Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC2011 (Design and communication graphics) - do NOT post images of exam material

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mc_teo

I wish I had found this thread sooner, could of saved me a lot of trouble.

Did everyone else like stick to their first satnav closely. I tried to maintain as much accuracy as I could (using a vernier calipers for the measurements).

What did yous use to render your photorealistics? I made a custom texture and bump-map for my part B, but only took a few photorealistics of it, then used some standard one to ensure combatibility.

Did any of your add any animation to your? Probably no marks going for it, but I added some animations to the Part B.

I was lucky that some of my best friends, (about 5 in class) are very good at the Solidworks. Our teacher said he's going to look into getting us some certification for proficiency in it, for CV if nothing else. Ill attach some of my photorealistics below. They are high enough resolution so Ill save your bandwidth and have them as attachments. I don't have the ones that I included in my project, so these ones will have to do.

I have some of my concept if anyone wants a gawk?

EDIT: also, hi Sharleen, i think we might have a mutual friend called Robert? do we?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 squiglicious

Concept from last years brief

concept2010.jpg
    By niallquigley at 2011-02-25

closedbasketball.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

Concept from last years brief

concept2010.jpg

closedbasketball.jpg

Kerry Radio 94.7 must of lost you a few marks id say... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

hows things going with the drawing side of things now that the project is finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

RHunce wrote: »
    hows things going with the drawing side of things now that the project is finished?

We havnt started the course, did nothing last year, i presume this isnt good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Ian_K wrote: »
    We havnt started the course, did nothing last year, i presume this isnt good?

You havent started the course:eek: Have ya done any drawing at all in 6th Year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

NotExactly wrote: »
    You havent started the course:eek: Have ya done any drawing at all in 6th Year?

Did nothing in 5th year and spent every class this year on the project, this not good news for us then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Did nothing in 5th year and spent every class this year on the project, this not good news for us then?

That is very very bad, we've yet to start part C but I think we've done almost everything from part A and B, are you sure you haven't done anything???

I've been revising for the last few days, getting annoyed with Interpenetration though. I understand it all but it just takes so long...

Holy sh!t ye have nothing done? Don't expect to cover a two year course in 4 months :O

We've everything covered now. So the next four months is just revision, we got very lucky with our teacher though, he's very good. We'd never tell him that though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 squiglicious

You need to know the oblique plane inside out for part a and b, traces, line of intersection, cut solids. Pupils have rarely attemped and when attempted have made an utter bags of that question the past few years and it will stay on the paper until pupils learn it or more to the point teachers start teaching it. Oblique plane, Conic Sections, Perspective and Axonometric Projections, Interpenetration of surfaces . see link
    capturezra.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Ian K,

That's seriously worrying, can you get your hands on a notes book or somebody's folder from a previous year? You really need to get started now, there's a lot of stuff to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

Bit like meself! :P

had our pre today! it was intense and kind of different to any other paper i've ever done! holding out for an B1 in it, hopefully an A

Got mine on thursday, bit apprehensive, I've been doing questions over the last while. I hope to get an A on the parts we've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cookier

my concept.. it hangs between the windscreen and dashboard!

<images deleted at poster's request>

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

@Cookier

I really like your idea. On what did you base it?

Paczini wrote: »
    @Cookier

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say:

The Birds Nest Stadium

2u9oc28.jpg

and The Samuel Beckett Bridge?

2nlycr9.jpg

So I suppose cookier based it on architecture or structures or something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cookier

@Cookier

Thank you!

And yes RHunce got it in one.

RHunce wrote: »
    I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say

Did you not include these pictures in your output 7?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

Does anyone know if we will actually be able to see what we got in these projects????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

This was my new concept lads, the back is a solar panel, anti slip grip thing etc...

kate747 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we will actually be able to see what we got in these projects????

If you go to review your papers/project after the results you can view what marks you got for each output

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭sarahisainmdom

Is there any way of getting projects back once they've been marked?
    From what I hear we don't get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

Is there any way of getting projects back once they've been marked?
    From what I hear we don't get them back.

No, you won't get back. So unless you kept a copy...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭WeightierDisc

Didn't think when i started this thread 6months ago that it would generate this much interest with nearly 60'000 views. Fair f##ks and good lucks t'ya's all when the results come out

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

How did you all find your mocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭sarahisainmdom

How did you all find your mocks?

Very tough, but only had about two weeks of drawing this year for the exam (no drawing done since 5th Year). I got 54% (D1). Missed a couple of classes right before the mock as well with mock Art practicals. Hoping for an A1 in June... :o Now that I think of it I'm not so sure how likely that is! Expecting full marks for the project though. :pac:

Very tough, but only had about two weeks of drawing this year for the exam (no drawing done since 5th Year). I got 54% (D1). Missed a couple of classes right before the mock as well with mock Art practicals. Hoping for an A1 in June... :o Now that I think of it I'm not so sure how likely that is! Expecting full marks for the project though. :pac:

ditto, hadnt any drawing done because of the project, only really started again two weeks before our mock exam. got a b2 so was pleased enough with that taking into account the lack of drawing. I'll be pushing for a high a1 hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wazzarooney

How can you get the solutions for exam questions on the internet? examinations.ie only give a breakdown of the marking scheme. I want the final drawing

• Advertisement

Its at the end of the marking scheme, after all the written parts.

Advertisement