Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter FI Charts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Joe B would be yelling "I told you so" if this happened, way way out in FI btw

h850t850eu.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

prectypeuktopo.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Lads the charts are just amazing. Constant upgrades. Loads of possible snow events mainly in the north/ east of Ireland but could happen anywhere.

Over here in the UK i put out the sledges for sale(£6.99) around 2:30pm and we sold at least 15-20 in 3 hours.

Its freezing over here and we're on the coast in Dorset. There could even be a significant event next week in the south with a storm possibly brewing off the Iberian Peninsula which with the cold pool over the UK could leave a dumping of over a foot if it came off.

Check out the charts anyway for 48 hours.

omggu.png
    omg1.png
    omg2.png

Sorry about the posts on england i know im just being selfish but... forecast from today is for half a metre to be accumulated by December 1st on my apartment!!

snowj.gif

The storm is modeled more southerly on the latest GFS

trackg.png

track1.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Other models have significantly upgraded the snow potential for Tuesday PM/Wednesday though. This event has the potential to be significant for Ireland in terms of snowfall if the models continue this way. At present, most point to a significant snow event for Ireland. The GFS has wobbled since last and so has ECM to a lesser extent. Tomorrow's runs will be interesting

gme

10120100_2512.gif
    UKMO
    10113012_2512.gif
    GME
    10120100_2512.gif

CMC
    10120112_2512.gif
    JMA
    10120112_2512.gif
    NOGAPS
    10120100_2512.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

That CMC one would be nice!

Talk of FI has gone quite, umm is that because the Atlantic looks to win out after Friday?

Hopefully that will change for the better

Villain wrote: »
    Talk of FI has gone quite, umm is that because the Atlantic looks to win out after Friday?

Hopefully that will change for the better

Its because we dont need FI when there are better charts for the next 48 hours!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

after friday of this week things the 'severe' cold does break down in most model runs. after that it becomes marginal at best.

This may change again tomorrow as you know

• Advertisement

Looks like possibly a lot of people could see snow this Wednesday on the Pub run.

snow1f.png

There ya go Villain !!

And also at the very end of FI.....

This storm could bring widespread heavy snow. Dunno though could be very marginal with those uppers

winterstorm.png
    winterstorm2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

I just listened to the BBC weekly update. The said that the low pressure to the south is pushing eastwards not northwards so that seems to rule out the potential for heavy snow for Ireland next Tuesday and Wednesday.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

And also at the very end of FI.....

This storm could bring widespread heavy snow. Dunno though could be very marginal with those uppers

winterstorm.png
    winterstorm2.png

well hopefully the cold air being entrenched over us for so long would work in our favour. with a residual pool of cold air it could just tip the balance in our favour.
    well, of course that chart could be completely different come that day. it would be much better though if we saw systems tracking to the south of Ireland.

Umm FI not looking too good at present

Windy in a while??? Although its so far deep into FI, but it could happen . . .:rolleyes:

Edit: It just updated to the 12z and well . . the storm vanished . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Could be signs of the winter storm MT has alluded to in his daily forecasts.

gfs-0-360.png?6

gfs-1-360.png?6

Hmmm . . .:rolleyes:

I wanted to be realistic and wait until December ;)
    very nice to look at and dream about, but we all know it'll be watered down closer to the time:(
    Yes that's true. No doubt the cracking FI ecm charts will be diluted in future outputs too. We saw this happen a lot last year.
    So with the fairly warm seas temperatures, it's going to be difficult to get snow at lower levels here, unless deeper cold makes its way towards us
    The 12Z ECM run is fantastic for this time of year, its very early in the season for a setup like that, thats why its so exciting. No point looking at the exact details of the charts deep in FI because they are going to change one way or the other.
    I agree. Which is why I was sounding a cautionary note for those who maybe don't follow the models that these charts, while exciting for the time of year, are always likely to change to a less favourable outcome. So people won't be needlessly getting their hopes up for widespread snow at lower levels just yet.
    Have a look at the precip charts on that control run between about 216 and 300. :pac:

Its pure fiction but nice to look at.

The beauty of hindsight . . .:D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

gens-0-1-348.png?6
    " 1 ticket to the biggest rollercoaster ever please " ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The problem is that high pressure, could push west and land itself right over us and the uk and will be very hard to shift

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

The problem is that high pressure, could push west and land itself right over us and the uk and will be very hard to shift

I hav a feeling it will shift down and plop itself over belgium/austria... but ye, we will hav to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The beauty of hindsight . . .:D:D:pac:

:pac: yes. general hindsight has never lost a war!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

RELOAD YOUR WEAPON SIR!!!!!

I remain in good belief of a second coming.
    For the ammunition is in plenty store and the troops have only to realign their attack upon our great nation. Let the Battle commence!!!!

101204_0000_240.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Iancar29 wrote: »
    gens-0-1-348.png?6
    " 1 ticket to the biggest rollercoaster ever please " ... :)

Thats some chart. :eek::eek:

And Im not even sure I know how to read it... :D

Saganist wrote: »
    Thats some chart. :eek::eek:

And Im not even sure I know how to read it... :D

bright colours . . .. :D

At least thats the easiest interpretation . . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

gfs-1-324.png?18

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

GFS still really wants to bring back that Greenland high in about 12 days, we seriously could be in for a re-load. I'm still not sure though, the 'road' up North seems a lot less open, there are more shortwaves/instability so it would be harder for the high to push up North. We shall see...very interesting model watching these days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

not bad

138453.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

24l330p.png

2cxg31f.png

Advertisement