Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Wasn't expecting to be smaller than the DSi. Once it has WPA2 compatibility I'll be happy.

Neither was I, expected it to be mush larger so I'm happily suprised of it's size, just wish they'd hurry up and release it so I can have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Top screen seems to be larger than the Ds screens.I imagine that Nintendo would have to charge a bomb if they made this the size of the DSi XL.Thats what they'll do with the inevitable upgrade but I don't care i'm buying this on release date.Can't wait for the 19th of January to hopefully find out the price,release date & launch line up.
    Meant to ask earlier can we pre-order this yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

96MB of RAM and it will be capable of pushing out those graphics? I'm well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

GTR63 wrote: »
    Meant to ask earlier can we pre-order this yet.

Gamestop are taking pre-orders.

I know it won't happen but I'd love Nintendo to add an Achievements/Trophies system to the 3DS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

96MB of RAM and it will be capable of pushing out those graphics? I'm well impressed.

i think the ps2 had like 26 mb of ram or similar and that had some great visuals (FF X springs to mind) if the graphics are at the gamecube/wii level i will be happy so long as they keep bringing out all the great games for it like the ds, it also really looks like nintendo are trying to attract in the core gamers with this handheld which has me very happy after all this kinect/move crap

Read on N4G that a few of the UK Game shops sites have a March 1st release date for the Nintendo 3DS.Its also rumoured that the Games will cost more.Anyone know if they are putting the Charging Dock in with the 3DS Console or is it sold seperately.

There is a good site 3DSbuzz.com that has a lot of info & rumours.It has a picture of a Gamestation poster that has a £180 price tag on the 3DS.

Battery life is 3-5 Hours for Nintendo 3DS Games & 5-8 hour life for Nintendo DS Games.It takes 3 & a half hours to fully charge the 3DS.Thats dissapointing if i'm honest.Can't post a link but read this on N4G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Read on N4G that a few of the UK Game shops sites have a March 1st release date for the Nintendo 3DS.Its also rumoured that the Games will cost more.Anyone know if they are putting the Charging Dock in with the 3DS Console or is it sold seperately.

There is a good site 3DSbuzz.com that has a lot of info & rumours.It has a picture of a Gamestation poster that has a £180 price tag on the 3DS.

The dock is called the "3ds Charging cradle" and it will be included :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Battery life is 3-5 Hours for Nintendo 3DS Games & 5-8 hour life for Nintendo DS Games.It takes 3 & a half hours to fully charge the 3DS.Thats dissapointing if i'm honest.Can't post a link but read this on N4G.

yeah thats disappointing tbh, hopefully its not true because if it is id say il just wait for the next version which will have better battery life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hmm, that is a little disappointing. long charge time too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

3.5 hours battery life is a bit of a let down tbh. Think i'll wait until the 2nd generation til i consider getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,315 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can't wait to get a cheap DS lite and DSi when it's released :)

Why? What DS do you currently have?

What one would you recommend I get by the way if I decided to spash out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Going to Pre Book my 3DS in the morning i don't really need but i will still get it anyway

Does anyone know how much you have to put down in gamestop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

graphics looking fairly well, heres a gameplay video of Resident evil.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nintendo-world-resident-evil/709097

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Must say the japanese launch line up is a bit underwhelming. Besides Professor Layton I can't see myself buying any. Maybe NFL Madden will get in the US/EU Line-up its the type of game that'd pass the time,but I never got any NFL game on the DS.There isn't much of a sign of the big list of exciting games from the 3DS reveal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    Why? What DS do you currently have?

What one would you recommend I get by the way if I decided to spash out?

I've a DS phat I got on launch day and the touch screen is scratched from playing the shut out of Ouendan and elite beat agents. I'd get a DS lite. With the DSi you gain DSiware and cameras but at the loss of the GBA slot. I can live without the cameras an will be getting DSiware on the 3DS (not a lot on it that is good other than Shantae an a few others).

Paper Mario looks excellent. Is this a new game or a remake? I played the Wii version and thought it was pretty good.

Mario Kart 3DS is a certain purchase as well.

Check this link for full line up of games and all the info needed.

As for the launch line up it's a good line up and will sell the system to most people unless they price it out of contention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Has the price been confirmed at 249?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Has the price been confirmed at 249?

No there is no confirmed price yet, we'll find out on the 19th I believe at the European unveiling in Amsterdam

pdbhp wrote: »
    As for the launch line up it's a good line up and will sell the system to most people unless they price it out of contention.

They could launch with just Hello Kitty World Adventure & it'd still sell millions. I was hoping a Mario game would launch with it or a Zelda.As for the Price it was rumoured that its £180 in the Uk i'd imagine a €240 price is likely over here.

They could launch with just Hello Kitty World Adventure & it'd still sell millions. I was hoping a Mario game would launch with it or a Zelda.As for the Price it was rumoured that its £180 in the Uk i'd imagine a €240 price is likely over here.

Yea around the €250 would be a reasonable assumption of the price.
    There's only gonna be 4 milloin units for the worldwide launch so they'll be in short suplly

With Pokemon Black & White out on March 4th.Okamiden the 18th of March & the 3DS it'll be a great month.Must pre order all of them on Friday.

pdbhp wrote: »
    There's only gonna be 4 million units for the worldwide launch so they'll be in short suplly

1.5 Million to Japan & 2.5 Million for the rest of the World.Anyone know how many DS there was at launch,it didn't really take off straight away if i'm not mistaken.I got mine in June of that year.

Don't think the DS phat sold much at launch as it was a slow burner.
    As for the 3DS I'd say if you don't pre order it you'll be left out in the cold with no console

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I strolled into the locale gamestop at lunch time on launch day and picked one up. There wasn't any real interest in the system until Nintendogs arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I strolled into the locale gamestop at lunch time on launch day and picked one up. There wasn't any real interest in the system until Nintendogs arrived.

How much was it Retr0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Apparently Nintendo JP have confirmed it's gonna be region locked.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418359

Advertisement