Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info, News & Results***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

well it would be good to see some shows up here again. The White Horse in Cootehill always had big crowds when wrestling was held there. the ceiling is a bit too low for high flyers tho which is unfortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Whiplash wrote: »
    well it would be good to see some shows up here again. The White Horse in Cootehill always had big crowds when wrestling was held there. the ceiling is a bit too low for high flyers tho which is unfortunate.

Thanks, we'll defo keep this venue in mind. Appreciate it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tommy Jackal

The date for the next Bangor Championship Wrestling event WHIPLASH! will be announced within the week. With the regular and new BCW stars appearing and also two new signees to be announced soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

On behalf of everyone at the Fight Factory I'd like to thank the 40+ group of guys who showed up this past weekend for the two day seminar with 'Prince' Fergal Devitt. It was an extraordinary learning experience for all involved and I hope everyone went away with something from it. With trainees from Holland, France, England and Northern Ireland as well as our usual bunch and some new faces the seminar was a roaring success. And the best news of all is that Mr. Devitt himself hinted at making it a more regular fixture in the future. We'll keep you posted.

Also congratulations to Barry 'B-Cool' Malone of Team Epic who won the cruiserweight tournament in a hard fought final match against Jordan Devlin. Although Malone had a much easier route to the final than Devlin it was a much deserved victory from a top quality match. Malone will now represent Ireland in the UEWA Cruiserweight title tournament in Oslo on the 21st of May. He shall be acompanied by his tag team partner Dean 'D-Max' Maxwell which could prove to be a big advantage, as it was last sunday. We wish Barry the best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

WEEKEND MAYHEM

oh...oh...oh. seen what you did there :P

Friday 8th May
    Riverside Boys F.C.
    Tickets €12 at the door
    Doors open 7pm, Bell Time 7.30pm

Saturday 7th May
    CYMS Hall, Kildare Town
    Tickets €10 at the door
    *THIS SHOW IS A CHARITY SHOW. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO GLOBAL ACTION*
    Doors open 5.30pm, Bell Time 6pm

Sunday 8th May
    Thomas Davis GAA Hall, Tallaght
    Tickets €12 at the door
    Doors open 6.30pm, Bell Time 7pm

I cant help myself :D Im sorry :D

1, so the 8th of may is both a friday and a Sunday and saturday is the 7th of may? :D
    2, but to be serious, about global action charity event? ... I guess thats nice of you guys. Wrestling Indies dont run many charitiy events. So fair play to NLW. Im sure we can take your word that you guys will donate all the charity proceeds. Its good to see you guys are running an event not only for yourself, but for the good of people too.

• Advertisement

CoolHat wrote: »
    oh...oh...oh. seen what you did there :P

I cant help myself :D Im sorry :D

1, so the 8th of may is both a friday and a Sunday and saturday is the 7th of may? :D
    2, but to be serious, about global action charity event? ... I guess thats nice of you guys. Wrestling Indies dont run many charitiy events. So fair play to NLW. Im sure we can take your word that you guys will donate all the charity proceeds. Its good to see you guys are running an event not only for yourself, but for the good of people too.

Damn!!! Sorry folks. My bad!! Dates are of course, Friday 6th (Finglas), Saturday 7th(Kildare) , Sunday 8th May (Tallaght).

Here's the breakdown of the charity show.... Our own Danny Butler is heading to Kenya in the Summer to work with Global Action. ALL proceeds will go towards getting Danny and friends over there to do vital work with this great charity. Hopefully at least SOME members here on boards will be able to come and support this event. We need a good turn out at this event to make the needed funds. So please do come and support. A great show is promised aswell. Already announced is Shawn Maxer Vs. NLW Champion Sir Paul Tracey. More matches for this event will be announced in the coming days and weeks.

