer to the position, no more than being a hetrosexual is.

Depends, "our queen is smarter than your queen"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Sconsey wrote: »
    Yes it's AH foruum, yes it's late at night, yes I'm from Galway...but to all you fools knocking Micheal D, I can say hand on my heart you will not meet a more honest, well educated, well informed politican in Ireland. I'd be proud to have him as president.

What do you have against him apart from the fact that he is probaly smarter than you and the fact that he has shown he is willing to stand up for what he believes is right?

Small minded morons, go ahead take the piss, me...I just wish more politicans in Ireland were like him.

Bollox to that.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Sconsey

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Bollox to that.:rolleyes:

Awesome argument! you put me in my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

...I just wish more politicans in Ireland were like him.

I agree, then Dail Eireann would look more like Hogwarts.

(oh my it's very late :( )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Awesome argument! you put me in my box.

Does'nt take much with the drivel on Micheal D you posted.

I don't think Norris has ever stated that non Joycean scholars are lesser individuals.

Probably not, but this poster did...

your not even irish until you've read ulysses imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

Besides, your not even irish until you've read ulysses imo.

So, you've read Oxen of the Sun, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Higgins, Finlay, George Hook. . . .

anyone but Bertie. I'll say it as often as I have to. There are people stupid enough to put him in the Park, and he has jesters in the Spindo to do the PR for him.

anyone but Bertie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

tolosenc wrote: »
    Trappiatone?

they're the sounds Trapattoni makes as he tries vainly to speak English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Id vote for Norris. good bloke.

Bertie? You must be joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Norris for President, if only for the opportunity to use Aras and Phoenix park puns.

But seriously our last two lawyers were lawyers, which is probably the best qualification you can have for a job as custodian on the constitution so I'd like to see that tradition continued.

That said I'd never vote for Ivana Bacik who is the successor to both Robinson and MacAleese as Reid Professor at Trinity College.

really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The only time I ever see him in the papers or the news it's in a capacity of either about poor conditions for asylum seekers or protesting war or companies policies. Not sure that's the kind of guy I'd want representing us in front of the people that are our main trading partners. I likes me my moneys

Advertisement