Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

It's Fallout: New Vegas

I REALLY hope the story is as good as the original games and not the POS that was Fallout 3's.

What do you mean by POS?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,931 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What do you mean by POS?

POS: Piece of Shit

He ain't wrong. Love the game but the story was poor. However I think some of the better quests and the Pitt showed some moments of genius. Especially the Pitt.... I just couldn't do it :'(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    POS: Piece of Shit

He ain't wrong. Love the game but the story was poor. However I think some of the better quests and the Pitt showed some moments of genius. Especially the Pitt.... I just couldn't do it :'(

Ah yes, you do have a point that some of the story was just absolutely terrible, and the ending seemed completely rushed and left me feeling really unfulfilled.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,931 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Broken Steels ending was a little better at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I think the buddy system is different in this one, i have been reading a bit on it and it seems you will have more options and commands to give them. I couldn’t ever have more than Dogmeat because i took the puppies perk so when that idiot got himself killed his puppy would be waiting for me at vault 101, so id kill that and still couldn’t get a new companion. Head wrecker!

Actually Dogmeat was supposed to fill in a separate special follower slot reserved only for him, so that you can have both the dog and someone else along with you on your journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone got a rundown of the different pre-order goodies you can get from which retailer? Or are they all the same? I know amazon, Direct2Drive (digital) and Steam have the Caravan pack with a preorder. Anyone know anywhere else to get different packs.
    This game uses Steamworks (on PC) if I'm not wrong, so in the end it doesn't really matter whether or not you buy it digitally or not. Just wanna get the best preorder 'bonus' for the cheapest price.

edit: well I found this
    http://www.1up.com/news/fallout-vegas-digital-preorder-packs
    It outlines the different preorder packs, but obviously, because it's referencing American retailer it wont tell me which is where.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just wondering where everyone is preordering from? I'm getting the special edition for my brothers birthday on PC, and the cheapest I have found is 49.99 stg (+2 stg p+p). However, it takes 3-5 business days to arrive.

Anyone with a better idea?

£49.99 Stg ? :eek:

Assuming you want XBox version, PC version is cheaper again.
    BlahDVD

Edit: Delivery for a game is about €1.50 afair

Edit again: Sorry just saw you meant the Special Edition - Apologies.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Actually Dogmeat was supposed to fill in a separate special follower slot reserved only for him, so that you can have both the dog and someone else along with you on your journey.

Yeah pretty sure I had Dogmeat and Fawkes at the same time. Rarely used them myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Better dialogue, the oringals had many LOL moments from the reponses of your character. Much bigger dialog trees.

Little things I'd like to see:
    If you had low intelligence you talked like a special needs person.

If you helped out a certain Woman you could ask for payment in sex.

If you want to wipe out an entire town the kids dont get up after you shotgun them.

Harsh language.

Larger populations, the world felt bigger. Towns were more diverse.

Real evil characters you had to interact with.

Atmospheric music.

Shoot people in the groin.

F3 was fairly shallow in comparison, too much combat. In the originals you could talk your way through most of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Better dialogue, the oringals had many LOL moments from the reponses of your character. Much bigger dialog trees.

Little things I'd like to see:
    If you had low intelligence you talked like a special needs person.

If you want to wipe out an entire town the kids dont get up after you shotgun them.

Harsh language.

Larger populations, the world felt bigger. Towns were more diverse.

Real evil characters you had to interact with.

Atmospheric music.

F3 was fairly shallow in comparison, too much combat. In the originals you could talk your way through most of the game.

Weapons were rarer and felt more valuable, in fallout 3 you carry 15 types of gun and enemies pose no challenge a lot of the time, getting your hands on a newer better rifle was a big deal in F1 and F2, and you couldn't just kill someone to get theirs, because they'd kill you!

F3 is a bit easy, even on super hard, I'd like to see weapons be more expensive, rarer, and harder to get.

In F1 and F2 running away was an option, in F3 you just cant seem to do that effectively.

Sneaking is vital, I used sneak to beat the first game towards the end when I just couldn't defeat the last enemies. Sneaking seemed sh*te in F3.

If I get a decent gaming machine by the time this comes out, mods ahoy will allow me to tweak these kinds of things, but I hope black isle keep their heads and make an rpg with awesome combat, not an fps with rpg elements.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There are two unusual requests for a sequel :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As bugged as Obsidian games usually are, they're usually pretty good with story and especially with side-stories, so hopefully this one keeps it up.

But to be honest, I'm really just expecting it to be more of the same with a few tweeks. I can't imagine it being anything special, just something enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Kiith wrote: »
    There are two unusual requests for a sequel :P

Thats all from Fallout 2.
    Another thing you could do if you were a female character is get paid for sex. Just like real life. ;)

You could get married too, being set in Las Vegas I can see that being included hopefully, maybe with an Elvis minister.

Since its much of the same people who made Fallout 2, the main thing I'd like is the great sense of humour they brought to the originals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

I would like to see an expansion of the perks system, It was interesting and really helpful at the end of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Eh... this game is developed by Obsidian, the kings of over ambtious but riddled with bugs games. make sure you have a lot of save files.

Also PW? (I'm interested in what it is)
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker I assume

Absolutely. What a videogame.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Adyx wrote: »
    Yeah pretty sure I had Dogmeat and Fawkes at the same time. Rarely used them myself though.
    Yeah you could - I was using them both recently. Dogmeat never died on me either. In fact he barely ever took a wound (I've been playing on Normal).

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

Did anyone on here come across fallout3 game of the year edition for ps3.Had normal version on xbox360 until it calved on me.months of my life went into that game lol.Looking forward to this new one but having the time to get sucked into it who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You can get it for about €25 delivered

http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/ps3/fallout-3-game-of-the-year-edition/10052940.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-3-Game-Year-PS3/dp/B002DMLMIC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287160220&sr=8-3

Or if you have the original and your a playstation plus subscriber you can download all the DLC for free at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Of course this has to come out 4 days before my midterms, perfect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Was reading that the official walkthrough has a higher word count than war and peace! something like half a million words iirc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

200 mapped locations and a further 200 hidden 'bonus' locations to be explored in the game world.

How does that compare of Fallout 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Of course this has to come out 4 days before my midterms, perfect :P

and it comes out on my birthday! I think this is definitive proof that the Universe hates you and likes me. :P

200 mapped locations and a further 200 hidden 'bonus' locations to be explored in the game world.

How does that compare of Fallout 3?

"How big is Fallout: New Vegas compared to Fallout 3? (thanks @maialideth)"

It’s about the same size. If you thought Fallout 3 was big, you’ll find Fallout: New Vegas to be equally big.

Your Fallout: New Vegas PS3 Questions Answered: Hardcore Mode, Morality, Combat and More

Hardcore mode sounds great, think I will try it after I complete the game on hard once or twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hardcore mode only refers to the effect of the environment on the player, not the difficulty of the game. You can play hardcode mode on Very Easy for example. Hardcore just makes it realistic (ie you need to eat, drink, sleep, get tired etc)

Interesting, think I will still wait to play it on hard & hardcore after I get familiar with the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

fallouthardcoremode.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

When I get my hands on this game, I will be jumping straight into hardcore, with the FWE mod I've been playing with on the PC version, I'm very accustomed to all the changes anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So whos getting it for pc and whos getting it for the xbox/ps3?:) think i'll go for the pc version myself.

Im getting it on the PC and PS3 :D

*I see you can "acquire" it already for the 360 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

"No(recommended)" i like that touch.

Vegas will have the masters super mutants right?

Advertisement