Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the times down.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Hey Jacqui,
    I had planned to alright, but my ankle has been at me. I did an easy 4 miler Tuesday afternoon and it really tightened up after. Should be ok for next week though. Is is in Tymon?
    Best of luck in the 5 mile. Go out hard but leave something in the tank for that last mile. Down the country for the weekend, so it'll be an evening run for me Sun.

Tues - 4 @ 7:30, 6.2 @ 7:40.
    Wed - Daniels fartlek thing. 4 mins on, 3 off for 10k. 5:50 pace for the on bits. Should have been faster but I was knackered from an early shift. 8 miles total.

Haven't run since. Another Daniels session planned for tomorrow, then an easy one Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

I dont know if i'l have much 4 the last mile as its uphill :eek:
    Next race is the handicap in tymon. Its 3m.

@jacquib: Weeeeellll?? :D
    Hope it went great for you.
    Will definitely do that one. Next Tues, right?

15 @ ~7:20 this morning. No watch so just ran by feel and tacked a route that I know is 6.2 onto my usual 9 miler. Achilles is grand now. Here's hoping it doesn't tighten later.

I had a great race 2day. Felt gud. Best 5m time in about 2yrs. Got 32.04 4 5.03m. Legs felt grand. Last mile was the killer. There was only about 400m left when you got to the top of the Kyber Pass, not enough to get your breath back :). I was 23rd female overall & got 3rd in my age catagory, but I think I'l get 1st prize as the top 2 were in the top 20 & they'll get a prize 4 that :D

That's deadly Jacqui. Great going, congrats on the prize! 31:xx next time out for sure.

Sun - 6 miles. Nothing serious pace-wise.
    Mon - 9 @ ~7:30. Funny how time flies; November July already :P.

• Advertisement

Tanxs Paddy. We done 18m ystrday so by last nite I was a wreck. Handicap race 2moro nite. Dont think the legs will be up 2 much but i'l see how it goes :D

18 the day after a race? Ouch.
    Will see you there tomorrow. You might surprise yourself with the fast miles in the legs.

Club 3m tonight in Tymon. Handicap, slowest off first which is a great idea for a race. I was last off with 30s to make up on the next bunch. All going fine until another guy and I took a wrong turn. He kept going and I ran back to the course. Session is a session, I suppose. Caught a few bodies, kept the dinner down, happy enough.

3 miles in 17:23 by the watch. 5:48 pace. 7.5 for the night.

6.2 at 7:25. Nice handy run with a few strides.

Grabbed a session from Daniels Plan A today. Not following it too strictly but I'll start soon enough.

20 mins easy, 20 mins T, 20 mins easy. Nice and simple!

T pace was 6:12 avg, no trouble at all. 8.6 miles at 7:02 avg for the day. I don't mind the rain, but it really f*cked with my Garmin on this run.

• Advertisement

Great run today. 10 @ 6:48. Easy knowing I had company for this one.

Lazy 4 miles at lunchtime. No idea of pace. Some heat out there - great!

Sun - 10 at 7:20
    Mon - 7.7 at 7:40. Legs are really tired. Didn't feel like heading out this morning at all. Glad to be done for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Maybe a recovery run or 2 might be in order. If I did 3 days like that in a row I would be in ribbons.

Think so too man. Will definitely be taking it handy tomorrow.

Glad that foot's ok. Enjoy the downtime.

cwgatling wrote: »
    Think so too man. Will definitely be taking it handy tomorrow.

Glad that foot's ok. Enjoy the downtime.

Cheers, the downtime was strangely enjoyable alright. Lets see how the foot copes with a 60 mile week this week :) Running out of weeks so it has to be done.

Sun - 10 at 7:20
    Mon - 7.7 at 7:40. Legs are really tired. Didn't feel like heading out this morning at all. Glad to be done for the day.

Hiya Paddy, your begining to notch up the miles again :D

We done 18.12m @ 7.57 yesterday. I was a bit wrecked today as well. Didnt enjoy the run but as you said it has to e done.
    I got a 50euro voucher for Elverys in the post for the 5m race for my prize :D.
    Are you going to do the last race of the summer league on Friday night? There will be a drinks session (non alcoholic of course) :rolleyes: on in the club afterwards.

Howya Jacqui,

Saw you in the car yesterday! I was away on holidays for that race. How'd it turn out? Congrats on the voucher. Something useful anyway ;). Yep those 18 milers are par for the course now!

Holiday put a serious dent in the training. I didn't run a step and was pouring the beer into me. Personally, this week's been a bit of a disaster. Diet and sleep are shot. Managed to half-rescue the training at least.

Wed - 9.5
    Thur - 4.5
    Fri - 9
    Sat - 5.5
    Sun - 18

Felt seriously woozy on mile 14 but it started lashing rain and that helped no end. Jumping into Daniels next week (honest).

Welcome back. Serious training now 4 the nxt 12 wks :D

The last club race was tough enough. It was 2 laps of Tymon so second time round was hard. I was struggling on the 4th mile but managed 2 pic it up 4 the last half mile. I won the prize 4 most races won by a female:).
    We had some session in the club. Didnt get home til 5.30am & as 4 the drink it took me til the following thurs 2 recover. I didnt have any dinner that nite & with the race & 2 much alcohol I was a bit worse 4 wear:eek:. I wont be doing that in a hurry again:D

We done 19.58m ystrday. I got a programme off Derek that I mite try & follow. Its tough enough, Lots of 1000, 1200 & miles on it

Great going Jacqui, yer flying now. Sounds like a serious drinking session! Sorry I missed that one.

7.3 in Tymon tonight. Legs like lead.

• Advertisement

11 at 7:27. Perfect evening. Couple of sub-7:00's at the end. This is meant to be a 100% mileage week, so I gotta get above 70.

Hiya Paddy, I emailed you that marathon schedule that Derek gave me.

I take it that was you that beeped me this morning? You were nearly gone past before I realised. I was struggling this morning. Wind was the whole way against me on the way back & I only had 12hrs recovery from my speed session last nite so legs were dead:eek:

Thanks for that Jacqui. Might give those 1k reps a blast tomorrow if you're doing them. Yeah that was me on the way to work. Jesus, I didn't envy you, the wind was howling.

11.25 at 7:25 tonight. Seriously hilly route up around Bohernabreena. Last 5k all sub 7:00. Quads are hurting from the downhills.

I done my speed session this morning. I done 8 x 800m. Im heading 2 England on mon 4 a few days so I dont think I'l be doing any speed sessions next wk. Im bac on thurs & then ive the 10miler on sat in the Park. Are you doing that race?

I'm doing it alright. It's gonna hurt! Enjoy the trip.

8x 800 on the track. The legs were f*cked from the hills yesterday so this was tough. 2:55 for the first 5, then between 2:50 and 2:55 for the last 3. Got sucked into a bit of racing near the end which wasn't the brightest.

8.6 for the night. Over 38 for the week now, so on course for the >70 miles.

Next time you do that session, try to run at 8-8'30 min miling the day before and see if your splits improve. You should be hitting 2'45-2'48 per rep given your race times imo. I'm repeating myself a bit I know.

Savage mileage these days. You gonna taper off a little before the frank duffy?

Cheers, you're dead right. I didn't plan this week very well. Those hills were enjoyable though. Will give sub-2:50 a blast next time.
    Might scale it back a bit alright, but nothing too serious. What's next racewise for you? Cracking 5k time man, well done.

Cheers, you're dead right. I didn't plan this week very well. Those hills were enjoyable though. Will give sub-2:50 a blast next time.
    Might scale it back a bit alright, but nothing too serious. What's next racewise for you? Cracking 5k time man, well done.

Half marathon on Sunday, b*lls are on the block with a sub 1'24 target :)

Haha good man. 6:25's all the way. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Fri - 11 @ 7:27. Tired legs but felt grand after 4 miles. Last 5 miles at 7:00 avg. No bother.
    Sat - 7.1 @ 7:48. Recovery run down to Tymon and back. I've started bringing the Mp3 player on these boring runs.

20 miler tomorrow :cool:

Advertisement