Ah now tommy ya had to go and steal my name for event didnt you tut tut tut. i should demand royalties! :P

Ah now tommy ya had to go and steal my name for event didnt you tut tut tut. i should demand royalties! :P

It's a compliment to your greatness lol

We at BCW are pleased to announce the signing of Irish wrestler Darren Holmes and his valet Siren for out next show Whiplash. Date to be announced soon.

oh tommy you try to flatter me! and its working! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Hello lads :)

The old computer took a tumble durin the week, so sorry if this post is a few days late!

I went along to the DCW mania show there on saturday. After gettin feckin drenchd on the way in, me head was a bit wrecked & i was in no mood for cheerin & booin and all that. until i saw the open bar :D

I thought this show was deadly! Loadsa people there, real load too! It was a great atmosphere. And ya knew it was something big with the DCW title being decided.

From what i remember, the tag title match was gud. I was sad to seethe family lose. t&k arent as deservin imho. But it was a gud match anyway and the lads did look delighted.

Tucker vs Toxic something or other? Didnt his name. The match was ok, i really like tucker but the other lad was well bad imho. He lookd middle aged and slow. Where was bingo or insano? wouldve been a much better match.

Holmes vs lycan in the thumbtacks match; that was great! They built it up really well where they kept reversing the slam attempts and that. i really like lycan aswell. gotta respect a guy with a beard like that.

The 6 man ladder match was good to. But i thought the wrong man won. had only seen andy phoenix at the last dcw event, and i dont tink much of him tbh. All star Idol was good though. I look foreward to more from him.

The 2 foreign lads had a decent match aswell. Thougg it started to drag in the middle. Coulda done with bein abit shorter. I like pegasus though, bring him back DCW :)

There was also a womans match but it was utter sh**e! no offence to the ladies involved but that was a poor effort for a show like this one.

the tag match with space cadet & Workin class john agaimnst galligan & la warren was abit meh aswell. they did a dance of in the middle that was abit too silly for me.i like space cadet though, he plays the character well. still not a fan of WC john, but he did get a good reaction from the crowd.

The main event was really good. But i didnt kno it was elimination untiol danny deans was gone. i thought bruiser had turnd heel or something when he helpd viper pin him. was also sad to see dragon and deans as the first 2 out. they have more history with bruiser (who won) that viper does so i think the match sufffered for that.

it was a realy good show though over all! and there was very little angles or anything, and no run ins or swerves. so much better than the last one :)

i got to talk to a few of the lads aswell. t&k were nice but abit quiet. marc savage (ther manager) i didnt like him. blanked me the bastard! bruiser was sound, came out with the belt aftwr the show and was sayin hello to people. bam katraz was ther aswell, i waffled the ear off him but he was sound. danny deans was there to but he lookd real pissed off. i dont know if he was in character or wat buit i didnt go near him :)

anyway,. real good show DCW! ill defo be down to the gym shiows this weekend provided theres no car trouble :D

We at BCW are pleased to announce the signing of Irish wrestler Brother Skelly for out next show Whiplash. Date to be announced soon.

As part of Weekend Mayhem, I am happy to announce the return of "All Star" Anthony Idol to No Limit Wrestling. Idol will compete on the Saturday May 7th Charity Show in Kildare town. So far, two matches have been confirmed:

NLW World Title Match:
    "Lord of the Manor" Sir Paul Tracey (c) Vs. Shawn Maxer

OMEN Vs. "All Star" Anthony Idol

Also, while I can't confirm the participants at this time, I can confirm that a Ladder Match will take place on Sunday 8th May, in Tallaght. Show details below.

WEEKEND MAYHEM

Friday 6th May
    Riverside Boys F.C.
    Tickets €12 at the door

Saturday 7th May
    CYMS Hall, Kildare Town
    Tickets €10 at the door

Sunday 8th May

Tickets €12 at the door

***COMING SOON: NLW 5th Anniversary Show!!!***

Delighted to see Antony Idol doing more shows. I'll be at the NLW show in tallaght. Cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

TheTwiz wrote: »
    If you attend the classes on Sunday, do you have to go to the sign up on Sat?

You can just show up on the Sunday and take the classes

Come along to the official launch of the DCW Wrestling School

10:30am Sign Up & Official opening

11am - 1pm Take a class with "Zenith Of Zero Gravity" Bingo Ballance

2pm - 5pm Take a class with the DCW Heavyweight Champion "The Man With The Golden Can" Ballymun Bruiser

5pm - 6pm Check out the first ever DCW house show featuring the DCW Heavyweight Champion Ballymun Bruiser, DCW Original Danny "The Pain" Deans, Kevin Sean Roxx, Galligan and many more

dcwwrestlingschool@gmail.com

€10 per class
    €20 for 3 classes per week

Sunday 12-3pm Train with Bam Katraz

3pm-4pm DCW House show featuring DCW Original Danny "The Pain" Deans, Kevin Sean Roxx, DCW Tag Team Champion Karl Brien, Space Cadet and more

www.dublinwrestling.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

The following is a quick recap of the UEWA Cruiserweight Qualifcation Tournament held in Bray on 3rd of April 2011.

We had 2 guest entries from our friends at Pro Wrestling Holland in the form of Andrew Patterson & Lloyd Pengel plus other Wrestlers from NLW, FFPW, MSW & BCW. Before the Tournament started Justin Shape failed the weigh-in and was disqualfied. A Cruiserweight Scramble Match would decide who would take Justin Shape's spot.

Match 1: UEWA Cruiserweight Qualifcation Match 1st Round Fatal 4 Way

B.Cool of Team Epic Def. Karl Brien, Kev McDermott & Sammy D

Match 2: UEWA Cruiserweight Scramble Over The Top Rope Battle Royal

Justin Cognito last elimanted Lorcan Byrne to Qualify for the Tournament

Match 3: UEWA Cruiserweight Qualifcation Match 1st Round Fatal 4 Way

Jordan Devlin Def. Justin Cognito, Sean 'Maxer' Brennan & Philly The Kid

Match 4: 6-Person Tag Team Match

Danny Butler & The Owens Twins Def. Aaron Atari, Enrico Lauro & D. Max

Match 5: UEWA Cruiserweight Qualifcation Match 1st Round Fatal 4 Way

Tucker Def. Loco Magico, Kev Rocks & Andrew Patterson

Match 6: UEWA Cruiserweight Qualifcation Match 1st Round Fatal 4 Way

Insano Def. Lloyd Pengel, Brother Skelly & Toxic

(After the match D.Max of Team Epic attacked Insano with a Steel Bar focusing his attack on Insano's leg)

Match 7: Heavyweight Contest:

Balrog Def. Damien Corvin

Match 8: UEWA Cruiserweight Qualifcation Match Semi Final

B. Cool got a BYE to the Final due to Insano's injury

Match 9: UEWA Cruiserweight Qualifcation Match Semi Final

Jordan Devlin Def. Tucker

Match 10: UEWA Cruiserweight Qualifcation Match - FINAL

B. Cool Def Jordan Devlin

As a result B. Cool will represent FFPW at the UEWA Cruiserweight Championship Tournament in Oslo, Norway on the 21st of May 2011. Everyone at FFPW would like to wish B. Cool the best of luck in the tournament, more information about the tournmanet can be found at www.uewa.eu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 dcw4life

Like The Green Isle Hotel in Clondalkin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 dcw4life

Smoshi wrote: »
    Hello lads :)

The old computer took a tumble durin the week, so sorry if this post is a few days late!

I went along to the DCW mania show there on saturday. After gettin feckin drenchd on the way in, me head was a bit wrecked & i was in no mood for cheerin & booin and all that. until i saw the open bar :D

I thought this show was deadly! Loadsa people there, real load too! It was a great atmosphere. And ya knew it was something big with the DCW title being decided.

From what i remember, the tag title match was gud. I was sad to seethe family lose. t&k arent as deservin imho. But it was a gud match anyway and the lads did look delighted.

Tucker vs Toxic something or other? Didnt his name. The match was ok, i really like tucker but the other lad was well bad imho. He lookd middle aged and slow. Where was bingo or insano? wouldve been a much better match.

Holmes vs lycan in the thumbtacks match; that was great! They built it up really well where they kept reversing the slam attempts and that. i really like lycan aswell. gotta respect a guy with a beard like that.

The 6 man ladder match was good to. But i thought the wrong man won. had only seen andy phoenix at the last dcw event, and i dont tink much of him tbh. All star Idol was good though. I look foreward to more from him.

The 2 foreign lads had a decent match aswell. Thougg it started to drag in the middle. Coulda done with bein abit shorter. I like pegasus though, bring him back DCW :)

There was also a womans match but it was utter sh**e! no offence to the ladies involved but that was a poor effort for a show like this one.

the tag match with space cadet & Workin class john agaimnst galligan & la warren was abit meh aswell. they did a dance of in the middle that was abit too silly for me.i like space cadet though, he plays the character well. still not a fan of WC john, but he did get a good reaction from the crowd.

The main event was really good. But i didnt kno it was elimination untiol danny deans was gone. i thought bruiser had turnd heel or something when he helpd viper pin him. was also sad to see dragon and deans as the first 2 out. they have more history with bruiser (who won) that viper does so i think the match sufffered for that.

it was a realy good show though over all! and there was very little angles or anything, and no run ins or swerves. so much better than the last one :)

i got to talk to a few of the lads aswell. t&k were nice but abit quiet. marc savage (ther manager) i didnt like him. blanked me the bastard! bruiser was sound, came out with the belt aftwr the show and was sayin hello to people. bam katraz was ther aswell, i waffled the ear off him but he was sound. danny deans was there to but he lookd real pissed off. i dont know if he was in character or wat buit i didnt go near him :)

anyway,. real good show DCW! ill defo be down to the gym shiows this weekend provided theres no car trouble :D

really dont think DCW should book the two women again everything else was very enjoyable and the crowd was into it great atmosphere throughout the night was well worth the trip from the North County Liked the new set they had. T & K Lycan and Darren Holmes were presented much better on the DCW show than the one a week previous loved the "This is awesome" chants you dont hear that anywhere else on the scene Bruiser and Viper looked like they were knocking seven shades of **** out of each other I take on board what you say about Phoenix but I think DCW will give him a nice build before he cashes in his briefcase I also found Deans to be very rude after the show but I suppose it was understandable with him being eliminated first

Gym shows should be good fun this weekend Aftermath April 30th

Dare I be so blunt, there are two problems:
    Hopefully at least SOME members here on boards will be able to come and support this event. We need a good turn out at this event to make the needed funds. So please do come and support.

Lets be honest, at show time for any event you always get the cliche "oh lads cant make it this XXXday, im busy" etc etc :rolleyes: Which always annoys me. Like, you wanna go, you go. You dont wanna go, you dont go :rolleyes: this whole "sorry lads" is all crap.
    Our own Danny Butler is heading to Kenya in the Summer to work with Global Action. ALL proceeds will go towards getting Danny and friends over there to do vital work with this great charity.

To be blunt Coleman, you probably should'nt of went into detail of what the event is aiming to do for charity. Your original post of "global action charitiy event" would of done. As it stands right now all this event does is to give Danny Butler (and friends) a free plane fare over to Kenya to "help" ...

Thats like me saying I want to go over and help the affected areas of Japan, but only if the costly plane fare over is not coming out of my pocket.

• Advertisement

It must be horrible having such a bleak view of the human race. Global action send over people to some of the poorest areas in the world with food, clothes , educational equipment and much needed medical supplies. As far I know there is a deal with the airline that the tickets are free or as near to free as possible as long as each person reachesa certain sponsorship target. The wrestling show isn't the only thing organised there have been bag packing, quiz nights, music festivals and much more to come. To say that the lads doing this have only the intentions of going on a holiday is just plain stupid. Where are they going to go, 'malnutrition land'? I hear the famine-coaster is crazy. You're better off going back under your bridge now troll.

To be blunt Coleman, you probably should'nt of went into detail of what the event is aiming to do for charity. Your original post of "global action charitiy event" would of done. As it stands right now all this event does is to give Danny Butler (and friends) a free plane fare over to Kenya to "help" ...

Thats like me saying I want to go over and help the affected areas of Japan, but only if the costly plane fare over is not coming out of my pocket.

Why would you even say this? Very bizzare that you could think about posting this and still do it. Those lads are not going on a holiday. They are going to do some much needed work in the developing world. I believe the main goal is to get a school built. They are working with Global Action to do this. And anyone that buys a ticket deserves to know where their €10 is going. These places need PEOPLE to physically go and help!! They're not just sticking their change in a box beside a Spar till, they are actually going to help people that need help. Shocking that you would post this mate, just shocking.

dcw4life wrote: »
    really dont think DCW should book the two women again everything else was very enjoyable and the crowd was into it great atmosphere throughout the night was well worth the trip from the North County Liked the new set they had. T & K Lycan and Darren Holmes were presented much better on the DCW show than the one a week previous loved the "This is awesome" chants you dont hear that anywhere else on the scene Bruiser and Viper looked like they were knocking seven shades of **** out of each other I take on board what you say about Phoenix but I think DCW will give him a nice build before he cashes in his briefcase I also found Deans to be very rude after the show but I suppose it was understandable with him being eliminated first

Gym shows should be good fun this weekend Aftermath April 30th

Yeah man it was a good night. Im not doubtin andy phoenix as a wrestler, i just havent seen anyting special about him yet. Antony idol on the otherhand made a great impression on me. But ill be interested to see how they build up phoenix for this big cash in.

Our own Danny Butler is heading to Kenya in the Summer to work with Global Action. ALL proceeds will go towards getting Danny and friends over there to do vital work with this great charity.

Fair play to nlw & danny butler for doing this. whatever way you look at it, the lads wont be pocketing any money for the show & it is being put into getting more able bodied people over there to help rebuild. thats a a great thing to do, dont try make it into a negative for no good reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7emTPrT9NWc&feature=share

Trailer for the now available DCW: Dublin City Mania Event.
    See T & K take the Tag Team Championship Titles, See Lycan take on Darren Holmes in a 10,000 Thumbtacks Match, See a 6 Man Ladder Match, The 1st DCW Women's Match, The Fatal Four Way Elimination Match to crown the 1st ever DCW World Champion!!

All this and much much more!!

Order yours today from www.dublinwrestling.ie for only €12.00 inc P&P Worldwide, or for only €10.00 at all DCW Live Events

You're better off going back under your bridge now troll.

Ah yes Justin. Once again stepping forward to defend any negitive opinion (with passion) about FFPW, NLW or its workers. Like clock work ;) I do believe the whole post by Gimmick a while back proved all. When he attended the recent advertised NLW steel cage match show and he went on to say "wrestling was sub-par" ... you jumped to defend NLW's honor... like the white knight you are ... I dunno, maybe its just me or maybe the fact you are booked on those shows (nlw) and are running FFPW has something to do with you being biast with posts. I dunno again 'maybe its just me' - I mean if I slagged DCW im sure you would jump to their honor too? ... oh, wait.
    Shocking that you would post this mate, just shocking.

At the risk of sounding rude.... stop with your shocking comments.
    Lets be real for a second. You have said "all procceds" goto charity. So thats after the venue gets paid for, the petrol money for the van to transport the ring is paid for, the boys get paid etc etc. then whatever after goes to danny butler and friends to help. So thats not self-serving at all? ... not to mention i'm sure any merch you will sell will goto charity too, right?

Say i'm wrong, but isnt charitiy about giving yourself? rather than expecting someone else to give? (the crowd in this case)

Dont you start bad mouthing DCW now just to prove your point. I've got some friends in there. At this particular argument of yours i might just leave it it now looks like your becoming desperate with your trolling. The effort you're putting in to rub people up the wrong way is now just pitifull. To question the intentions of a charity, you're an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ah yes Justin. Once again stepping forward to defend any negitive opinion (with passion) about FFPW, NLW or its workers. Like clock work ;) I do believe the whole post by Gimmick a while back proved all. When he attended the recent advertised NLW steel cage match show and he went on to say "wrestling was sub-par" ... you jumped to defend NLW's honor... like the white knight you are ... I dunno, maybe its just me or maybe the fact you are booked on those shows (nlw) and are running FFPW has something to do with you being biast with posts. I dunno again 'maybe its just me' - I mean if I slagged DCW im sure you would jump to their honor too? ... oh, wait.

At the risk of sounding rude.... stop with your shocking comments.
    Lets be real for a second. You have said "all procceds" goto charity. So thats after the venue gets paid for, the petrol money for the van to transport the ring is paid for, the boys get paid etc etc. then whatever after goes to danny butler and friends to help. So thats not self-serving at all? ... not to mention i'm sure any merch you will sell will goto charity too, right?

Say i'm wrong, but isnt charitiy about giving yourself? rather than expecting someone else to give? (the crowd in this case)

Not that I feel I have to, but I WANT to clear this up. The CYMS Hall in Kildare are supplying the hall at a VERY reduced price. This is our ONLY expense. Posters and flyers have been kindly printed free of charge, the ring van driver is kindly offering his services free of charge also, nobody is getting paid for working this show (duh!). So after the very small amount for the venue, ALL...I'll repeat for you... ALL Proceeds will go towards chairty and getting the lads over to work in Kenya. If you think this isn't a worthy cause, that's your own business. But for anyone that is genuinely wondering, All money from ticket sales and merchandise sales will go to charity. Everyone involved is GIVING. You have no reason to question or doubt what we're doing here. It's.... dare I say.... shocking... and confusing, that you seem hell bent on proving we are up to no good.

And to suggest Danny and friends are going on a holiday is ignorant. These places need people on the ground there working. They don't just need the odd 50 cents thrown into a box. Anyway, where do you think all that money goes? Newsflash, alot of it goes towards getting people to developing countries to build schools, orphanages, hospitals etc. These lads are selfless and I commend them and am happy to be able to help get them there through NLW. Thanks for your interest in this coolhat, hope to see u there on the 7th!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cabray

NO LIMIT WRESTLING presents
    130600979a1487388804b629537366l.jpg
    WEEKEND MAYHEM

BEST OF THE BEST NIGHT 1
    Friday 6th May
    Rivermount Boys F.C. Finglas
    Tickets €12 at the door

Matches Signed

Battle of Finglas
    Paddy Morrow Vs Robbie Morrissey

Also Set To Appear
    OMEN
    Lord Paul Tracy NLW Champion
    Thunder and Lightning Making Their NLW Debuts
    Kasey Owens
    Phil The Thrill
    and many more

BEST OF THE BEST NIGHT 2
    Sunday 8th May
    Tickets €12 at the door

Matches Signed

NLW championship
    Lord Paul Tracy (C) Vs Dunkan Disorderly
    Mixed Tag
    Rachelle StClair and Phil the Thrill Vs Kasey Owens and Bonesaw Mcgraw

Also Set To Appear
    Insano
    Justin Shape
    Sean Maxer
    Tucker
    and many more
    23m8wb7.jpg
    Limited amount of tickets are on sale now at wrestling mania on the top floor of St Stephens Green shopping centre. Presale price 10Euro
    More names and matches are to be announced in the coming weeks.
    Please be sure to support
    Saturday 7th May
    CYMS Hall, Kildare Town
    Tickets €10 at the door

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement