Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the times down.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

20 at 7:40. Perfect weather for it. First 10 were the same as that hilly run from during the week. Brilliant route. I ran into Tunguska on his second run of the day, nice to have company for 5-6 miles.

Great run all in all. No niggles, felt pretty ok all the way through.

76.3 for the week. Highest to date.

7 at 7:48. Gentle run. Pretty wrecked today.

10.25 at 7:31. Recce of the 10 miler in the park. Tough course without a doubt. Plenty of tasty hills and some really exposed spots. It's going to hurt big time.

Wed AM - 9 at 7:28. Did 8x hard runs on the diagonal of one of the pitches in Tymon in the middle of this.
    Wed PM - Got new shoes so gave them a quick spin before dinner. 1 mile easy (7:28), 1 mile hard (6:00). 11 for the day.

Thurs - 9 @ 7:45. Kept this one really easy.
    Fri - 6 @ 7:42. Same here, just trotting around to make up the miles.

Got to hit just below 70 this week. Shouldn't be a problem. Just the small matter of 10 tempo miles tomorrow to get over first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

cwgatling wrote: »
    Wed AM - 9 at 7:28. Did 8x hard runs on the diagonal of one of the pitches in Tymon in the middle of this.
    Wed PM - Got new shoes so gave them a quick spin before dinner. 1 mile easy (7:28), 1 mile hard (6:00). 11 for the day.

Thurs - 9 @ 7:45. Kept this one really easy.
    Fri - 6 @ 7:42. Same here, just trotting around to make up the miles.

Got to hit just below 70 this week. Shouldn't be a problem. Just the small matter of 10 tempo miles tomorrow to get over first ;)

What time are u hoping for tomorrow cwgatling ??.... Are u running DCM also ???

• Advertisement

Shooting for 63:xx Liamo. PB is 65:01 so we'll see how it goes. Yep, DCM is on the cards! Best of luck, might see you there.

Job done. 63:53. Paced it just the way I wanted, so very happy. Didn't hare off like a madman the way I did in Craughwell. Found miles 5 and 6 the toughest. Perfect weather and a great course. Next up, National Half in Waterford - 2 weeks away.

Easy 13 on the cards for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

Wel done today Paddy, super running. Gerry had a good run as well today

I was going grand til about the 7ish mile & I went over my ankle :mad:. Walked 2 the 8m & sharon came along so I started running again. I was 74mins. The ankle feels ok but I was probably being a bit 2 cautious with the marathon not 2 far away, didnt want 2 take any chances.

Thanks Jacqui, yeah Gerry and I crossed the line at the same time. Fair play to him he did great.
    Damn, that's terrible about the ankle. Bloody hell, 74 with a walk break? You were flying. No, you're dead right, keep the sights on the big one.

11.7 @ 7:37. Lovely run. Legs grand after yesterday, thought I'd be in bits.
    67 for the week. Loving the training these days. Mid week tempo and MP run next Saturday.

We done just over 14m this morning, very easy as we all were a bit wrecked from yesterday. Ankle felt grand but glute was very sore. Im gona get a session done on it on Tues mornin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Job done. 63:53. Paced it just the way I wanted, so very happy. Didn't hare off like a madman the way I did in Craughwell. Found miles 5 and 6 the toughest. Perfect weather and a great course. Next up, National Half in Waterford - 2 weeks away.

Easy 13 on the cards for tomorrow.

Great running. Sub 1'25 now in Waterford is it? Course was fine alright, expected it to be much worse.

@jacquib, you were right in front of me when you stopped i think, 200m before the 2nd water station on the left side of the road. Unlucky, but your still going well at the mo so i wouldn't worry.

@brianderunner, Thanks for that. I was probably bein a bit cautious with it only being 10wks to the marathon but better being safe than sorry @ this stage :)

Yep, hoping for sub 1:25. It's about as slow as I can afford if I want to get a sub-3 I reckon.

Mon - 9.1 at 7:50. Dead on my feet.
    Tues - 8 at 7:35. Bit better, not much. Tempo tomorrow which will hurt. If I can make it to Fri I will have a rest day before the MP run. Only need 60 miles this week.

Wed - 2 warm up, 2x (3 at T pace off 3 mins), 2 more at T, 2 miles warm down.

First 3 miler: 6:19
    Second 3 miler: 6:25
    2 miler: 6:22

12.x for the day.

Tough tempo. The race is still in the legs. Unintentional day off today. First one in well over 2 weeks. Work shifts are all over the shop. Easy going now until Sat.

5 at 7:20. Sunshine, hail, rain, thunder and lightning, all in under 40 mins :cool:.

Hiya Paddy, where did u get the hail, thunder & lightenin? I havent seen any:confused:
    R u doing the 2m Bhaa on the Tallaght track next weds nite?

Booterstown/Blackrock. Great summery weather!

Oh, that sounds good. Sharpen up the legs for the National Half! See you there.

Sat - 19 with 13 at 6:49. Tough, tough run. Windy day which didn't help. The last 3 were a total grind. Would not have hit these if it wasn't for Tunguska, so big thanks due there. Just need to tack another 13.2 of those onto the end for a sub-3 - no bother :p

Sun - 7.6 at 7:17. Nice easy run around Tymon.

61.5 for the week including tempo, long and PMP, happy with that.

Mon AM - 5 @ 7:50
    Mon PM - 9 @ 7:55

Just clocking up the miles. 75's the target again this week.

10.6 at 7:30. Hilly-ish route, great weather. Nearly had a heart attack when a kitten jumped out of the ditch right under my feet. Lucky I was on my own - I squealed like a schoolgirl at a Westlife concert :o.

Some intervals planned for the morning, then real easy stuff until the big effort Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Nearly had a heart attack when a kitten jumped out of the ditch right under my feet. Lucky I was on my own - I squealed like a schoolgirl at a Westlife concert :o.

Classic stuff man. The amount of times stupid **** has scared the life out of me on a run..........I could write a book of embarressing stories. Got chased by a ****ing Goose around a pond in tymon park one time. That was high point alright.

Haha, a goose :pac: I'd pay good money to see that.

6x 400m off 800m jog.

Bit all over the place but the legs felt good. 8.6 for the day.

9 @ 7:44. Nice handy run up at the waterworks. Stunning up there today. Rest tomorrow; heavy weekend ahead. 284 miles in August, highest monthly mileage by far.

Great to see O'Lionard getting through.

Hiya Paddy, ur going well. U shud have a gud 1 in Waterford. I'l see u down there :D

It was a great race & Cragg has qualified as well for his 5k

Thanks Jacqui, great racing yourself, saw you coming over the line.

Sat - National Half Marathon. Took a rest day Friday and got an early night. Woke up feeling lousy, like I was getting a cold. Drove down and did a warm up, the legs felt ok. Plan was to stick at 6:30 pace for the first 10, then see what happened.
    The weather was perfect and the course is the best I've run yet. Surface on that Tramore road is great to run on. Few little hills to keep things interesting and nice support along the route. Top facilities too. Well done WAC.
    The first 3 miles ticked away and I felt great. I kept belting out the 6:30's until mile 7. I was running really easy and catching plenty of people so I pressed on a bit. Got to 10 feeling as fresh as a daisy so I started to turn the screw. At 12 I went for broke and had enough for a fast finish. Last 3 miles were 6:13, 6:13, 5:48.

AAI time - 1:23:07
    Garmin - 1:22:55

I went over the line at 1:23:01 on the big clock and had started well back in the field, so not too sure where they got 6+ seconds from.
    Anyway, it's a massive PB. My last 1/2 was Dublin last year - high 1:31, so things are looking good.

16.25 miles for the day

Sun - 20.5 at 7:59. The hardest part of this was the start. Lashing rain, windy and sore legs. It got easier after a few miles. No heroics here, strictly business. Waterworks and Tymon Park.

79 for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Great running, thats a massive personal best. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Well done, that's savage running. You've put the work in and your getting the reward now. Your race sounds like my run on the same course in January, only much faster! Sub 3 now for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Congrats on Sat, some running and by the looks of it there's plenty more in the tank. Oh and running 20 miles the next day, just as impressive, animal;)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Great running at the weekend CW...Great last 3 miles, its a great feeling to b strong coming to the end of a goal race and 2 follow that up with high milage on Sunday will stand 2 u come Dublin... Well done :)

• Advertisement

Wel done Paddy yourself, that was sum running especially your last few miles & to go out & do that mileage the next day :)

I only done 5.5m the next day very easy :D

We won team masters for the ladies & the master men 50+ got bronze. It was a good turnout for Tallaght on the day & some good results had by all. I was happy enough with my time as I felt so good, roll on Dublin. This time 8 wks & it will all be over with

Advertisement