Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info, News & Results***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Reviewer1 wrote: »
    I have been to a couple of DCW shows in the past, I did not make it to last nights one but here is my opinion on the review.
    First off The Champion attacks a female valet for no reason,(is that not a bit senceless??)
    Secondly- A career vs secret what a stupid stipulation.
    Thirdly- Tag team belts change hands again, thats the third time since Jan, it makes the belts loose value.
    Fourthly- A hair vs services match , another crappy stipulation.
    Fifth- The Heavyweight Championship changes hands already, this belt will soon loose value like the tag belts if this frequent changing continues.
    Sixth- Why do the promoters who arent trained wrestlers keep booking themselves in matches ???

I cant comment on the matches last night as I was not there, so anyone who was let me know what they were like, i have been to a couple off previous dcw shows.
    Wrestlers I like there are Lycan, Vic Viper , and bro Skelly , very talented lads, Father Soul excellent manager.
    Wrestlers i aint to fond of are Darragh Galligan, WC John, L.A Warren and Ballymun Bruiser , Bruiser is great on the mic but his matches are terrible.
    On a positive note Dcw seem to draw big crowds and have a huge following, i was not at last nights show but i bet it was a sell out venue.

Also where is Bingo Ballance, Insano and John Jennings gone, I liked these wrestlers too but have heard nothing about them since the Green Isle Show.

insano and john jennings only wrestle for msw and whatever other show they booked for,they dont wrestle for dcw anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 wrestlinpenis

wow was at the show last night, will post a review soon but may i say . . . dcw do it again . . . . they obliterate the fans mind with senseless storylines and mediocre action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

I think its clear to anybody who reads the results and reviews of DCW shows they clearly overbook EVERYTHING!

There is absolute no need for that many gimmick matches or matches with story lines going on ever, Two story lines per show 3 tops, the Main belt, a Mid card feud and if need be the tag titles, The belts dot need to be defended every show, and with title changes happening all ready after what maybe one defense each what is the point, you are not WWE never will be and come off completely amateurish by trying to emulate it,

Youtube vids etc are good but only for the Main event storyline of to help build to a huge gimmick fued blow off, Prime example the Lycan and Darren holmes thing has been booked back wards and stupidly to hell, Dave and Ger need to piss off aswell it seems, Just because your the booker/promoter does not give you the rite to go and try and get yourself over to give your own little ego a boost every month, Your not VINCE McMAHON!!!!

Also what is the point on putting the tag titles on the english lads! are you goin to fly them in every show, or expect them to pay for themselfs to fly in if there not allready doing it, Stupid bookings, Also from reading the results it does look people who are associated with MSW where punished in the booking, Tnk lose the belts, Siren gets poped for no good reason, again thats stupid as fck, Bruiser wasnt even involved with any of her story lines etc Holmes is gone from DCW,

Sorry for the rant but this place started off promising on its first couple of shows but since december it has really jumped the shark on all aspects, yea they mite draw a crowd but how many of them are going to be repeat followers,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 dcw4life

MOD EDIT: Post deleted. Trolling and abuse

MOD EDIT: Post deleted. Trolling and abuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I agree with some of the stuff, the Tag Titles shouldnt be changing hands so damn often. From my point of view, it looked like T&K were being punished because they are with MSW and MSW refused Mark Savage entry to their show. If that is the case then thats really low on DCW's part.
    The owners shouldnt get involved "physically" if they have no training.
    If the last show was T&K's final DCW show it would be a shame, they are a really good team.
    Seriously though, why the **** give the belt to Bruiser if he is going to drop it to Vic at the next show. Does DCW plan on passing their top title around the company like a cheap whore?
    Oh and bravo to dcw4life for just insulting other posters even if they are first time posting.

