Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info, News & Results***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Would just like to confirm at this juncture that I am indeed the Flah and have always been.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 That_Chick

whos paul short is he some iww wrestler?

some muppet who made a fake account

and yes im the blonde girl in dcw lol ...or that chick as im called a lot these days ha

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

seeing as we are all revealing ourselves well i may join in. I'm Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

And I know for a fact that Justin Ternet is infact Bin Laden. I find that he is posting recently makes me feel a little scared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Dude just give it up,everyone knows you're lying.
    If you're going to pretend to be someone at least be funny or something.

I have to agree with Aisling Wrestlinpenis your not Kevin Metcalfe, I know both very well so people can we get back onto talking about wrestling and not act such immature and pretend to be someone your not, I personally know both Aisling and Kevin and they are great people so mods can you put stop to this crap please

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 wrestlinpenis

d1975 wrote: »
    I have to agree with Aisling Wrestlinpenis your not Kevin Metcalfe, I know both very well so people can we get back onto talking about wrestling and not act such immature and pretend to be someone your not, I personally know both Aisling and Kevin and they are great people so mods can you put stop to this crap please
    Are you marc Savage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

No,

d1975 wrote: »
    No,

hahaha yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Right lads, I have deleted a bunch of posts again in relation to a certain poster pretending to be a certain wrestler. This thread is getting extremely childish again, and it kind of supports the idea that all the muppetry should be kept in one thread. If we were to allow it throughout the forum, it would turn people off posting here regularly very quickly.

If it kicks off again the thread will be closed indefinitely. If and when we re open it, all posts will have to be validated before "publishing".

I really do not want it to come to that. But now that the easter holidays are finished it may calm down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Teaser Video for NLW featuring OMEN, Sir Paul Tracey, Shawn Maxer, Dunkan Disorderly and "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5lS-Cx5oQk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 That_Chick

great video man, id say the show ill be great

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Teaser Video for NLW featuring OMEN, Sir Paul Tracey, Shawn Maxer, Dunkan Disorderly and "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5lS-Cx5oQk

That's awesome. Well done. There are some TV watermarks sometimes, are these from a tournament or something? :eek: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's awesome. Well done. There are some TV watermarks sometimes, are these from a tournament or something? :eek: :)

It's from AWR shows in France that were on TV there.

Sorry for earlier when I was revealing who I really was.

Sorry for earlier when I was revealing who I really was.

What's the difference between you and me? I'm not wearing hockey pads

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What's the difference between you and me? I'm not wearing hockey pads

Good Joke mate, still mates?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭madzer

can we stop all this crap of revealing whats the point its just taking away from wrestling wrestlepenis your obviously on this to take the piss your name is wrestlePENIS come on like and you have no posts so can we get back to wrestling dcw4life your so biased why is all the fighting going on and very proffessional blaming all other wrestlers on ****ing on your show than taking critism .

madzer wrote: »
    can we stop all this crap of revealing whats the point its just taking away from wrestling wrestlepenis your obviously on this to take the piss your name is wrestlePENIS come on like and you have no posts so can we get back to wrestling dcw4life your so biased why is all the fighting going on and very proffessional blaming all other wrestlers on ****ing on your show than taking critism .

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

On the 6th. 7th & 8th of May. Some of FFPW's Talent will be making their full debuts with Ireland's No. 1 promotion 'No Limit Wrestling'

Sammy D & Team EPIC are already confirmed for Kildare & Tallaght.

Speaking of Team EPIC.. After winning a 16-man cruiserweight invitational tournament back in April. B.Cool is heading to Oslo, Norway on the 21st of May to compete for the UEWA European Cruiserweight Championship. As always he will be accompanied by his EPIC tag team partner D. Max.

Also on the 21st of May, FFPW Trainers Phily The Kid, Jordan Devlin, Sir Paul Tracey & Fergal 'Prince' Devitt will be heading to Maidstone, Kent in the UK for Hammerlock Wrestling's Andre Baker memorial show.

And... Sean 'Maxer' Brennan is in Germany for CWN to defend his CWN Middleweight Championship on the 21st of May also.

And on the 28th of May a heap of FFPW based talent & other top stars from Ireland will be heading up to Belfast for an NLW show in the David Lloyd sports hall.

For more information on any of these shows contact NLW_Colman here.
    E-Mail: info@fightfactoryprowrestling.com or 'Like' Fight Factory Pro Wrestling & No Limit Wrestling on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭madzer

Sorry

are you a wrestler?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

He seems to the same idiot on Facebook called Paul short, who was apparntly a guy who trained at Mainstage and couldnt grasp that wrestling was a work and pretty became an anoyance to everyone there and was asked to leave, ever since then hes been a pain to guys on facebook if youve seen any of his posts, referring to lycan and the undertaker and danny deans as the bossman etc Idiot mark who just annoys everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    He seems to the same idiot on Facebook called Paul short, who was apparntly a guy who trained at Mainstage and couldnt grasp that wrestling was a work and pretty became an anoyance to everyone there and was asked to leave, ever since then hes been a pain to guys on facebook if youve seen any of his posts, referring to lycan and the undertaker and danny deans as the bossman etc Idiot mark who just annoys everyone.

Isnt "mark" a insider word 4 fan? then arnt we all marks? :) not dat im saying i accept the behavior of yer man ther. but i dont tink you shud dismiss him as a mark when you are 1 as well. (so am i and is everybody who is a "fan").
    unless r u a wrestler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Everyones a fan, i just know from other boards i go onto refering to someone as a "Mark" is kind of like a put down, In the old sense that they dont get it, Thats its entertainment and not real.

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    Everyones a fan, i just know from other boards i go onto refering to someone as a "Mark" is kind of like a put down, In the old sense that they dont get it, Thats its entertainment and not real.

Ah i see and i understand. thanks 4 replyin in a non aggressive manner. poor irish wrestlin board is takin a hammering lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

there is a new poll at www.dublinwrestling.ie

With all the ngativity on this board over the past few days, i think i will try get a gud discusssion going.

What i want as a wrestlin fan in ireland is some wrestlers we can be proud of to claim as our own. i tink ther are sum great wrestlers who come from ireland but only 2 that are really known.

The current 2 best known (and2 to be most proud of) are sheamus and prince devitt. i feel proud to say i saw sheamus live be4 he made it. and i really wish i got a chance to see devitt live at least once.

who do you think wud be another irish guy to be proud of? sum1 you can say you support nowe while they r indie wrestlers.

my picks:

Dunkan disorderly: i tink he cud easuily be in ring of honor if the rite people see him

Bingo balance: hes doing tings in the uk regularly, i tink he cud go al over europe.

sean south: he doesnt wrestle here ne more (please 1 of the companies use him) but i folo his FB page and he works in england aswell.

tucker: he cud defo be in the x division imo. or in japan with devitt :):):)

what do u guys tink? i hope we can focus on the gud and the great talent ireland has. lets leave the petty BS behind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

The longest title reign in IwW came to an end this past weekend. Before the match Mandrake cutting a shocking promo on fans who had supported him the past 3 years saying he played them all like puppets. The Supermodel of all people came to defend the fans talking about being more humble after his TV3 & RTE appearances. It took 3 "Nose jobs" finishers to finally end Mandrakes impressive 3 year reign & crown The Supermodel the 6th International Heavyweight Champion. (Pictures & videos to follow)

In other news two more IwW trainees made their Debut with Crusher Finn coming up short to IwW's Captain Rooney & the masked Deathwish making his debut in 6 Man & Rumble outings.

Wicklow

Skaterboy Jeebus beat Salem Soultaker

Tat2 Charlie pinned Walter Alexander

TJ Meehan overcame Paddy Whack

Skaterboy Jeebus, Tat2 Charlie & Paddy Whack defeated Salem Soultaker, Walter Alexander & TJ Meehan

Mandrake retained his IwW Int Championship against The Supermodel

Offaly

Captain Rooney pinned Crusher Finn

Tat2 Charlie overcame Skaterboy Jeebus

TJ Meehan beat Walter Alexander

TJ Meehan won an 8 Man Rumble

The Supermodel beat Mandrake for the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

Carlow

Walter Alexander pinned TJ Meehan

Tat2 Charlie beat Crusher Finn

Mandrake retained his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against Skaterboy Jeebus

Skaterboy Jeebus, Deathwish, Walter Alexander & Crusher Finn defeated The Galway Grappler, Mandrake, Tat2 Charlie & TJ Meehan

The Supermodel retained his IwW Int Heavyweight Championship against Soultaker Salem

Thanks to all the fans who supported us the weekend!

