Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eddhorse wrote: »
    How much was it Retr0?

Can't remember, think it was 250.
    Apparently Nintendo JP have confirmed it's gonna be region locked.

Cunts

Well I'm not buying one until it's hacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I paid 200 euros for the 1st day it came out over here

I got super mario 64 ds and the ubiz and a pack of stuff for the ds

I still have the POP from the day i got the ds

The ds was 149 euros in gamestop on the 11/03/05

Pre booked my 3ds there today in gamestop getting the blue black one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Apparently Nintendo JP have confirmed it's gonna be region locked.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418359

Nintendo really need to get over the region locked crap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the only reason i would buy a nintendo handheld is for the rpg's and when it comes to rpg's europe gets forgotten which is why importing from NA is so great seeing as they are never forgotten but now nintendo have decided to region lock....why what does it achieve??? i aint buying one from europe if at all anymore :mad: i was hyped for the 3ds until i heard this news ffs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cant wait for this, Im not one for keeping onto handhelds for any longer than a month but I have a feeling this will be sticking around. Lets hope for some impressive innovative games now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

REgion Locked is terrible news, clearly I wouldn't be importing games from Japan but I would expect to be importing games from the us either because they simply aren't available over here or because the prices are so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,611 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't know what to do now. I was ready to put a deposit down for one in a game shop in town...but if they're region locked I think I'll just wait and import a US console. Really dissapointed by this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Why do they region lock it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Balls, I was gonna pick one up when I visit NY in May.
    Sh1tty move out of Nintendo even though they did the same with the DSi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Not too impressed with the Japanese launch lineup (aside from Layton, which we won't get because the Japanese are two games ahead), especially the sight of another Ridge Racer game at a console launch :eek: Nintendogs+Cats will be a system seller though

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Balls, I was gonna pick one up when I visit NY in May.

If I were you I still would. Buy a couple of games with it over there to do you and then when you get back here just import future games from the US.

Master of the Universe

woops, double post.

im totally put off the 3ds with the news of it being region locked :( so many games never make it to europe or are delayed for ages, one hope i have is that its just the online store but that is a thin hope

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

March 18th is the date being listed by some UK Retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

At first I was pissed when I heard it was going to be region locked. Then I remembered that I import the vast majority of DS games from the States anyway. :o So I ought to get an American 3DS if the console tickles my fancy. The one question is whether the region locking will mean I won't be able to use it online here in Ireland and that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Mr E wrote: »
    March 18th is the date being listed by some UK Retailers.

£250 pounds sterling so that'll be €300 over in this kip...
    I'll have to think long and hard about getting one as I'll need to spend €500 what with games and all:(

pdbhp wrote: »
    £250 pounds sterling so that'll be €300 over in this kip...
    I'll have to think long and hard about getting one as I'll need to spend €500 what with games and all:(

if im buying one (and they are actually region locked) il get one from america (which will probably end up being cheaper anyway) as europe gets constantly crapped on by Japanese devs when it comes to handheld releases

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sisko wrote: »
    Why do they region lock it ?

Good question Sisko :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Hmmm I might be headed to the US this spring, depending on the price I might just pick one up over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'm gonna go with a European version. About 1/3 of my DS games are from the US, and a small handful (5 or so) from Japan. The fact is that I like dropping in to local shops to see what they have in, especially when looking for pre-owned out-of-print games that I simply couldn't afford to buy when new. (Works in my favour if loads of people who do otherwise decide to go for US versions :D) I'll pick up a US one eventually, probably pre-owned a year or two down the line, will start hunting down US games that didn't get an EU release then. As for a Japanese one, although I'll probably miss a few gems (if the DS Japanese-only games are anything to go by), the language barrier means that a lot of them would be unplayable anyway.

• Advertisement

Nintendo have just updated there line up in japan so i say we might get a lot more games when the 3ds comes out over here

Maybe we can update the Thread Title To Nintendo 3DS Thread

Also Read This On IGN
    3DS is going to have some major online support right out the gate at launch. Capcom has shared details on Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition's online play, which looks like it could rival the game's console counterparts.

To play online in Super SFIV 3D Edition, you select "Internet Versus" from the title screen. You'll be able to select quick match, custom match and friend match. Quick match gets you into a match quickly (hence the name). Custom match lets you specify parameters in your search for an opponent. Friend match lets you select an opponent from your friend list.

Famitsu, the source for this information, says that you'll be able to place people on your friend list by exchanging friend codes with them. The magazine doesn't provide further details. Will this be a game-specific friend list and friend code? Or does the 3DS have system-wide implementations of these systems? We'll have to wait for Nintendo to comment.

The game also supports local wireless play through its Versus mode. This mode allows for player vs player, player vs cpu, cpu vs cpu and download play. As with download play options on DS games, download play here will let you transfer a temporary copy of the game to a friend so that you can compete using just one cart.

Both local and online play will work with arcade challenges. Similar to the console Super SFIV games, you'll be able to set 3D Edition to interrupt you with challenges as you play arcade mode. These challenges can come from both local players and online players.

Separate from online play, Famitsu also reveals this week that 3D Edition will have "medals." These appear to function like achievements, as you unlock them by fulfilling certain conditions.

Super SFIV 3D Edition arrives in Japan on February 26 opposite the 3DS system. It's likely that the game will be a launch title throughout the world as well. We'll find out specifics on the North American launch later this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The latest rumour of a eyewatering €350 price tag is worrying you could buy a PS3 & any game or a Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle for that.€45 price for the 3DS games is no change for me anyway.€350 though, thats more than twice of what the DS costed at Launch(and since really).

Its going to cost at max 269 euro for it.

Nintendo are not that stupid 25000 yen is

25,000.00 JPY = 226.204 EUR
    Japan Yen Euro 1 JPY = 0.00904816 EUR 1 EUR = 110.520 JPY
    So when is 25000 yen make 350 euro maybe in your world sir but this is the real world

I was cheating to one of the head gamestop mangers the outer day and he told me that the max is 269 euro for it

Where did you find out this BS from ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

As I said it was a rumour.I read it on ConnectedConsoles.com.I hope it isn't true, as far as them giving us the same price as in Japan that never happened before & won't happen for the 3DS either.They always screw the west with prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm more than happy with my DS lite to pay any more than €200 for this. Feel sorry for parents at Christmas when the inevitable shortage occurs.

Was just looking in Japan that the DSI XL is 19000 yen which is 171 euro which is the same as here for the DSI XL

PS) I Never in my life believe that made up joke site has a insider :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Was just looking in Japan that the DSI XL is 19000 yen which is 171 euro which is the same as here for the DSI XL

Am i missing something here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

http://twitter.com/Wossy/status/26247515548422144

Jonathan Ross is going to be hosting the amsterdam event on the 19th. Dropped a hint in his twitter that their may be some metroid news too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Let's hope our eyes survive the 3DS a little bit more effectively than the above!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

looks like price leaked for 3ds.

http://www.lazygamer.net/nintendo-3ds-price-leakedprepare-for-the-pain/

it might be off, but somehow i feel it will be prety much same price as they say. 349eu...

i prebooked it allready, putted down 20eu for it. Sounds like it will be 350eu just for console itself with no games, 50eu for 1 game too...

if thats true, i will just cancel my prebooking or i will just let them keep that 20eu, as this is just insane price tag... 400eu for handheld with 1 game? no thanks... ill drop a few more quid and just buy a laptop form myself...

Advertisement