Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

will it be 80e on release is the thing, the guy in gamestop said it prob would be, but then said if GAME or some other company comes out with a lower price for it, they wud lower the price accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Pumped for this!!:D
    College is gonna be put on hold!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

tok9 wrote: »
    Any word on the PS3 version? Considering Fallout 3 had so many glitches and this is running off the same engine worries me.

I'll probably get it eventually but if they haven't fixed any of the issues from the last one, it's a massive disrespect to the PS3 fans.

Thats something im worried about as well. The ps3 version was nearly unplayable before they patched it and even after the patch there were still loads of problems. Theres no excuse for a shoddy port this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thats something im worried about as well. The ps3 version was nearly unplayable before they patched it and even after the patch there were still loads of problems. Theres no excuse for a shoddy port this time around.

I gave up at the big fight near the end, the game just kept freezing and had a terrible frame rate. There are trophies now so may give it another paly.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I still played through it and enjoyed it but it was just annoying the way it randomly crashed, it always happened when i was really getting into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

and it always glitched / crashed when you forgot to save at a key point!!

Replaying GOTY version now..even better 2nd time round!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Hardcore mode should be awesome, seeing a toilet to drink from is a relief, not something you do just to get a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

put my deposit down for it today

i said id get the collectors edition but can downgrade to standard if i want, but im a bit of a fallout fan so....we'll see ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

What did you love about fallout 3 that you would like to see kept/expanded in New Vagas,

What did you hate and hope is done away with?

Is there any thing from one of the older games that you would like to see making a comeback?

I hope they include a few more random surprises, Fallout 3 had a few but they were uncommon enough.
    I wasent a big fan of the 'Buddie system' In fallout 3, It was a bit useless IMO, Very few options when it came to controlling them and it felt you spent more time worrying about keeping them alive in combat than anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I want a bit more going on in the various locations. got really really sick of wandering into carbon copies of buildings with the exact same **** in them every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I want it to look less bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Must, correct, mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I quite liked the buddie system but I usually prefer to play a game solo with out a squad etc. But the buddies in 3 were actually cool, that super mutant for example and my faithful hound.

Main thing I'd like to see is even more consequences for actions taken, and I found bringing up the pip boy a little time consuming, if they sped that up it would be a perfect game/

Other than that I just hope the game world is the same size a Fo3.

I am also really hoping to exact some revenge on Talon Company not sure if they will be in the game this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

SeanKev wrote: »
    Must, correct, mistake.

haha, do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Mostly I'm liking the fact you now aim down the iron sights. And weapon modding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I think the buddy system is different in this one, i have been reading a bit on it and it seems you will have more options and commands to give them. I couldn’t ever have more than Dogmeat because i took the puppies perk so when that idiot got himself killed his puppy would be waiting for me at vault 101, so id kill that and still couldn’t get a new companion. Head wrecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I very rarely used Buddy's, because they'd always end up getting killed. I never seemed to bother. I had Fawkes for a while, he was tough, but in the end he'd get nailed sooner or later.

Mainly I hope that New Vegas isn't just the same game with better graphics and a different setting. I thought the selection of weapons in Fallout 3 was a bit weak - I know there were plenty of types, but a few varietys of assault rifle or combat shotgun wouldn't go astray. I realise its a post apocalyptic wasteland and guns weren't exactly growing on trees but still. If all the raiders and bandits could have them, surely there were enough to have a bit of variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Mainly I hope that New Vegas isn't just the same game with better graphics and a different setting.

Well I have good news for you. The graphics aren't better at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Well I have good news for you. The graphics aren't better at all!

Now that's just lazy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I want a lot more options on how you approach missions and dialogue choices that have more effect on the game just like the older Fallout games. Fallout 3 was a bit too combat heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

They kept the old graphic engine i heard, so its more or less same, but the content they tried to put in and change what people were unhappy with from FO3. The Karma for instance is still there but hasn’t much impact, there is a reputation system now and based on this, different factions will see you differently. If you are friendly with one then the other becomes hostile i think.

Either way this game is going to rock, i cannot wait for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just remembered I have a PC that can do this game justice now. Cheaper to buy and better looking this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If they fix the bugs then I will be happy.

Or at least reduce them by 80%. Probably my favourite video game of this generation (up there with PW I'd say) but also the buggiest.

noodler wrote: »
    If they fix the bugs then I will be happy.

Or at least reduce them by 80%. Probably my favourite video game of this generation (up there with PW I'd say) but also the buggiest.

Eh... this game is developed by Obsidian, the kings of over ambtious but riddled with bugs games. make sure you have a lot of save files.

Also PW? (I'm interested in what it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker I assume

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just wondering where everyone is preordering from? I'm getting the special edition for my brothers birthday on PC, and the cheapest I have found is 49.99 stg (+2 stg p+p). However, it takes 3-5 business days to arrive.

Anyone with a better idea?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone with a better idea?

Yep, wait until release day and shop around. Pre-ordering always works out more expensive especially if Tesco's are selling it, sometimes it's 15 euros or more cheaper than anywhere else there. Also Zavvi, the hut and aldi usually have it for a decent price. Unless the preorder bonus is very good never pre-order!

Is it officially Fallout 3 - New Vegas though, or is it actually just called Fallout New Vegas? I mean it's a completely different story line and different characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

It's Fallout: New Vegas

I REALLY hope the story is as good as the original games and not the POS that was Fallout 3's.

• Advertisement

If there's one thing Obsidian are good at it's good stories and excellent choices and consequences (even if they are buggy as hell). Bethesda desperately need some good writers. I've my fingers crossed for this one because it seems Obsidian have finally got the budget and development time they deserve.

Advertisement