Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say it willbe about 200 euro in japan but Nintendo will up the price to 250 euro/dollars like they did with the Wii.

Thats what I'd think they'd release it at anything over 250 and I'll have to think about buying it which would be a shame cos I'm totally looking forward to this sweet console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

At E200 I'd have to seriously consider it, (so long as it is a s good as people have been saying) especially if it has a robust Download service and some good launch titles. The prospect of some Cheap DS games is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the only reason ive lost interest in the 3ds is because like always we will get shafted for living in Europe probably wont get it until next summer and it will cost more here as well :(, i wonder will the 3ds be region unlocked as in you could import one from america and it will work with pal games :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-29-3ds-out-in-europe-and-us-in-march
    The 3DS will be released in Europe and North America in March 2011, Nintendo has announced.

The glasses-free 3D-enabled handheld will be released in Japan on 26th February.

During a Japan press conference, Nintendo revealed that the console will cost 25,000 Yen, or almost exactly $299. US and European pricing was not revealed.

The 3DS will include a Game Boy Virtual Console, which features Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance titles. Screenshots from classics Super Mario Land and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX were shown.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata showed a video which featured a number of 3DS games, including Pilotwings Resort, Chocobo Racing, Paper Mario, Ridge Racer, Professor Layton, Starfox 64, Animal Crossing and The Legend of Zelda.

The 3DS can connect on Wi-Fi when in sleep mode and automatically download data, including rankings, ghost rankings, free software and more. A new 3DS tag mode can store data for multiple games at once - you dont have to be playing the game at the time to exchange data. A light on upper-right of the unit shows when your console has passed another 3DS and received data.

The 3DS will also come with a 2GB SD card packed in (you can save your Miis to it), and a feature that can auto-merge two photos into one.

Other tidbits revealed: The Last Story will be released in Japan on 27th January. Nintendo will release a DSi LL Super Mario 25th anniversary version on 28th October in Japan. Iwata confirmed the already leaked Wii Remote Plus, with details to come at a later date. Resident Evil: Revelations and Metal Gear Solid 3DS were shown. You can stop gameplay to connect to the web via a browser. There is a Mii creation studio. All 3DS games can communicate while in sleep mode.

And more: Namco Bandai would like to use Tag Mode for rankings and exchanging ghost data in Ridge Racer 3DS. Street Fighter IV 3DS will use Wi-Fi to receive fight requests wherever you are.

Meanwhile, Capcom just announced the Mega Man Legends 3 Project for the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I wasn't planning on buying a 3DS but that GB/GBC/GBA VC sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

The price puts me out of Day 1 territory, I may try wait until the 3DS 'Lite'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Some vids...

Functions:
    http://kotaku.com/5650691/see-the-nintendo-3dss-new-functions-in-action

SUPER Street Fighter 4 (thank fek they went with the Super version...looks sweet!)
    http://kotaku.com/5650704/a-super-street-fighter-iv-3ds-trailer-with-gameplay

Lots of different gameplay vids (Ridge Racer looks **** but the rest...)
    http://kotaku.com/5650702/watch-almost-every-3ds-game-in-action

AND...Capcom are releasing two Resident Evil games, one normal one and one that has all the mercenaries extra games from Resi 4 & 5 - in online multiplayer...yes, online multiplayer 3D Resi :eek:

The price is very high but some of the games look absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm sold, day one purchase for me.

PRICE!! People Price!
    Gotta keep it affordable so I can buy it.
    So now it looks like its gonna be around €300 thats not good for me, hopefully there's a pack in game with it to tempt me to part with my cash which is a crying shame cos I was totally hyped about this console release.:(

Just watched the videos and maybe I was wrong it is worth €300 so it looks like a day one purchase for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Giving up the pricing advantage is an interesting move. I'm not sure the focus on hardcore and going after the PSP market was expected to extend to price too. I'm sure they're more than confident they can see off a challenge from Sony given the performance of the DS, but they are taking a couple more chances.

I could see DS continuing to sell alongside this if the masses don't really cotton on to 3D in a big way as a must-have difference over DS. At least until they get the price down. People may be happy with their DS as it is?

As for games, Capcom is trying which is heartening, but everyone else's stuff mostly looks boring. Asides from the megaman game and maybe the RE game, the only other interesting stuff for me is all ports and remakes - including from Nintendo. Namco is shameless - the Ridge Racer they've announced appears to be a port of the iPhone game, and their other game is a PS2 Tales port.

By the way, I highly doubt this means a price of 300 euros. I think 250. Nintendo's always discounted US and EU pricing compared to Japan. They might be waiting to see how the strength of the yen evolves to announce US and EU prices though. If it was 300 I think they'd be taking an awfully huge risk, but I don't think it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

I reckon this could be a day one for me too. Bit annoyed at the price tag though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

what i dont get is with a price tag like that they arnt trying to go for the Xmas market :confused: 2 or 3 months really isnt anything

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

what i dont get is with a price tag like that they arnt trying to go for the Xmas market :confused: 2 or 3 months really isnt anything
    Its because the Ds is still selling well.

February is a good time to sell consoles in Japan sure Sony released the PSP 1000 just after christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks good to me, although the graphical quality seems inconsistent (Kid Icarus, Resi, SFIV etc... look amazing, but I can't help but be disappointed by the lack of a makeover for Ocriana of Time). I'm not sure if it will be a day one purchase considering I likely won't have a job at that time, but if I can wrangle the money together I'm very interested.

I'm sure it will come in at 250 euro, and that the DS will continue to sell, the basis being that its cheaper and anything you buy for your DSi includng downloads will be compatible with the 3DS.

Incidently if you thing Zelda OOT hasn't had a makeover take a look at some original N64 screens ad see what you think.

I'm still hoping for a windwaker port too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

I'm sure they'll keep the ordinary DS line going as well and wouldn't be surprised if we see a DSi Lite. Reason for this is because it's well known that 3-d is not good for kids eyes - there's been plenty of coverage about disclaimers on new 3-d tvs and whatnot so I'm guessing that the 3ds will be aimed at adults while the DSi will continue for kids.

Just my two cents but I haven't seen anything about any particular 3-d tech that doesn't hurt underdeveloped eyes in kids under 10.

I'll be buying it day one though, all for myself! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've heard rumours that the 3DS will be March in Japan and will coincide with the launch of Monster Hunter 3 on the PSP. A launch like that would probbaly totally crush the PSP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've heard rumours that the 3DS will be March in Japan and will coincide with the launch of Monster Hunter 3 on the PSP. A launch like that would probbaly totally crush the PSP.

Feb 26th was announced as the release date today! March over here, supposedly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think a preorder is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Japans prices are always €/$50 more than EU/NA price, so will be between 200 and 250 over here so i've heard from a lot of people. Someone told me Wii was €50 cheaper here than Japan on release.
    When was it announced for release in Europe and America?
    Thought it was just anounced for November for japan.
    Didnt Ninty say other Nintendo branches will announced release details in the next while this morning?

Ah well at least it gives us a good bit of time to save up for console and a few games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Here's the lineup trailer:

Japans prices are always €/$50 more than EU/NA price, so will be between 200 and 250 over here so i've heard from a lot of people. Someone told me Wii was €50 cheaper here than Japan on release.

The Wii had an RRP 50 euros more expensive than the japanese release and also all the retailers other than argos added an extra 20 on top of that.

Also Megaman Legends 3 announced, nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Can't wait for this.Any news of the Launch Line up titles.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Keep in mind though that at launch in Japan, the Wii did not come bundled with Wii Sports, which may account for some of the price disparity.

Traditionally a console has always launched significantly more expensively in europe than america and even more expensive than in japan.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Can't wait for this.Any news of the Launch Line up titles.

Launch titles in Japan sweet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

thanks for that pdbhp .... . there are like 10 titles on the list I just have to have.
    I am soooo looking forward to the 3DS just ashame I probably won't be able to buy it when it first comes out T_T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

A definite day one purchase. Many of those games look amazing. It might be boring but first game will be Mario Kart.

Advertisement