1zey1lk.jpg

For training please contact
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002350872333&sk=wall
    IwW on FB
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136554013045004
    Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/irishwhipwrestling

Good Joke mate, still mates?

we're always good. Sure i'm new to this thread :P I don't have beef with anyone on here (that i know of, lol) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Stroller

The longest title reign in IwW came to an end this past weekend. Before the match Mandrake cutting a shocking promo on fans who had supported him the past 3 years saying he played them all like puppets. The Supermodel of all people came to defend the fans talking about being more humble after his TV3 & RTE appearances. It took 3 "Nose jobs" finishers to finally end Mandrakes impressive 3 year reign & crown The Supermodel the 6th International Heavyweight Champion. (Pictures & videos to follow)

In other news two more IwW trainees made their Debut with Crusher Finn coming up short to IwW's Captain Rooney & the masked Deathwish making his debut in 6 Man & Rumble outings.

Wicklow

Skaterboy Jeebus beat Salem Soultaker

Tat2 Charlie pinned Walter Alexander

TJ Meehan overcame Paddy Whack

Skaterboy Jeebus, Tat2 Charlie & Paddy Whack defeated Salem Soultaker, Walter Alexander & TJ Meehan

Mandrake retained his IwW Int Championship against The Supermodel

Offaly

Captain Rooney pinned Crusher Finn

Tat2 Charlie overcame Skaterboy Jeebus

TJ Meehan beat Walter Alexander

TJ Meehan won an 8 Man Rumble

The Supermodel beat Mandrake for the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

Carlow

Walter Alexander pinned TJ Meehan

Tat2 Charlie beat Crusher Finn

Mandrake retained his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against Skaterboy Jeebus

Skaterboy Jeebus, Deathwish, Walter Alexander & Crusher Finn defeated The Galway Grappler, Mandrake, Tat2 Charlie & TJ Meehan

The Supermodel retained his IwW Int Heavyweight Championship against Soultaker Salem

Thanks to all the fans who supported us the weekend!

1zey1lk.jpg

For training please contact
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002350872333&sk=wall
    IwW on FB
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136554013045004
    Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/irishwhipwrestling

I was at the show in Arklow. Brought my daughter it was her first live wrestling event. We had a great night. All the matches were good and the wrestlers really interacted well with the fans. Mandrake was fantastic as was The Supermodel in the main event. Well done IwW!

• Advertisement

OK here's my thoughts on the show, this is a fan's perspective, I hope it's constructive. Before I start, well done and great job to everyone participating. It's easy to sit back and critique but hugely different to actually go out there and perform. I can only imagine how hard it is to get over a gimmick/character in 10-15 minutes total. Before you get annoyed at what I've written, I'm not saying I can do any better. This is a critique from a hardcore wrestling fan's PoV. But if you want me to expound on anything I'd love to.

You guys love your factions! It's very TNA. Since it would've been many people's first show, it'd be best to have clear divisons of who's where and keep it like that for a while...I felt it was not clear enough who's what, especially since people do double duty. An opening promo from the heel faction/face faction would've sorted that out.

Siren/Ballymun Bruiser segment
    There's money in that "American" gimmick. So much potential in it. Working the crowd with some easy heel heat, some catchphrases would go down a treat. I didn't get what she was really referring to, who she's aligned with etc. I flipped out (in an angry sense) when I saw Bruiser do an RKO. I agree it's a fantastic move but it's possibly the most recognised (so biggest rip-off) move in wrestling. Even doing the Stunner would be an improvement since Austin isn't on RAW (and SmackDown) doing it each week. Even a flying neckbreaker would be a million times better. You could call it the nightcap? (alcohol/dutch gold reference)

1st match Space cadet vs Galligan

Ha, funny gimmick with Space Cadet. I love the space walk. Total comedy gimmick, a few of these spots during a match perhaps? Might I suggest an astronaut's helmet, or a fishbowl on the head as entrance gear? Galligan's "I'm not a culchie" gimmick is great. He's definitely onto something with the 'i hate exactly what i am' gimmick, ala Mr. Garrison from South Park. He should have a finisher called the Combine Harvester.

2nd match was Darren Holmes vs Lycan : Career vs Secret match
    Far too soon for a match with this huge stip. I know DCW isn't around long but it's too much too soon. Wasn't feeling this match at all, felt it dragged, didn't approve the face turn at the end. I'm also not a fan of a GAA/football gimmick :( Sorry.

3rd match was Kevin Rokk vs Tucker

Tucker's in crazy gladiator shape. I take it he transferred from MMA or something? He did a lot of nice moves but i didn't see any personality. He could be built as either the stereotype good-guy face or Ivan Drago him up into an unstoppable killing machine. I'd be game for the latter. It feels that Kevin is a bad fit for Father Soul; i feel he could blossom better outside being part of someone else's heel faction.
    Father Soul is a tremendous gimmick and should be the mouthpiece for anyone that can't cut a great promo. I haven't seen him cut a promo but judging by his facials I imagine they're great.

4th match was t&k vs british bold
    Match of the night for me. I was skeptical about the English lads laying it heavy but both of them absolutely lived the gimmick. They did a lot of little things and big gestures that really sold you on the character. Completely over the top, and really worked the crowd up into a frenzy. These guys over-delivered IMO. Their style really complemented the Irish lads. I'd definitely continue this feud. Only bad thing was that I hated the heel turn by Mark, I get that heels can't win clean but after seeing a career end/face turn, this was completely Russorific.

Intermission
    Great place to put an intermission after that high.

5th match : Working Class John vs LA Warren : Servant vs Hair match
    Solid gimmick John, LA Warren had a kid rock thing going on ;) . Unnecessary double stip match. I didn't enjoy this one, sorry. I really think some promos were needed to get the stip over. I did like when LA Warren used his hair as a weapon though.

6th was Anthony Idol vs Andy Phoenix
    I'd repackage Phoenix as an Alex Wright-type character. I just see German heel when I saw him. Was shocked that the "You cheated" chant got over so well.

I think 7 matches is more than enough; I was getting burnt out by this stage. It could've been that the show was running long?

7th match : Danny Deans vs Irish Dragon
    Ha, everyone's wearing the same black suit. It must be a thing :) I've got one too lol. I thought this match had the best story to it; in that Irish Dragon was constantly trying to hit the superkick. Lots of false finishes, it went into "X7 mode" (i.e WrestleMania X7; where Rock and Austin kept kicking out of each other's finishers), as did too many other matches on the card. I was hoping Danny would use more 'big man' spots but i guess it's very hard to do that as a face. The crowd loved it though, as a wrestling match I felt it went on too long.

Thought it was great seeing Dave Power, haven't seen him in a good while. The executioner is straight out of the 80s NWA, wouldn't be keen on Exie vs Danny though. Unless you're an authority figure, I'd recommend against wearing a suit. It feels like TNA where there's 10 people in charge :P

French guy's promo seemed really off, (is he actually french? Or maybe can speak a few lines of french? - heat magnet) as was the kayfabe-jarring rebuttal, I didn't like this segment at all.

Main Event : Bruiser vs Vic Viper
    Was a schmoz match with many run-ins and brawls. I get the story of the feud means it can't be a wrestling match, but after a lot of similar matches, I wasn't into it. Storyline-wise the face can't go over every time, but I reckon just tape the beat down, and then do a face comeback (which wouldn't be canon, so the crowd could go home happy every show). Also it was hard to distinguish who was part of what faction - i'm sure this'll come over time but maybe everyone in a faction have the same t-shirt?

Final Thoughts :
    Again, I don't mean this as a slight, you guys did a great job putting on a show that the audience loved. Here's my constructive criticism :
    • Too many stipulations/storyline developments/turns. There were two face turns and a heel turn, a career end, a servant placed, amongst a sea of other stips and tons of brawling. Vince Russo would be proud. It was horrible, far far too much.
    • I know people get more into characters and storylines, but I'd suggest doing either in-ring (or even better : pre-taped vignettes, and project them onto the wall so the crowd can see) instead of having storyline development your only means of getting characters over.
    • Also to help do that, consider having commentators? Having a minute or two of them running down the match, who they are and why they're fighting would make people much more invested in the match.
    • I found that a lot of the matches were just one spot to the next, as opposed to a story with spots. I know that this is an extremely hard thing to do and will come with time, but as a wrestling fan it was really apparent.
    • Far too many "X7s" on the PPV. Every match can't rely on false finishes for drama. Otherwise how can finishers get over? (Commentators could help with this no end)
    • The whole show went on for too long, 8 matches is too many. I'd have 6 max; and just have a mix promos/vignettes.
    • On the subject of music, no two wrestlers should ever use the same band, it makes them much less specific. Also, try to stay away from hugely mainstream bands (Metallica, Disturbed etc) since it makes the wrestler more generic.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Hope it was somewhat useful! Again, well done for getting the show together and giving everyone their money's worth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement