Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter FI Charts

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Its called Fantasy Island for a reason people!!

She's still truckin in from the north west. No push back Still going for the 9th. Come on darkman2 ,dear god what more can i do to get you to start a new rollarcoaster of a thread!?

stillhappenin.png

arollercoasterride001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Could be some nice thundery wintry showers if we got a nice Northerly/NorthW. The strong March sun can help some decent cbs bubble up (without fizzling out as they cross the country). Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Almost every model in agreement on the 9th, still means nothing until its closer but it looks quite likely we'll get a northerly.

I'd be perfectly content if it came to nothing but one last blast wouldnt go amiss

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

The 0z GFS brings the -5C 850hPa temps in earlier by about 9 hours (than the 18z), but the air pressure is a lot lower, isobars more slack and it only lasts little over a day before westerlies come sweeping in. The ECM is having none of it unortunately.
    Hopefully this isn't the start of the downgrades we've become accustomed to over the last 2 months...

• Advertisement

Its still truckin in from the north west on the GFS for the 9th however we've lost pretty much every Model except for GFS below and BOM....Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...downgrades all around except for GFS which i suppose is almost an upgrade since the cold isn't being pushed out a few days and also its a blanket of -6 uppers all over the country. Its still on for the 9th aswell..

truckin.png

I can't believe there aren't more people on here. Loads of models spinning out loads of chances of some serious cold weather arriving from the 9th. Load at this chart for gods sake!!!!!

yummyn.png

yummy2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Unless the ECM and UKMO show something its nothing to get excited about really, ECM is only showing -6 temps at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

It's the GEFS at 252 hours, added to the fact that any snow that falls will be slush in an hour or two, it's a wonder theres anyone posting here at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Shouldnt it be spring FI charts ;)

• Advertisement

I'll just leave these here...

continuing1.png

continuing.png

Hmmmmm....

EireTemp.png

hummm hummmmmm......

Snow risk chart for same day......

snowrisk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

We started off we were looking at the 4th, only yesterday it was the 9th and now the 13th, Its out running us here!

Which is a shame as im getting a twinge of excitement loooking at those charts:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

You can never catch up on it.

In 3 more days we will be on the 19th.

Just like in Feb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Two words come to mind when looking at FI Charts - "carrot" and "stick" :D

Can this be my birthday present!?
    Cold28th.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

emm mindgam is that in a reliable timeframe?? ..could it be true or possible?? I certainly hope so :D:D:D:D
    On another note Joe bastardi is back ...nd even better look what he posted !!

"I darn well know to look for a trough over the east 6-10 days later ( day 9 and beyond. And the idea that the trough in Europe will retrograde
    so that arctic air may be able to get back into central and western Europe
    is in the cards ( more on that later)"

Joe bastardi is usually pesimistic of severe cold in europe- he didnt even forecast the cold of december until it was certain to arrive..nd was confident of no cold returning this winter after december ended,so this has got to be good- oh i hope we get some good cold and snow sooon ...PLEASE OH PLEASE :D:D:D:D:)

Where the hell is Beasterly i have something to show him.....

beautifulb.png

ummmmmm.png

Quite a big change in the last 2 outputs on GFS. Instead of an easterly we're now talking about a northerly although to be fair at this timescale im surprised it still has it at all being so far out

marginal.png

northerly.png

• Advertisement

A couple more on the bandwagon

juicy.png

juicy2.png

Advertisement