Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter FI Charts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Iancar29 wrote: »
    haha... ah ye but if snow wasnt an option id kindly take a windstorm over damp and dreary weather anyday :):):)

So would I.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Straw clutching of the highest order to keep me sane during this period of nothingness weather wise.

gens-14-1-384.png?6

gens-14-0-384.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

J6P wrote: »
    Straw clutching of the highest order to keep me sane during this period of nothingness weather wise.

gens-14-1-384.png?6

gens-14-0-384.png?6

haha... dont worry, alot of us do the same! >>> ME for example ha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

J6P wrote: »
    I dunno about that! We can count ourselves lucky that we dont have to suffer the dreaded anticyclonic gloom (not yet anyway)
    About a week ago I was convinced that the Atlantic was about to go on the rampage for the rest of the winter, at least we still have blocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Whatever can be said about the weather now, it's not damp, and it's far better than incessant zonal activity from the atlantic! Of course once it gets cloudy i'll be sick of it!

• Advertisement

My straw pickage of 2day ... :)

gens-0-0-336.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

gens-0-0-336.png?6

From reading MT etc I think that may well come to pass. Its the easterly off a Siberian high (I think?) in Feb we've speculated about. That chart looks epic to my untrained eye.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

gens-0-0-336.png?6

Save the image to ur desktop, then load it up to boards,

This is now a live image and will change with every model run ,

Its gone from having a deep cold pool, -8s uppers to -2s now on the next run !

Ive been caught on this before posting up a page to which black briar said was basically terrible , I only noticed the image I had posted with low uppers had turned to mild muck on the next run when checking in later on .

Save the image to ur desktop, then load it up to boards,

This is now a live image and will change with every model run ,

Its gone from having a deep cold pool, -8s uppers to -2s now on the next run !

Ive been caught on this before posting up a page to which black briar said was basically terrible , I only noticed the image I had posted with low uppers had turned to mild muck on the next run when checking in later on .

Ah crap... i forgot about that ha.... Typical... why cant it go the opposite way, like id be like " ah this chart aint soo bad "... it have -4 uppers . Then on the next run changing to -12! haha ...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Ah crap... i forgot about that ha.... Typical... why cant it go the opposite way, like id be like " ah this chart aint soo bad "... it have -4 uppers . Then on the next run changing to -12! haha ...:rolleyes:

May well do yet. Currently showing a tongue of -16s creeping westwards :)

:eek:Jeez, that's a big straw...!!

Edit : Showing -8s over Ireland now. Going the right way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Wouldn't mind this...
    FIchart1ii.png
    FIchart1.png

Or even this:D
    FIchart2ii.png
    FIchart2.png
    FIchart2iii.png

Snow anyone?

^^^^

The most unbelievably good chart ever id say . . .look how far west the snow risk goes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

^^^^

The most unbelievably good chart ever id say . . .look how far west the snow risk goes!!!

And you would have a better chance of winning the lotto 3 times over before that chart comes off:)

And you would have a better chance of winning the lotto 3 times over before that chart comes off:)

It isn't called Fantasy Island for nothing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

ECM only 96 hrs away:
    144592.GIF
    not bad at 120 hrs:
    144591.GIF

This doesnt even belong in the FI thread, woohooo:D

I'll have egg on my by morning i say:rolleyes:

18z GFS showing High pressure dominating almost all the time from now til the 6th of Feb near the end of the run . . .:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

18z GFS showing High pressure dominating almost all the time from now til the 6th of Feb near the end of the run . . .:eek:

Lovely Hurling :D

Mo straw pickage of 2day.. :)

144904.png

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Looks promising hope it turns out the way its showed on the charts :D

popflop wrote: »
    Looks promising hope it turns out the way its showed on the charts :D

very very very very unlikely. . :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

very very very very unlikely. . :(

We can hope that it is "very very very very unlikely."

Min wrote: »
    I really miss snow on the Castlecomer ."

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Mo straw pickage of 2day.. :)

144904.png

LOL those charts for around 3/4 Feb are like someone constantly flicking a switch On Off On Off On.. It'll probably show something completely different tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Clearly not going to happen but..

gfs-0-252_ltr7.png

Harps wrote: »
    Clearly not going to happen but..

gfs-0-252_ltr7.png

It looks like the vortex is almost on top of Scotland in that chart. That would bring serious blizzards to parts of Scotland. Ah well as you say too bad it won't work out like that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

It looks like the vortex is almost on top of Scotland in that chart. That would bring serious blizzards to parts of Scotland. Ah well as you say too bad it won't work out like that:(

It would be some end to Winter if that did happen:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Interestingly, the ECMWF is also picking up on the exact same system

• Registered Users Posts: 24 goosey93

did a fella a month or so back post a video forecast about a storm like dat cumin in de 1st week of feb?...i cant find the actual thread..bt it had a similar low pressure system..however de wind speeds seemed a bit exagerated

goosey93 wrote: »
    did a fella a month or so back post a video forecast about a storm like dat cumin in de 1st week of feb?...i cant find the actual thread..bt it had a similar low pressure system..however de wind speeds seemed a bit exagerated

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056135253

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Ok serious straw clutching is in order tonight!

ALL models show the Atlantic breaking through soon, how soon? ECM/UKMO say very soon, unusually the GFS delays this, slightly.

Now at the moment it's forecast to be cool/cold zonality with the polar vortex close-by. This may or may not stand, more likely it downgrades to normal mild wet rubbish zonality. We can hope not though. I am not sure how close FI is ATM but i think it's quite close. All major models are showing a seriously deep low at some point in there runs, GFS/UKMO/ECM/BOM and GEM all show this. At different time scales though.

Now forget all that boring mush^^ what's caught my eye tonight is the 18z GFS. In FI this shows the potential for a scandi high to act as a Brick wall as the polar vortex is stopped in it's tracks to the west of Iceland. Now this is only one run in lala land but shows that the Atlantic might be sent packing soon after it arrives. :D

Rtavn3601.png

Dan:cool:

Advertisement