Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Reading some reviews atm... How can a game with so many bugs be released? Think i may wait a few weeks before i pick it up, one of the annoying things about a game for me is the game freezing or getting stuck in the environment, leading to you having to restart the console and restarting from a saved game 3 hours prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Sounds like there are some major bugs but still getting some very good review scores.

9.3 on NowGamer.
    9 on Destructoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was gonna buy this for the PS3 but I've been reading about exclusive DLC for the 360 so might just buy it on that instead methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its probably just the timed exclusivity that happened with Fallout 3, doubt it will be as long a wait between format releases too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Its probably just the timed exclusivity that happened with Fallout 3, doubt it will be as long a wait between format releases too.
    The DLC for the 360 and Pc was released between January and August 2009
    The DLC for the PS3 ended up coming out in September, 9 months after they began being released on Xbox360.
    That's a long time. A very long time. I hope that it doesn't take that long for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Had flip through the reviews, sounds like more if the same. More of the same will do me quite nicely.

20-50 second load times are not so welcome nor is the frame rate slowdown exiting a building or lockups and forced restarts. Save save save will be the order of the day. I think I actually got off quite lightly with regards bugs in the last game from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

All I wanted out of this was to be the same as Fallout 3 in a new area and no bugs/glitches. I doubt they will even patch it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Advice needed, Just found out my sis has Fallout 3 so should i play through it first or get New vegas on friday, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

iMuse wrote: »
    Advice needed, Just found out my sis has Fallout 3 so should i play through it first or get New vegas on friday, thoughts?

Lol, you'd spend weeks playing through the first one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They really need to update the engine i think. Its looking pretty bad at times, especially the characters/npc's. I know that it wont matter, and the game will still probably be awesome, but it would be nice for some graphical updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Kiith wrote: »
    There wont be any midnight launches for this, probably anywhere, but certainly not in Ireland.

And yet Call of Duty gets them?

What's wrong with the world? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

iMuse wrote:
    Yeah, you'll be at it for ages. The plots aren't linked, as far as I know. It's more to do with the previous two games. But you'd spend longer on those than you would on Fallout 3.

I'd say you'll be grand (and you can always play FO3 afterwards).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hardcore mode sounds really interesting. I think it's the way I'll be playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,059 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

same as me retro, I dont understand players playing on easy modes tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hardcore mode sounds really interesting. I think it's the way I'll be playing the game.

I think I'll be saving hardcore mode for my second play through.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I like the way it will independent of the actual difficulty level as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

marco_polo wrote: »
    I like the way it will independent of the actual difficulty level as well.

Yeah me too but it seems truer to the older fallout games and might make the end game more challenging since I found after I got some decent weapons and levels Fallout 3 became a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Are people going to play hardcore mode straight off from day one or complete it first and re do?

Im not sure whether to just dive straight in or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Headshot wrote: »
    same as me retro, I dont understand players playing on easy modes tbh

nah will save that for the 2nd play i reckon....

i'm determend to have bad karma this time round, i tried in the last one but im just too nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Anybody know where you can get the collectors edition?

It's out tomorrow right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Anybody know where you can get the collectors edition?

It's out tomorrow right?

Pre-order the special edition in GAME or Gamestop, it's out on Friday.

I'm going to play hardcore mode right off the bat. However I've no money to pick the game up yet so I'll see if it's frustrating or not first anyway :) I've too many games to play through the game twice. 120 hours on one fallout 3 playthrough was enough for me thank you very much.

I'm going to go Hardcore as well :)

Will be a much better experience as well as if you only do Hardcore your second time round it won't be as immersive because you know all about what's going to happen in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

I'm really looking forward to this.

As a fan of the series from the original Fallout, I'm hoping they combine the dialogue/setting of the first two games with the gameplay of Fallout 3.

3 was a great game on its own merits, but it wasn't a true successor to the first two games in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, if it were more of the same I'd be happy, but with the introduction of Obsidian, I'm hoping it'll surpass my expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Getting ready to get back into this. Really looking forward to it now.

The wife and child have been notified they will be neglected this weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seriously considering getting it for the ps3,load of people on forums complaining of issues with the pc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭omerin

Usually get my games through Stream, what are the pros and cons of buying it in a shop. Is this game out in some countries already, i know its on the Stream servers Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

PS3 Unboxing of limited edition new vegas

Xbox 360 unboxing of limited edition new vegas

worth it :confused:

Ugh, hate the stupid console fanboys on the PS3 video, can't be bothered watching the 360 video.

IMO it's sorta worth it, it's €20 more for a graphic novel (NOT Comic Book) that on it's own would retail for around that, plus a few extras.

I won't be getting the collector's edition however as I don't have the money for it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

omerin wrote: »
    Usually get my games through Stream, what are the pros and cons of buying it in a shop. Is this game out in some countries already, i know its on the Stream servers Friday.
    This game uses Steamworks, so the game will be added to your Steam games list, permanently. The best of both worlds I believe.

Advertisement