Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If anyone doesn't know, if u have a Wii you can play the Original Ocarina of Time; either as packed in with Windwaker (GameCube) as the Wii plays gamecube games, or as LoZ : Collector's Edition (Gamecube) which has the two NES games and the two N64 games (OoT and Majora's Mask).

U'd be able to pick either up for cheaper than buying the OoT 3DS. And you get to play it on a TV!

Although if u have a 3DS you should definitely play Ocarina of Time, I just prefer playing things on my tv :o and for cheaper lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If anyone doesn't know, if u have a Wii you can play the Original Ocarina of Time; either as packed in with Windwaker (GameCube) as the Wii plays gamecube games, or as LoZ : Collector's Edition (Gamecube) which has the two NES games and the two N64 games (OoT and Majora's Mask).l

You can also download it off Wii's Virtual Console, it's about 1000 points. Something near a tenner last I recall, haven't used the VC in yonks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

usa only atm.

europe is getting the cut too, 30% in the next month or so

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Helix wrote: »
    europe is getting the cut too, 30% in the next month or so

maybe I wont have to buy it in the states afterall then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

we better be getting that cut :mad: it wouldnt be right if the us was paying $170 and yet we would still be getting f****d for €250 does seem like the kind of dick move that would be pulled on us though.

i thought we where all getting the cut around the 13th of august :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Star fox, a game I played over a decade ago can't come quick enough :rolleyes:

Lord have mercy, give me Super Probotector for a fiver from the Nintendo Store. Something.

Nintendo fk-ed up.

I fk-ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Grayditch wrote: »
    Star fox, a game I played over a decade ago can't come quick enough :rolleyes:

Can't wait for Star Fox, it's due out on September 9th. Kid Icarus:Uprising is another I'm looking forward to.

Bad news about Snake Eater 3D though, it's been delayed: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/07/metal-gear-solid-snake-eater-3d-delayed-until-2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

we better be getting that cut :mad: it wouldnt be right if the us was paying $170 and yet we would still be getting f****d for €250 does seem like the kind of dick move that would be pulled on us though.

i thought we where all getting the cut around the 13th of august :(

I can tell you that the EU are definitely getting a cut, it was announced to the company I work for, but there's been no figures thrown about yet. Pre-owned prices have been cut to reflect the future drop in a brand new 3ds and trade in prices have plummeted too. We'll know more closer to the 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mr. K wrote: »
    Bad news about Snake Eater 3D though, it's been delayed: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/07/metal-gear-solid-snake-eater-3d-delayed-until-2012/

Hopefully that means they're going to overhaul the visuals, they looked pretty jagged and ugly in the videos.

Notorious wrote: »
    I can tell you that the EU are definitely getting a cut, it was announced to the company I work for, but there's been no figures thrown about yet. Pre-owned prices have been cut to reflect the future drop in a brand new 3ds and trade in prices have plummeted too. We'll know more closer to the 13th.

well tbh we should at least have the same figure as the us $170-€170 (even though our currency is worth more :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement

well tbh we should at least have the same figure as the us $170-€170 (even though our currency is worth more :rolleyes: )

US figures dont include taxes

how much will a US 3ds cost after the cut? $180 or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It'll be interesting to see how much the console actually is in shops after the cut as many have been discounting it already. HMV are selling it for €215, having previously had it at €205.

how much will a US 3ds cost after the cut? $180 or so?

$169.99 + taxes

Advertisement