Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter FI Charts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

In a word, no

Looks like some nice mild weather next week but no sign of cold anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Some eye candy, about as good as we're gonna get for now.
    AP336.png
    850t336.png
    Precip336.png

A similar but less dramatic northerly on the 6h gfs today, its been trending towards a northerly blast for the past few days so at least its something interesting to keep an eye on again

Northerly still showing up for the start of March

gfs-0-264_osy6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Seems rather weak. If it's not going to be a full blast then I'd rather the high just builds northwards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

dsmythy wrote: »
    Seems rather weak. If it's not going to be a full blast then I'd rather the high just builds northwards :D

It would be a short sharp blast alright with spring right behind it :)

h850t850eu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

[URL="javascript: viewimage(1);"]h850t850eu.png[/URL]

Still showing up tonight, BOM is amazingly similar but still no sign of a northerly on the ecm so nothing to get excited about yet

gfs-1-228_wfb3.png

bom-1-240_jql7.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Very far out in FI but might aswell water a few mouths!!

lolel.png

lol2w.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Great 18z GFS!!! ECM refuses to come on board, I think the UKMO is trending towards the GFS though.

h850t850eu.png

-
    h850t850eu.png

-
    h850t850eu.png

Heavy snow for the North and East if this happens. :D

Dan :cool:

• Advertisement

yup,pretty much a repeat of the late november phemomenon..except when the electricity goes off due to the ice and snow bringing down the lines,you won;t need to light the candles 'till around 6 pm or so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Most have given up on the chances of snow, though all this is FI I love the fact that some will still make comments of a return. In fact it's better because it's when we least expect it that it happens :)

And also, if it doesn't happen I still love all the maybes, thanks to everyone here, hopefully I'll get the confidence to contribute something next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I dont pay much attention to FI charts any more but records show that very early winters which are followed by average Januarys and mild Februarys are almost always followed by a much colder than average March.
    Wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Interesting. I was reading Philip's Eden column earlier, he was talking about how very mild Feburay's are sometimes followed by a sting in the tail come early March.
    That being said as we all know the GFS is notorious for showing eye candy charts on one run only to drop them completely or seriously dilute them on the next run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

ah yes nacho, I think I finally understand the way all this works.

When we had the cold spell the GFS kept pushing the mild Atlantic fronts out by a few days and eventually, AFTER BASICALLY A MONTH! they came through.

Now it's the turn of the cold from the east/north. They keep getting pushed out, but will they come through for us? I guess the further we enter into spring the less likely it is but still, stranger things have happened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Interesting. I was reading Philip's Eden column earlier, he was talking about how very mild Feburay's are sometimes followed by a sting in the tail come early March.
    That being said as we all know the GFS is notorious for showing eye candy charts on one run only to drop them completely or seriously dilute them on the next run.

Thats very true nacho, but this isnt only one run, the GFS has produced this northerly/north-easterly consistently for the last two days or so. There are big differences in the models at timeframes that arent really in FI and so i would take this output quite seriously if its still there on the 00z. That being said it could be a very diluted version of whats being shown or the ECM could be right. My money is on the GFS atm but i wouldnt be betting very much. Lol

The first chart i posted is only 7 Days away -

Dan :cool:

Humm the cold charts have started to come into a possible timeframe. Still way out in FI but they seem to have this cold spell consistently coming around the 3-6 march and have done now for 3 days

Are we go for launch of the new rollarcoaster?

99093525.png

forhu.png

launch.png

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

starting to look interesting .. hopefully all the charts will come on board an follow suit :)

ECM is finally coming on board :D

ECM1-192_wkk8.GIF

Not as nice as the gfs but simply the fact that its showing a northerly is a big plus. GEM is also agreeing and the UKMO seems to be trending that way as well.

The charts say everything! 3 days of charts with serious cold

Things are getting interesting. No pushing back the cold as of yet and if anything a huge upgrade

keeplx.png

keep1f.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The charts say everything! 3 days of charts with serious cold

Things are getting interesting. No pushing back the cold as of yet and if anything a huge upgrade

keeplx.png

keep1f.png

Ecm changed again and says no:rolleyes:

Ecm changed again and says no:rolleyes:

Bitch please. ECMWF is the only chart not showing the cold arriving. Please see below!

nogaps.png

bomi.png

gefs.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

All over . . . .but as was once sung:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

All over . . . .but as was once sung:

So you're officially declaring Winter over:( Could you not have waited one more day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

It's not over untill the fat snow god sings.

I'll just leave these here...

doidare.png

doidare2.png

doidare3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

I guess it wouldn't hurt to drop these in either?

snowmarch.png

precipmarch.png

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

:) wats the chances of the above happening ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Its not that much in F1 but it prob wont happen, so take it with a very small pinch of salt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

F1? :P

We are always 6-7 days away from something good. Last week the dates were 2nd- 4th March, now we are into 7th, on the 7th it we will be looking at FI 13th march.

Stuck in a cycle...

Advertisement