Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CombatCow wrote: »
    Im getting it on the PC and PS3 :D

Why Both :O?
    CombatCow wrote: »
    *I see you can "acquire" it already for the 360 :mad:

Saw that too on another forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

So I can play it on the PC when my GF is watching TV :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Varik wrote: »
    "No(recommended)" i like that touch.

Vegas will have the masters super mutants right?

The remnants of them, remember what the Vault Dweller has done and what the Chosen One may have done.

PC version all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

You can pre-load now on Steam

• Advertisement

Goddamit I wish Amazon sold CD-keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

PC version for me. Havent played FO3 since last year so Ive recently picked up the GOTY edition with all the DLC. Think Ill complete that again before picking up New Vegas.

Heard some journos on an IGN podcast saying that it felt just like an addon for FO3, no discernible differences except for a lick of paint. The podcast was so half arsed in general Im not sure how much of a playtest they gave it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

special reward for hardcore mode.... hmmm i wonder what that is

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Have we seen any pricing for this? I remember my brother got me Fallout 3 for forty quid, which was an absolute bargain at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw it in HMV for pre-order for 44.99 with a tshirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The story depth, style and number of outcomes and the conversation styles could make a big difference, and is what Obsidian (Blackisle) were known for.

I'm not in love with the same engine and similar character models, but it makes sense as a framework to build the story around, and that is where the game will succeed or fail in its ambitions.

In fairness, I was woopdy do over every dlc release for F3, a whole new world to explore and hundreds of hours of gameplay will probably be more than enough for me, every little tweak and change after that is icing on the cake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Just watched the 3 leaked videos and it looks exactly the same :(

Think il give it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

As tempting as it is to watch that, I really shouldnt. Dont wanna spoil a thing.
    Where did any of you preorder it? Where and what are the preorder bonus you got. I preordered off of Amazon. Getting the caravan pack. (Dropped to £23.99 there. WELL under €30 for that. Bargain.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Wow that guy took a looooong time tweaking his characters face TBH

I usually just click randomise & if I don't like it then -Terrorsaur/Chopper- I'm done
    Can't believe they didn't keep the FO3 start up music, it always makes the hair on my neck stand up when it kicks in. I'm sure I'll get over it though.

For anyone afraid of spoilers it really doesn't give too much away TBH, its just the basic start sequence (which you'll be sick of in 2 months anyway) then a dude takes 5 minutes playing with his face

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Just watched the 3 leaked videos and it looks exactly the same :(

Think il give it a miss

fallout 2 was better than fallout 1 and it looked identical, the thing about this being developed by obsidian is that it should have a much much better story as well as better characters i wouldn't leave this go just because it looks like fallout 3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is this a stand alone game or what?
    Like will is be as big and will the gametime be as long as fallout 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    It looks like it will be very similar to Fallout 3 in size, if not a bit smaller
    Here's a leaked image of the New Vegas map to give you an idea of the scale, hopefully.
    http://www.made2game.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/newvegasmap2.jpg
    http://www.duckandcover.cx/NewVegas/fnvmap1.jpg

Not too much by way of spoilers in the image as it's kinda hard to see what's going on.
    A little narrower than Fallout 3, possibly the same height in terms of map area. But it's a bit hard to tell. Looks like there is still plenty to do. And yes, it's a standalone game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

PerrinV2 wrote: »

yes and yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Kool,just hoping i get bang for my buck

fallout 2 was better than fallout 1 and it looked identical, the thing about this being developed by obsidian is that it should have a much much better story as well as better characters i wouldn't leave this go just because it looks like fallout 3

Exactly.
    People who bitch about it looking identical should go back and play the first two.

Cannot wait, loving the intro music, although I wish it was Mark Morgan's music and not Inon Zur's.

As tempting as it is to watch that, I really shouldnt. Dont wanna spoil a thing.
    Where did any of you preorder it? Where and what are the preorder bonus you got. I preordered off of Amazon. Getting the caravan pack. (Dropped to £23.99 there. WELL under €30 for that. Bargain.)

That's where I'm getting it as well :)

IGN has the xbox 360 version down as being released tomorrow. Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

is there character import from FO3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

IGN has the xbox 360 version down as being released tomorrow. Is this true?

In the US, I think it's the end of the week for Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I want a lot more options on how you approach missions and dialogue choices that have more effect on the game just like the older Fallout games. Fallout 3 was a bit too combat heavy.

i thought the speech dialect changed depending on your karma level??

Cant wait for this to be released.. the only thing i didnt like on fo3 was mothership zeta.. just couldnt get in to that one..

some sort of multiplayer should be sorted as well, even just a co-op similar to Borderlands would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Did anyone else get the book of knowledge from the priest after they completed fallout 2?

It max'd out all your levels.. also cant remember if they were from
    FO 1 or 2 but i think the thieves guild should be brought back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

blaze1 wrote: »
    i thought the speech dialect changed depending on your karma level??

Cant wait for this to be released.. the only thing i didnt like on fo3 was mothership zeta.. just couldnt get in to that one..

some sort of multiplayer should be sorted as well, even just a co-op similar to Borderlands would be good.

Oh god no....keep multiplayer crap far away from this game. Its a single player experience first and foremost and that's the way it should be. Multiplayer is unwanted and unneccesary.

Advertisement