CoolHat wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity what are peoples rankings of the current irish wrestling scene? with so many promotions now its quite like what the irish wrestling scene was 6-ish years ago (ie, iww, cpw, nwa ireland) So where you would rank them?

for me:

1, DCW - number 1 promotion out there I think. Runs regular shows, has a pool of talent from various promotions (ie former iww guys, former cpw guys etc)
    2, Main Stage Wrestling - while one could say DCW was born from the ashes of CPW. I would say MSW actually is. They are running their own shows and are doing their own thing.
    3, NLW - Comes in at third. I just cant help but feel NLW comes second to Rampage when thats in its 'off season'.
    4, IWW - Not what it once used to be. After all, you have to remember it was on the wrestling channel and at one point often running 2 shows a month. What happened? what happend big time.
    5, FFPW - On the surface, FFPW can be compared to IWW. In the sense that both promotions arent what they once were. But! ... At least IWW still runs shows. Albeit, not as regular as they used to while FFPW hardly does. In fact, FFPW/NWA Ireland rarely ever ran shows compared to begin with.

You are right about DCW being number 1 pity this forum wont respect it Irish wrestling was dead before DCW came along

Someone feels threatened all of a sudden.
    If you look back through my posts you will see that I have been praising DCW. I dont think I ever said anything about IWW or FFPW but I could be wrong, I would have to look back over my posts. I have not been paid off by anyone, maybe you should calm down and relax a bit.

Shadooby wrote: »
    Someone feels threatened all of a sudden.
    If you look back through my posts you will see that I have been praising DCW. I dont think I ever said anything about IWW or FFPW but I could be wrong, I would have to look back over my posts. I have not been paid off by anyone, maybe you should calm down and relax a bit.

You sit behind your PC and bitch and moan but when push comes to shove you wont attend a DCW show and support Irish wrestling you would rather see it go down the toilet people like you thrive on negativity

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    I think its clear to anybody who reads the results and reviews of DCW shows they clearly overbook EVERYTHING!

There is absolute no need for that many gimmick matches or matches with story lines going on ever, Two story lines per show 3 tops, the Main belt, a Mid card feud and if need be the tag titles, The belts dot need to be defended every show, and with title changes happening all ready after what maybe one defense each what is the point, you are not WWE never will be and come off completely amateurish by trying to emulate it,

Youtube vids etc are good but only for the Main event storyline of to help build to a huge gimmick fued blow off, Prime example the Lycan and Darren holmes thing has been booked back wards and stupidly to hell, Dave and Ger need to piss off aswell it seems, Just because your the booker/promoter does not give you the rite to go and try and get yourself over to give your own little ego a boost every month, Your not VINCE McMAHON!!!!

Also what is the point on putting the tag titles on the english lads! are you goin to fly them in every show, or expect them to pay for themselfs to fly in if there not allready doing it, Stupid bookings, Also from reading the results it does look people who are associated with MSW where punished in the booking, Tnk lose the belts, Siren gets poped for no good reason, again thats stupid as fck, Bruiser wasnt even involved with any of her story lines etc Holmes is gone from DCW,

Sorry for the rant but this place started off promising on its first couple of shows but since december it has really jumped the shark on all aspects, yea they mite draw a crowd but how many of them are going to be repeat followers,

Are you Jennings Hanna Heynsie Fox T & L Insano or Siren in disguise? I think so. Phoenix Bruiser Deans Viper Dragon Father Soul Tucker & Roxx wouldnt lower themselves to appear on MSW they know where the big boys play and it aint where Jennings plays T & K want to be small they wrestle for small promotions end of

• Advertisement

Obviously you havent read my past posts about being at the DCW shows, I think I may have missed 1 or 2 but besides that I have been to them including last nights. I posted about DCW Mania and how I enjoyed it and liked the belt. Seriously before you go on a tirade about how I am trying to kill DCW why not look at past posts and remember, you are sitting behind a PC bitching and moaning yourself about all this and other promotions.

Mandrakes 3+ year reign came to an end last night at the hands of the Supermodel pictures & videos to follow!

About damn time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Woo DCW4life needs to calm down, Im not affiliated with any group,promotion or anything check my posts and you see ive been negative bout plenty of other promotions and shows in the past,

I have a feeling this mite be Ger Murphy himself, and i think he just let it slip that Mandrake is or has left IWW to work with DCW hence him dropping the IWW title!

Also from reading your tirades it sounds like the Mainstage guys were punished and if thats so thats pretty pathetic on the promoters side of things, In reference to guys not working mainstage, theyve run 2 shows, first show was all MSW talent bar brother skelly, second show, has skelly, stash and corvin on the show, Whats to say next show wont have tucker or kev rocks etc on the shows considering at the minute Tucker is probly one of the most booked guys on the scene at the minute.

All the stuff i posted about like i said is from standing back and looking at it, they do overbook everything, and some of there booking is insane, its nothing bout there taking risks etc it seems like there throwing too much **** at the wall and seeing what sticks,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Emm...if they're paying people off for praising promotions on boards.ie...I'm officially declaring myself willing to whore my opinions out.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

dcw4life i'm glad you are passionate about dcw. good for you! i'm liking dcw myself. Sure i think some posts on here are purely bashing dcw.. i have seen this before with ppl bashing iww in the past. it sucks yes but the way you are attacking everyone who seems to have a negative thing to say about dcw doesnt look good and no doubt will end up with you getting a warning from a mod or worse again a ban from the forum. like shadooby there for what i can see is just expression his/her opinion. i dont want to get dragged in on this i just wanted to give my 2 cents. i'll be honest, i was a trainee with iww a few yrs back and it went nowhere for me. i actually am considering training with dcw in the future. I am a wrestling fan at the end of the day and be it dcw iww msw nlw or ffpw, i would go to them all if i could. its good to see so many promotions churning out new talent. its just a shame theres so much bad blood between promotions. i dont know why it goes on and to be honest i dont want to. I get that everyone wants to be the top dog. Its only natural to aspire to be the best i guess.

anyway i've babbled enough. again dcw4life i applaud your passion. just dont go getting yourself a ban.

(pardon any typos, I such at this typing thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

facepalm_picard_riker.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

i was wondering when picard would raise his baldy head. and i see he brought company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Cant believe mandrake lost the belt! shame they left it so long cuz nobody cares now :) but i hope yer rite and that mandrake is going to dcw!

dcw4life - m8 calm down abit. i agree that dcw is trying to be diferent; i really like dcw and have been to all the shows since january. but ya gotta accept critizism sometimes.

but i think dcw are learning anyway. trhe owners arent out there as much anymore and besides the belts changing the booking has been way better imho.

please try not to spread the hate, we all love wrestling so lets try focus on that!! :):)

i will post a small review of the dcw show from last nite later or tomoz. it was very good imho but not as gudd as mania. will explain soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Ok i will try my best :)

Siren came out at the start. I was delited to say the least! gr8 way to start :) she was givin the crowd stick, but they wernt gettin into it much tbh. After a min Bruiser came out and gave her an RKO. Then he left. Dint get the point but cud be leading to a new feud?

1st match was Space cadet vs galligan: space cadet was popular. he walks out kinda like jef hardy and the kids loved it. galligan was subdued on his entrance but started yellin when the crowd chantd "u shag sheep" at him. the match was "ok". space cadet has some cool moves but galligans stuff was abit sloppy imo. i guess im just not a fan of his. the match was funny in places tho so i got a luagh out of it. wuda been better if there was a bar at this show like mania :) space cadet won with a bridging pin.

2nd match was darren holmes vs lycan. this match suckked abit imho. i cud hear them talking and so cud the parents next to me who lookd totally unimpressed. the moves were sloppy and it was very stop start. lycan tried to get the crowd goin but they werent havin it. lycan won which meant holmes career in dcw was over. holmes shook lycans hand afterwards. so maybe hes gonna be a gud guy?

3rd match was kevin rcks vs tucker. this match was deadly! tucker is awesime imo and kevin rocks can really move when he wants to. father soul was outside the ring with a tin with the label "father soul rehabilition fund". the poor drunk :) tucker hit some great spin kicks in this match and some cool flips. kev rocks gave him a super kick when he jumped off the ropes which was sick! tucker won with a zigzag and moonsault. after the match they shook hands (lots of this on the show). father soul argued with rocks who stormed off.

4th match was t&k vs british bold. each team came out with ther countrys flags. mark savage looked mental too. like he raided carrolls before the show! the match was alright. went on wayyy too long. the english lads are just borin imo. karl in t&k was the most exciting in this match. but it only really picked up when the good guys jumped to the outside and when mark savage turned on t&k to help the british win the titles. i was sad to see tandk loose them :(

during the break i was chattin to some ppl in the crowd. they were most lookin forward to seein danny deans cus it was his local area they said. i went and bought some sweets too :) damn im a fat bastard :)

5th match was workin class john vs la warren. this was another meh match. la warren is a gud bad guy but wcj is just boring imo. i am trying to like him but theres nothin good there imo. ger murphy was out too and helped la warren win the match wich means wcj has to do what la warren says. shud make for sum funny youtube vids :)

6th was antony idol vs andy phoenix. this match was decent but the crowd was silent. REAAALL silent. it was hard to get into it. antony idol is a gud high flyer but the crowd didnyt care much. he hit a gr8 swanton bomb ! i thought he wud win with this but andy's manager (shed get it) distractd the ref and andy hit him with his mitb briefcase. Andy won but still the crows was silent :(

7th match was Danny deans vs irish dragon. suddenly the crowd came alive! i got pumpd watchin this one. dragon came out with his gf and danny came out with his little manager max. they started with dragon jumpin about and slappin danny; you cud see dragon was the faster as dany tried to catch him. after a bit of back and forth danny put dragon down! the crowd were split on ther support so it was real loud all the way thru. at the end both guys were dodgin eachother finishin moves until danny put dragon down with a derailer. they shook hands after (3rd time this show!!) and the crowd clappd. After dragon went back dave power came out and said that he had a new member of dcw. i THINK his name was executor? couldnt hear rite. he came in and flattened danny with a gunslinger! he was real big and fat and even made deans look small! oh! at another part he kickd dannys fat little manger, the way he fell was hilarious!

at the next part pierre came out. he hasnt wrestled in dcw yet and i forgot he was actually in it (he wasnt at dcw mania). he was challengin people to a match and sayin he deserveds a title shot.he was lookin around the arena and he saw bam katraz (who was sitiin in the crowd)and called him out. bam got into the ring with 1 of his trainees from the dcw school and told pierre to stop moanin and to earn a title shot he said dat he was a coward 4 wantin to fite the trainees and trainer with all the wrestlers in the back. he went to leave but pierre attackd. he then attackd the trainee in the ring, bam and the othr trainees jumps in but pierre leggd it.

the last match was Bruiser VS Vic Viper. I was really lookin forward to this; but it was really short! all the other matchs were wayy longer :( it was decent while they were there but i was in shock when vic won. why did bruiser lose after only 1 month? :( ther was loads of run ins from kev rocks and father soul tandk and the british. but the baddies came out on top.

overall it was a good show. crowd was abit quiet in somre parts wich hurt the atmosphere. Danny deans vs dragon was match of the nite. LOVED it. more of that and matches like kevin rocks versus tucker and itll be great! sad bruiser lost the belt though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bring Back Celtic Pro Wrestling. CpW

DCW4life. Just stop!
    You are going crazy because a few people said something negative about DCW.
    You are also saying that one person is nearly everybody that got a good complement.
    You are obviously somebody thats involved with DCW and you are giving them a bad name with your VERY unprofessional posts.
    Your saying this person is this wrestler hiding behind a keyboard with a fake name.... Who are you? You are using the name DCW4Life while complaining about others doing it.
    And I agree with anybody that says its stupid that both the heavyweight title and tag titles have changed hands already.
    Saturday was both Bruiser and T&K's first title defenses and they lost the belts already it just makes it look like Bruiser and T&K won the belts by fluke and weren't good enough to defend and retain them.
    I use to love the DCW shows and still like them kinda but they are starting to get a bit boren and to see someone that is obviously involved with DCW come on here and be that unprofessional its no wonder half of their roster have left already. Makes you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

ok everyone is saying dcw4life has something to do with dcw,i have no idea who that person is but i will come out and say i have got something to do with dcw,i wont say who i am but im not ger murphy or dave power cause i know for a fact that they only post results and videos up here,im always checking out boards and what ppl are saying good or bad and i welcome ppls review and i do pass on complemts weather there good or bad to both dave and ger since they dont read anything on here,as you may also know if you wanna look back at any of my comments i dont bash other companys like i did in the old irish promotions sticky,if ppl have a bad thing to say bout dcw thats there call,same as good comments,but any promotion will have there flaws,even wwe or tna do and there on a worldwide stage compared to what we have in our small little country.if ppl come to our shows and have a good night thats all in well good cuase thats what dcw or any other irish promotions go out and try do,now in saying that i do have friends in msw aswell so i dont go out bashing them,they are doing well working out of there gym and doing 2shows outside of it,1 of which i was at myself,i coulnt get to the other 1cause i was in belfast at the time,but i wanna say fair play to them for doing what there doing.ill stop my rant now but ppl try not kill irish wrestling it went on so for long with nothing happening and staying quiet,lets keep it going and support irish wrestling no mather what company you go see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 wrestlinpenis

dcw4life wrote: »
    Are you Jennings Hanna Heynsie Fox T & L Insano or Siren in disguise? I think so. Phoenix Bruiser Deans Viper Dragon Father Soul Tucker & Roxx wouldnt lower themselves to appear on MSW they know where the big boys play and it aint where Jennings plays T & K want to be small they wrestle for small promotions end of

If MSW is small then how come they got 3 times the crowd dcw did at tallaght?
    NLW are the top promotion in ireland end of. dcw are just a bunch of unprofessional losers with a load of ex-iww lads that will bleed dcw dry like they did iww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Reviewer1

You werent even at the show you dickhead boards.ie needs to stop the hatred against DCW its a disgrace. Nice to know Lycan got paid off by you

Is this Dave Long or Ger Murphy by any chance ?
    How did Lycan get paid off by me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Reviewer1

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hi reviewer1, welcome to Boards.ie! You must really love Irish wrestling to register just to review a review of last night's DCW show.
    Thanks, good to finally be here, I didnt review the show , i mostly reviewed the card and it was ridicolusly booked.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

As a casual viewer of Irish wrestling & this thread, I'm shocked and saddened at the amount of badwill and number of people hiding behind generic usernames (who are obviously part of the irish wrestling scene) with strong/abrasive opinions of DCW & Irish wrestling in general.

I'd rather give my thoughts of the show to the DCW people in person but if I decide to post it here, it'll be along with a picture and contact details, something that everyone in this thread with under 200 posts will not do. This anonymous arguing is a disgrace. I hear awful things about the American Indy circuit and am saddened that we Irish aren't above it.

Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dazzler1991

Reviwer 1 must be Darren Holmes cos nobody else gives a crap that Siren got jaw breakered by the Bruiser another first poster out to rape DCW.

Nope actually, this is Darren Holmes.
    The irish wrestling scene with all 4 promotions (in ROI) is too small for this crap. And people need to stop having a go at people who criticize, they're paying their own money to come watch a show....and if they dont like a certain thing well then let them say it, and if it doesnt happen the next show, you've increased your chance of a repeat customer. But stop all of this nonsense between promotions, because at the end of the day......wrestlers just want to wrestle....thats all there is too it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Gotta love this place :) Anyway.....

This Sunday, as part of Weekend Mayhem, I can confirm that Main Stage Wrestling will crash into NLW with an "MSW Special Attraction Match".

6 Man Tag Team Match:
    Insano, Tucker and Johnny Notaro
    Vs.
    Thunder & Lightening and Lycan

NLW - Sunday 8th May
    Thomas Davis GAA Club, Kiltipper Rd, Tallaght
    Doors: 6.30pm Show: 7pm
    Tickets €12 at the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

DCW4life posts deleted, infractions given and he is about to take a 1 month ban. If the bitching and rubbish continues, we will be putting a delay on all posts so we can review them before they are put on the board. Please let it not come to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 That_Chick

As a casual viewer of Irish wrestling & this thread, I'm shocked and saddened at the amount of badwill and number of people hiding behind generic usernames (who are obviously part of the irish wrestling scene) with strong/abrasive opinions of DCW & Irish wrestling in general.
    ive nothing to hide, Siren here

......cant we all just get along :)

retro_60s_70s_hippie_peace_sign_poster-p228369790178558242tdcp_400.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Wicked WWR forum flashbacks here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement