Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info, News & Results***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mr.Superiority

CoolHat wrote: »
    To be blunt Coleman, you probably should'nt of went into detail of what the event is aiming to do for charity. Your original post of "global action charitiy event" would of done. As it stands right now all this event does is to give Danny Butler (and friends) a free plane fare over to Kenya to "help" ...

Thats like me saying I want to go over and help the affected areas of Japan, but only if the costly plane fare over is not coming out of my pocket.

What you have just said is, no exageration, disgusting. Pure and simple. They do need the money to get there, as well as supplies. It's not cheap to fly to Africa. I did this last year, and would never have been able to go were it not for charity events like this. For you to say that they are going to have a holiday over there is offensive, inaccurate and just horrible.

You think everytime you put money into a charity basket it just gets shipped over to Africa and given to the people? Clearly not. It goes to the volunteers who give the money out to schools, hospices, orphanages, as well as use the money to cover their expenses (flights- my flights cost thousands). Next time you decide to have a go at someone for trying to help those much less fortunate than anyone you know, stop, think, and then hopefully realise how despicable what you're about to say is.

As for the shows, looking like an excellent weekend so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

DCW would like to thank everybody who turned out for their first two gym shows at the DCW Wrestling School Xavier Avenue, North Strand Road, D3

During the house shows the following matches for DCW Aftermath coming up Saturday April 30th 2011 O'Connell's Secondary School, Richmond Street, D3 were announced

DCW Tag Team Championship Match

T & K w/Marc Savage v British Bold w/Siren

Dublin City Mania Rematch

Darren Holmes v "The Lone Wolf" Lycan

Space Cadet v Galligan

More matches to be announced in the coming weeks

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=ff&ap=1#!/profile.php?id=100002234918108&sk=wall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJaI471ueNA&feature=channel_video_title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

No Limit Wrestling will return to full form next month with the announcement of "Weekend Mayhem". With 3 back-to-back shows from Friday May 6th to Sunday May 8th, this promises to be the best weekend in the history of NLW.

"It's almost like we are re-laucnhing the NLW brand with these shows" said the promoter. "The talent we use are the best the country has to offer, there's absolutely no disputing that. Guys like Shawn Maxer, Dunkan Disorderly, Paddy Morrow and others have all proved themselves to be best Ireland has to offer".

Shawn Maxer has held the NLW World Championship three times. He has had main event matches against the likes of Rob Van Dam and Sabu. He also held the much respected NWA Irish Championship when that title was defended in Ireland. At the time, this title was the most respected title in the country and has only been held by a select few.

Meanwhile both Dunkan Disorderly and Paddy Morrow have also locked horns with the best in the business including Marty Jannetty, X-Pac and Rene Dupree among others. Dunkan has held the NLW Championship three times while Morrow has been the NWA Irish Champion.

Others like OMEN, Justin Shape, Phil The Thrill, Robbie Morrissey and Jordan Devlin have all competed all over the world in countries like France, Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, Germany and the U.K. The experience these guys have is priceless and the overall talent in NLW is at the highest standard right now.

"We are now looking to the younger wrestlers in Ireland to come in and earn their spots" said the promoter. "In May, we will introduce guys like Tucker and tag team Thunder & Lightening to the roster. These guys are hungry and they want to out-shine the existing talent which will only make for a more interesting watch. Personally I can't wait to see how these youngsters do in their early outings in NLW".

Also over the Mayhem weekend NLW will welcome back familiar faces from the past including "All Star" Anthony Idol who has returned to wrestling after a long hiatus as well as Insano who will compete in-front of his hometown fans in Tallaght on May 8th.

Others set to appear on these shows include Bonesaw, who has been on the scene for almost ten years and who runs Northern Ireland's only professional school. Bonesaw is a hard-hitter and most recently fell short of a victory in the Main Event of NLW 'New Year Bash' in January in one of NLW's favourite venues, The Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare. This is another man who is looking to put his stamp on No Limit Wrestling and make a name for himself.

And lets not forget that No Limit Wrestling brings you the sexiest women in Irish Wrestling as well. Rachelle St. Claire and The Owens Twins will all be a part of "Weekend Mayhem" too.

