Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info, News & Results***

Options
1606162636466»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

jaykhunter wrote: »

1st match Space cadet vs Galligan

Ha, funny gimmick with Space Cadet. I love the space walk. Total comedy gimmick, a few of these spots during a match perhaps? Might I suggest an astronaut's helmet, or a fishbowl on the head as entrance gear? Galligan's "I'm not a culchie" gimmick is great. He's definitely onto something with the 'i hate exactly what i am' gimmick, ala Mr. Garrison from South Park. He should have a finisher called the Combine Harvester.

I cant help but picture the poor guy trying to take the fishbowl off his head only for it to be stuck and as a result would have to go to a hospital to get it removed or something hahaha.

Good review jaykhunter

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'll bring a surgical hammer just in case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

In reference to tucker, Hes been wrestling up north for 6 years and has made the most phyical improvements from anyone there, the kidsa a machine! he was a skinny kid who wrestled in tracky bottoms and tshirt when UCW was around. Shows what working hard in the gym can do for anyone!

Then:
    n887350222_7323964_7690724.jpg

Now:

189507_186433374732468_100000974195028_425322_7693273_n.jpg

Why the guys getting booked everywhere, wouldnt be surprised come the end of the year hes getting booked in england and beyond!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

Thunder and Lightning will be in action on the following Dates.

No Limit Wrestling:
    Friday May 6th,
    Rivermount Boys F.C., St. Helena's Road, Finglas,
    Doors: 7pm. Tickets: €12.

No Limit Wrestling:
    Sunday May 8th,
    Thomas Davis GAA Club, Tallaght.
    Doors :6.30pm. Tickets: €12.

Main Stage Wrestling:
    Saturday May 28th
    Good Council GAA Davitt road, Drimnagh D.12
    Doors : 7:00pm. Tickets €10.

Other dates and great shows to attend:
    No Limit Wrestling:
    Saturday May 7th C.Y.M.S. Hall, Kildare Town
    Doors: 5.30pm, Bell Time: 6.00pm

More NLW and MSW shows to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭madzer

Smoshi wrote: »
    Isnt "mark" a insider word 4 fan? then arnt we all marks? :) not dat im saying i accept the behavior of yer man ther. but i dont tink you shud dismiss him as a mark when you are 1 as well. (so am i and is everybody who is a "fan").
    unless r u a wrestler?

what the hell is mark and why do they say eh instead of fan senseless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Technically, 'mark' just means fan.

In common practice, "mark" is a derogatory term aka idiot wrestling fan. It's generally just used by assholes who want to slag off other people.

If you're new to wrestling forums on the internet, beware, everyone's an asshole! (except on boards, of course) :)

Smoshi wrote: »
    With all the ngativity on this board over the past few days, i think i will try get a gud discusssion going.

What i want as a wrestlin fan in ireland is some wrestlers we can be proud of to claim as our own. i tink ther are sum great wrestlers who come from ireland but only 2 that are really known.

The current 2 best known (and2 to be most proud of) are sheamus and prince devitt. i feel proud to say i saw sheamus live be4 he made it. and i really wish i got a chance to see devitt live at least once.

who do you think wud be another irish guy to be proud of? sum1 you can say you support nowe while they r indie wrestlers.

my picks:

Dunkan disorderly: i tink he cud easuily be in ring of honor if the rite people see him

Bingo balance: hes doing tings in the uk regularly, i tink he cud go al over europe.

sean south: he doesnt wrestle here ne more (please 1 of the companies use him) but i folo his FB page and he works in england aswell.

tucker: he cud defo be in the x division imo. or in japan with devitt :):):)

what do u guys tink? i hope we can focus on the gud and the great talent ireland has. lets leave the petty BS behind :)

ill play you game

jordan dev.. from watching this guy perfome he wrestles the same every were wether house show or big show he wrestles like a tna star high flying with such crispness

maxer.... just like jordan and hes a big guy with great techniqe too

insano..... like old school wrestling with some highflying he looks like ring of honor or wwe he can change his style easy

thunder and lightning ... best tag team by far in ireland who else can compare they are great with the crowd all ways have the best match on the card so young lots of potenial they could work hmmm hard choice

owen ... one word LOOK he like the part

manson .... his gimmick unreal

tron because hes a giant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 wrestlinpenis

madzer wrote: »
    ill play you game

jordan dev.. from watching this guy perfome he wrestles the same every were wether house show or big show he wrestles like a tna star high flying with such crispness

maxer.... just like jordan and hes a big guy with great techniqe too

insano..... like old school wrestling with some highflying he looks like ring of honor or wwe he can change his style easy

thunder and lightning ... best tag team by far in ireland who else can compare they are great with the crowd all ways have the best match on the card so young lots of potenial they could work hmmm hard choice

owen ... one word LOOK he like the part

manson .... his gimmick unreal

tron because hes a giant

Eh excuse me hello kev metcalfe . . . . .

Eh excuse me hello kev metcalfe . . . . .

whos that wtas he like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 wrestlinpenis

madzer wrote: »
    whos that wtas he like

me the ballymun bruiser what do you think of him mason?

• Advertisement

me the ballymun bruiser what do you think of him mason?

his gimmick is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Can someone just ban him please?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Lots of big heads when it comes to GAA hall wrestling lately. Too many people taking the short view over the long view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Ah ya have to love the Irish Wrestling Scene at times though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DamianDunne

jaykhunter wrote: »
    4th match was t&k vs british bold
    Match of the night for me. I was skeptical about the English lads laying it heavy but both of them absolutely lived the gimmick. They did a lot of little things and big gestures that really sold you on the character. Completely over the top, and really worked the crowd up into a frenzy. These guys over-delivered IMO. Their style really complemented the Irish lads. I'd definitely continue this feud. Only bad thing was that I hated the heel turn by Mark, I get that heels can't win clean but after seeing a career end/face turn, this was completely Russorific.

Thanks for the review. 'British Bold' is actually the faction of Ryan Smile & The Dunne Bros. The tag team in this match was The Dunne Bros ("Perfect" Pete Dunne & "Delicious" Damian Dunne) who also won the DCW tag team titles. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sorry lads, thread closed for the time being. Too much nonsense, too many reported posts. Hate doing it. I will discuss it with Bounty Hunter the other mod and we will decide what is to be done from there. Nobody to blame other than a few here who are just intent on causing trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement