Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Really guys Really Nintendo are not that stupid to bring out a ds at 350 euros

at 1st it was 200 euro then 250 euro then 350 euro then 400 euro next 600 euro

All this is. Is some fan boys trying to make out the PSP 2 is the big thing not the 3DS

50 euro for a game is not bad int DS games 50 euro our is it just me

We wont no to next weak anyway how much it going to cost

news just in that the 3DS is going to cost 750 euro and games are going to be 100 euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

They'd have to be mad to put it out at that price. As much as I wan't one that's just insane.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I can't see a 3DS topping 200 euros. Isn't that what a Wii costs these days? I'm sure there's a version of a 360 for the same.

And if it does, well, I won't be buying one. :pac:

I heard a nasty rumour that you can't play the 3DS for more than ~1hr, or you'll get eye-strain - and I get headaches pretty easy (hence I can't play FPS games) Has that been squashed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I can't see a 3DS topping 200 euros. Isn't that what a Wii costs these days? I'm sure there's a version of a 360 for the same.

And if it does, well, I won't be buying one. :pac:

I heard a nasty rumour that you can't play the 3DS for more than ~1hr, or you'll get eye-strain - and I get headaches pretty easy (hence I can't play FPS games) Has that been squashed yet?

Given there's a dial that can effectively turn off any 3D effects on the side of the unit (and effectively turn it into a regular screen) as well as it being marketed to play films as long as the three-hour Avatar in 3D, I think the word that should be stressed in that sentence is rumour.

A bigger issue for me is Nintendo letting slip the 3DS is region locked: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/11/report-3ds-will-be-region-locked/

If this was to mean complete region-locking of retail games it'd make the 3DS significantly less desirable to me as there a large chunk of my DS games that were either US exclusives or available there months in advance, and cheaper at that. It'd also end a region free handheld tradition that started with the original Game Boy, making it all the more bitter a pill to swallow. I'd hope it's a miscommunication and they're refering to only 3DSware but they did annouce that DSi software was to be region-locked, but as interesting DSi-enhanced retail releases were few and far between that was a non-issue, unless ou happened to want to play the Japanese versions of Pokémon Black & White.

PSP 2 is starting to sound more and more platatable the longer I'm stuck gestating about the 3DS, and the lack of discussion in all quarters about the fact the 3DS has walked right into the PSP's one stick nightmare is staggering as in practice it's going to be a huge issue when controlling characters in 3D worlds, which will obviously account for a huge portion of the 3DS's catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Syferus wrote: »
    Given there's a dial that can effectively turn off any 3D effects on the side of the unit (and effectively turn it into a regular screen) as well as it being marketed to play films as long as the three-hour Avatar in 3D, I think the word that should be stressed in that sentence is rumour.

A bigger issue for me is Nintendo letting slip the 3DS is region locked: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/11/report-3ds-will-be-region-locked/

If this was to mean complete region-locking of retail games it'd make the 3DS significantly less desirable to me as there a large chunk of my DS games that were either US exclusives or available there months in advance, and cheaper at that. It'd also end a region free handheld tradition that started with the original Game Boy, making it all the more bitter a pill to swallow. I'd hope it's a miscommunication and they're refering to only 3DSware but they did annouce that DSi software was to be region-locked, but as interesting DSi-enhanced retail releases were few and far between that was a non-issue, unless ou happened to want to play the Japanese versions of Pokémon Black & White.

PSP 2 is starting to sound more and more platatable the longer I'm stuck gestating about the 3DS, and the lack of discussion in all quarters about the fact the 3DS has walked right into the PSP's one stick nightmare is staggering as in practice it's going to be a huge issue when controlling characters in 3D worlds, which will obviously account for a huge portion of the 3DS's catalogue.

I too am hoping its just the online store thats region locked because if it isnt i aint buying a pal 3ds as for the one stick i think its pretty stupid of the company to not put another one on for good measure even though the touch screen can be used instead of a stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Pre Ordered it yesterday... Got 250 for my Halo Xbox so just left all the credit with them so I can pick it up and hopefully not spend the credit before launch.. Hope for some decent launch titles..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Pre Ordered it yesterday... Got 250 for my Halo Xbox so just left all the credit with them so I can pick it up and hopefully not spend the credit before launch.. Hope for some decent launch titles..

wow u traded in ur xbox! :eek: What 3DS game(s) are you looking forward to most?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Live updates from todays conference over on Eurogamer here, says it doesn't kick off until 2pm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

jaykhunter wrote: »
    wow u traded in ur xbox! :eek: What 3DS game(s) are you looking forward to most?

damn right i did.. tbh i only need one console one handheld.. sony win for consoles and nintendo for handhelds..

i am praying RE Revelations is a launch title.. looking forward to mario kart, GTA, layton vs phoenix and possibly zelda..

damn right i did.. tbh i only need one console one handheld.. sony win for consoles and nintendo for handhelds..

i am praying RE Revelations is a launch title.. looking forward to mario kart, GTA, layton vs phoenix and possibly zelda..

I Hate to tell you none of them games are comeing out at launch maybe mario kart but we will see later today

Was reading somewhere that there showing the ament live at 2.00 on the nin website

• Advertisement

gamespot have something live for the 3ds event whether its a video or not i dont know

Jonathon Ross presenting, video here.

Eurosport 3D and Sky 3D on the 3DS holy Shi.t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Shaun the sheep... meh.

What are the launch games dammit!

Shaun the sheep... meh.

What are the launch games dammit!

Yeah boring as feck so far. No game footage or mention of launch games/pricing etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

US get it March 27th for $250.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

US DATE AND PRICE: 27th March, $249.99. - from eurogamer

That would be about €185, so 200 is probably launch price here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

At Least the 350 euro rumours were false!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Are they actually going to announce the price? seems they have announced everything else

We're getting it March 25th according to EG. For the love of God I want a price & lauch line up.

• Advertisement

"Price to be decided by retailer" nice one nintendo, bet we will screwed with the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,315 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jesus at 180 even I might be tempted - backwards compatibility, right?

What a waste of time that was, no definitive launch lineup and no base price. :(

noodler wrote: »
    Jesus at 180 even I might be tempted - backwards compatibility, right?

It plays DS/DSi games, You can download GBA and GB games from the store i think

where the hell is the price? if retailers get to decide we are definitely going to get screwed over in europe so il be buying a NA one and just import all my games (if region lock rumors are true which they also didnt shed any light on :rolleyes:)

What a load of bollax no price(which I just know we're going to get robbed by our own Retailers) we still haven't clue of any games for Launch.What was the point of this if it was only to reveal the Launch day do that with a press release.

HMV in the UK have set the price of £230 for the 3DS.Prepare for daylight robbery.

GTR63 wrote: »
    What a load of bollax no price(which I just know we're going to get robbed by our own Retailers) we still haven't clue of any games for Launch.What was the point of this if it was only to reveal the Launch day do that with a press release.

i love how in the NA conference your man was saying "we where told the 3ds is worth in between $300 - $400 but we wont do that to you" yeah unless your from europe were retailers will charge those nutty prices :mad:

HMV in the UK have set the price of £230 for the 3DS.Prepare for daylight robbery.

as i said import the damn thing so they dont get any business here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

and £220 @ Play

Advertisement