So be sure to check out at least one of these three huge shows:
    Friday May 6th - Riverside Boys F.C., Finglas
    (Best of the Best Night 1)

Doors: 7pm, Bell Time: 7.30pm Tickets €12
    (Limited tickets on sale now from Wrestling Mania, St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre at a reduced re-sale price of just €10)

Saturday May 7th - C.Y.M.S. Hall, Kildare Town
    (All proceeds go to charity)

Doors: 5.30pm, Bell Time: 6pm Tickets €10

Sunday May 8th - Thomas Davis Gaa Club, Tallaght
    (Best of the Best Night 2)

Doors: 6.30pm, Bell Time: 7pm Tickets €12
    (Limited tickets on sale now from Wrestling Mania, St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre at a reduced re-sale price of just €10)

217411_201903896508205_167386333293295_621984_5269524_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The day that a wrestling promotion is putting on a charity event to help really disadvantaged people and there is someone who is actually attacking said company over the gesture, is a bad day in my book.
    :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

those nlw shows look good. ill go to the tallagh one for sure. the article was good read for me cuz ive never seen the nlw wrestlers b4. lookin forward to seeing it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Cool that Thunder and lightning are going to be in nlw :) hope ther on the how in tallaght. Would also like to see the family against sinners there! those 2 teams are deadly

A second teaser trailer previewing the Dublin City Mania HD DVD. Relive an incredible night of action in DCW where the Ballymun Bruiser became the first ever DCW Heavyweight Champion, Andy Phoenix won the Championship Choice Ladder Match, Darren Holmes suffered the pain of 10,000 Tumbtacks and T & K won the DCW Tag Team Titles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRFNN7EbCzU

Card so far for DCW Aftermath Saturday April 30th 2011

O'Connell's Secondary School, Richmond Street, D3
    €10 Adults €8 Children

"The Man With The Golden Can" Ballymun Bruiser has his first DCW Heavyweight Title defence

T & K w/Marc Savage v British Bold w/Siren

Championship Choice winner Andy Phoenix w/Lucy will be in action

Darren Holmes v "The Lone Wolf" Lycan

Space Cadet v Galligan

More matches to be announced in the coming weeks on www.dublinwrestling.ie

Card subject to change

DCW Aftermath Saturday April 30th 2011 O'Connells Secondary School Richmond Street Dublin 3

€10 Adults €8 Children

"The Man With The Golden Can" Ballymun Bruiser has his first DCW Heavyweight Title defence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MByud0q6To

T & K w/Marc Savage v British Bold w/ Siren

Championship Choice holder Andy Phoenix w/Lucy v "All Star" Anthony Idol

Tucker v Kevin Sean Roxx

Darren Holmes w/Siren v "The Lone Wolf" Lycan

Working Class John v LA Warren
    Stipulation to be chosen by the DCW fans on www.dublinwrestling.ie

Space Cadet v Galligan

More matches to be announced soon

Card subject to change

Ring time available for experienced workers this Saturday and Sunday at DCW Wrestling School. €5 per hour. Contact DCW Wrestling School on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100002234918108
    or email dcwwrestlingschool@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gasbaggimmick

DEAD EVENT

Wrestling, Zombie Horror Short Movie, Starring Two Irish Champions DCW heavyweight Champion 'The Man With The Golden Can' The Ballymun Bruiser, and IwW Heavyweight Champion Mandrake. Follow Link for more details
    http://www.facebook.com/DeadEvent

Wrestling, Zombie Horror Short Movie, Starring Two Irish Champions DCW Heavyweight Champion "The Man With The Golden Can" The Ballymun Bruiser, and IwW Heavyweight Champion Mandrake. Follow Link for more details
    http://www.facebook.com/DeadEvent

DCW Heavyweight Champion Ballymun Bruiser will be in action in Lisbon Portugal this weekend. DCW would like to wish Bruiser a safe and enjoyable trip www.wrestlingportugal.com

€10 Adults €8 Children

DCW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Ballymun Bruiser v Vic Viper w/Father Soul

#1 Contendership Match for the DCW Heavyweight Championship
    Irish Dragon w/Linda v Danny "The Pain" Deans w/Max Martello

Andy Phoenix w/Lucy v "All Star" Anthony Idol

Tucker v Kevin Sean Roxx w/Sister Laura

Space Cadet v Galligan

Card subject to change

DCW Wrestling School has classes this weekend at the following times

Saturday 11am - 2pm
    Sunday 12noon - 3pm

Ring time is available please Bam Katraz on Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tommy Jackal

The BCW show that had been planned for May has had to be postponed until June. The date will be announced as soon as it is finalised.

As part of No Limit Wrestling's "Weekend Mayhem", it has been confirmed that OMEN will face Danny Butler in an Extreme Rules match on Friday May 6th in Finglas.
    205782_203826519649276_167386333293295_634851_4606_n.jpg
    Meanwhile, in Tallaght on May 8th, Dunkan Disorderly will face NLW Champion Sir Paul Tracey in singles action.
    And, Jordan Devlin will face Shawn Maxer in a Ladder Match.
    *Keep in mind, if Maxer is successful in regaining the NLW Title from Sir Paul Tracey on May 7th in Kildare, that ladder match will become a Title match. Otherwise, this match will be a No. 1 Contenders match.
    215233_203826876315907_167386333293295_634852_2976390_n.jpg

215533_203827166315878_167386333293295_634853_6602805_n.jpg

Friday May 6th
    Rivermount Boys F.C., Finglas
    Doors: 7pm, Bell Time: 7.30pm
    Tickets €12

Saturday May 7th
    C.Y.M.S. Hall, Kildare Town
    Doors: 5.30pm, Bell Time: 6.00pm
    Tickets €10 *CHARITY SHOW*

Sunday May 8th
    Thomas Davis GAA Club, Tallaght
    Doors: 6.30pm, Bell Time: 7.00pm
    Tickets €12

april poster3web.jpg

april poster2web.jpg

april poster web.jpg

O'Connell's Secondary School, Richmond Street, Dublin 3

€10 Adults €8 Children

DCW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Ballymun Bruiser v Vic Viper w/Father Soul

#1 Contendership Match for the DCW Heavyweight Championship
    Irish Dragon w/Linda v Danny "The Pain" Deans w/Max Martello

Andy Phoenix w/Lucy v "All Star" Anthony Idol

Tucker v Kevin Sean Roxx w/Sister Laura

Career v Secret

Space Cadet v Galligan

Card subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The second Don't Try this at Home vidcast is online.
    It features a brief look at the Fergal Devitt training camp at FFPW and training with the Ballymun Bruiser in DCW Wrestling School.

Any feedback ye have would be much appreciated.

Check us out on Facebook: facebook.com/DontTryThisAtHomeMovie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

That looks deadly lads. Where there many in the class with bruiser or just you? was there much exercise involved?

Smoshi wrote: »
    That looks deadly lads. Where there many in the class with bruiser or just you? was there much exercise involved?

Thanks Smoshi!

So far it's been just the 2 of us in the lessons with Bruiser.
    We thought for the film it would be worthwhile paying the extra and getting 2 on 1 sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 That_Chick

wow i missed alot hahahaha

Smoshi wrote: »

Exercise wise we weren't doing a huge amount of cardio, things were focused more on wrestling technique.
    Either way, at the end of it we were still wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Im probably a bit late to the party, but where are you hoping for the 'Dont try this at home' vids to go?

Are you just trying all these things out and uploading them like regular vlogs or will it at some point accumulate into a full doc?

I can confirm two more matches signed for NLW in Kildare (CYMS Hall), May 7th.

223389_204657302899531_167386333293295_640030_3807045_n.jpg

224237_204520732913188_167386333293295_639177_8064431_n.jpg

Friday May 6th
    Tickets €12

Saturday May 7th

Sunday May 8th
    Thomas Davis GAA Club, Kiltipper Road, Tallaght

• Advertisement

223362_204713479560580_167386333293295_640600_6374523_n.jpg

Friday May 6th
    Tickets €12

Saturday May 7th

Sunday May 8th
    Thomas Davis GAA Club, Kiltipper Road, Tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colin kelly

Absolutely sickening that MSW would refuse Mark Savage entry into their show. Savage is a sound guy, inobtrusive and well mannered, and a complete wrestling fan. Savage wanted to attend, not as a representative of DCW, but rather as a wrestling fan pure and simple.

Its a total shame to see such childish behaviour from a group claiming to be "Professional" Wrestlers. MSW you should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because youre the number 2 promotion doesnt mean you have to act like second rate people.

I recently referred to one of your videos as having a ROH feel, I was totally incorrect, after all, the H in ROH stands for Honour, something you guys seem to be lacking completely.

Good luck to you MSW, I for one will never pay to see your show. Im completely sickened, and Im sure everyone else in the know is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Absolutely sickening that MSW would refuse Mark Savage entry into their show. Savage is a sound guy, inobtrusive and well mannered, and a complete wrestling fan. Savage wanted to attend, not as a representative of DCW, but rather as a wrestling fan pure and simple.

Its a total shame to see such childish behaviour from a group claiming to be "Professional" Wrestlers. MSW you should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because youre the number 2 promotion doesnt mean you have to act like second rate people.

I recently referred to one of your videos as having a ROH feel, I was totally incorrect, after all, the H in ROH stands for Honour, something you guys seem to be lacking completely.

Good luck to you MSW, I for one will never pay to see your show. Im completely sickened, and Im sure everyone else in the know is too.

Is there some kind of rivalry there?

Ah lads, what are you doing if that's the story?! At this level, there's no point in competing! I used to hate when this kinda stuff was done back in the day and we'd be expected to get involved. You don't see this kind of antics in sports like soccer or rugby (save the odd mid-match scrap) and it only makes wrestling as a whole look worse off.

Bottom line is: If people are interested in DCW, they'll be interested in MSW if they run the same town down the line. Because they don't care about the initials. The only people do are those involved and about 6 people on here. Whereas if MSW give Irish wrestling in general a bad name, everybody loses. Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

never mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Wow, if true, everyone loses there.

Why would I take the risk of going to a MSW show now? Theres every chance someone at the door will have a grudge against me for some reason and refuse me entry. Beyond counter-productive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colin kelly

Before you read this please note that I have absolutely no say in DCW or MSW and am speaking as someone watching from the Gorilla Position. The views expresssed below are mine, and mine entirely.

I would be of the opinion that Mark was both insulted and degraded last night in front of his peers, something that should never have happened. This country is too small, and the wrestling scene here is even smaller.

But on a sidebar, dont you think that if both promotions could co-exist, that it would be better for all concerned? Imagine the possibilities of inter promotional matches etc. Im not speaking of unified titles, but rather more on the level of DCW guys v MSW guys on both promotions events.

Yes I posted a response to the antics that went on last night. Some applauded me for it while others took offence. I am not degrading MSW's talent as performers & artists. I respect all wrestlers regardless of who they work for. John Jennings & Insano are fantastic wrestlers, as is Leonard Hanna, and whether you are DCW or MSW alligned Im sure you feel the same way. Do you look at Chris Benoit now and say he wasnt any good? No, he was one of the best wrestlers ever to step foot in the ring, regardless of what he did in his final hours.

What Im tryin to say is this; People's behaviour outside the ring cannot take away from what they do inside it. MSW you have great potential to be the best that you can be. DCW is just the same.

I am however very disheartened at what happened to Savage last night and wholeheartedly feel that he was unfairly treated. I would have felt the same if the roles had been reversed. If those considered wrong were to apologise to the person wronged, I believe this would mend bridges that would benefit both promotions

DCW has given me the opportunity to showcase my talents while at the same time they have provided me with a way of making some money for myself. For that I am thuroughly grateful.

I do feel that now is the time to figuratively bury the hatchet, move on from this debacle, and lets see the kind of antics that went on last night be relegated to the annals of history. If we all are to learn from our mistakes, then mistakes are what they are and nothing more than learning curves.

Some are angry at what happened last night and rightly so. Some have reached boiling point and the pressure is reaching maximum. We have all let steam off and have had our say on the matter.

Now is the time to move onwards and upwards, as doing so can only propel both promotions' productivity and standards.

Lets not allow the actions of last night to hinder the production values of either company. I wish both promotions success & prosperity.

Happy Easter everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Plain and simple all promoters have a rite to deny people entry,plain and simple for all entertainment events!hell i remember seeing it on old NWA:ireland posters and ive seen it on FWA posters aswell, For what ever there reasons maybe the guys running the main stage show did not want that individual present at there show simple as. how people can go on how its disgraceful, people catch yourselves on its not like they drop kicked a ****ing baby or something!

And for originally posted bout this stuff (are you mark savage?) do you really think that the person sooo significant to IRISH WRESTLING that it had to aired on a public board! Did Mark leave the Mainstage show crying his eyes out cause the other boys wouldn't let him inside! Hes a grown man and clearly the people he did tell people about mainly DCW owners probably all got pissy, as for mainstage vs DCW cross show hell alot of the talent works both promotions and more! you dont see guys like thunder and lighting coming on here saying why they left DCW and wont work for them again do you!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It makes me sad to see the irish indy scene in such a state. This kind of news seems very common. I can only imagine how much backstabbing and politiking is at the top level (WWE/TNA) if it's this bad at the indy scene level.

If it's the Mark Savage from the radio show, I'm shocked that he'd be refused entry although I can see their point, petty as it may be. Mark is a real nice guy and it's a disgrace he made the effort to see your show and got that kind of reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IWW have a new Facebook page up and running, dedicated to Irish Whip's training, including all details on it's trainers, Mandrake & The Supermodel. Read the pages "About Me" to read why, if you want to become a wrestler in Ireland, these 2 men are the most professionally qualified & experienced to do so, with HD footage of both men wrestling. Get in contact via the e-mail listed on the page, or contact/add the page directly for all the information you need. We look forward to hearing from you!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002350872333

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Johnn.e

CMpunked wrote: »
    Im probably a bit late to the party, but where are you hoping for the 'Dont try this at home' vids to go?

Are you just trying all these things out and uploading them like regular vlogs or will it at some point accumulate into a full doc?

We're just putting the vids on youtube and have a site up but still working on it.

We're making it as a feature documentary and what you see on the blog videos are just bullet points really of what we're doing, in an attempt to try get a bit of interest by fans and industry folk.

what you see on the video really is nothing compared to what would be in the final documentary its just to give a little taster. we've already shot something like 30 hours worth and we're still months away from a match. The doc will actually give a better portrayal of training... its hard to emphasize how tough it is when you sit down and do a blog a week later but when the films finished and you see the entire process and the aftermath (the morning after in particular) it'll give a much better idea and hopefully be as entertaining. The plan is for the doc to focus on the Irish scene in general, our training is really just a segment of it. if that makes sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement