Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

i'm not talking mmo or anything just enough to do a co-op with a couple of mates, just think it would be a good add on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ah maybe down the line but it would just be tacked on for this style of game, vats and all wouldn't work either.

Unless Fallout is taken in that direction down the line it wouldn't work now, and it probably wont go that way as its appeal is its single player game and story depth and rpg elements, not shooty shooty co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

blaze1 wrote: »
    i'm not talking mmo or anything just enough to do a co-op with a couple of mates, just think it would be a good add on

They are making an mmo btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 falloutguy

Hope to get this cool game for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

ah cool, didnt know that cheers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,953 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man i cant ****ing wait

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

pre-ordered on steam last week after putting it off for ages.

Still wn't get a keyfob/falloutboy figurine though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Decided to get this in GAME/GameStop instead, can't handle waiting another few days :)

Man if the story is anything like the originals I will LOVE this.

blaze1 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the book of knowledge from the priest after they completed fallout 2?

It max'd out all your levels.. also cant remember if they were from
    FO 1 or 2 but i think the thieves guild should be brought back!

The book of knowledge felt exactly like a "breaking the 4th wall" joke, because it was essentially a game guide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

po0k wrote: »
    pre-ordered on steam last week after putting it off for ages.

Still wn't get a keyfob/falloutboy figurine though :(
    €50. That's a bit steep isn't it?
    Got mine off of amazon for £23.99. That's about €28. Christ, I could almost buy two copies of the game for the price you paid. And it uses Steamworks so it really doesn't matter where you buy it. Either way, it's gonna in your Steam games list.

• Advertisement

Before I ring up, anyone know the price of the standard PC version in GAME or Gamestop?

Before I ring up, anyone know the price of the standard PC version in GAME or Gamestop?
    Website for Gamestop says €40

That's grand, just what I expected it to be, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm still debating whether or not I want to get it immediately, or wait a while.

Then I'm also debating the PC/360 thing, but if it's anything like Fallout 3, then it'll be 360, since FO3 crashes all the time on PC... Even more so if the PC version is going to use Steamworks for achievements, rather than GFWL.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I'm still debating whether or not I want to get it immediately, or wait a while.

Then I'm also debating the PC/360 thing, but if it's anything like Fallout 3, then it'll be 360, since FO3 crashes all the time on PC... Even more so if the PC version is going to use Steamworks for achievements, rather than GFWL.
    Looks like the Xbox 360 will be getting the DLC first out of all three of the platforms. Timed exclusive it looks like
    http://kotaku.com/5666721/fallout-new-vegas-first-dlc-will-be-xbox+exclusive

Makes me wanna not play it at all now. Not really, but it's annoyed me somewhat. Enought to send them a mail about it.
    Here, if you feel the same.
    http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/contact_email.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Pffh, doesn't matter, it was the same deal as F3, maybe they will work out all the DLC bugs by the times it comes to PC/PS3 ( yeah right :rolleyes: )

That's the spirit!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TheChrisD wrote: »

Then I'm also debating the PC/360 thing

Same here cant decide between pc or ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Are there any midnight openings for this? I have it preordered in Game on Dawson st. and I'm starting to regret going for the special edition. Its going to be €80... harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Advertisement

Would love to know if there is a midnight opening in GAME in Liffey Valley, I'm lazy to ring up, so does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No matter what they say the game will have more than a normal share of glitches and bug, so they'll have a few of them finished before you get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DavidMc92

I pre-ordered Fallout: New Vegas for PS3 at Gamestop. The pre-order offer I got was the Tribal Pack (which includes Tribal raiding armour, Broad machete, 5 bleak venom doses, 10 throwing spears) but I would rather have the Classic Pack (Armored Vault 13 jumpsuit, Weathered 10mm pistol, Vault 13 canteen, 5 stimpaks).

Would anyone like to swap pre order codes when it goes out on sale this Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

^^ looks good, Joystiq were not so forgiving:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/19/fallout-new-vegas-review/ :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Would love to know if there is a midnight opening in GAME in Liffey Valley, I'm lazy to ring up, so does anyone know?

I know there's definitely no midnight launches in any Game store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There wont be any midnight launches for this, probably anywhere, but certainly not in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,953 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not sure of what console to buy this game on, any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Headshot wrote: »
    Im not sure of what console to buy this game on, any advice?

I thought the prevailing logic would be to get it on the 360 if you had it.

It was very buggy on all systems last year but I hear (dunno if it is true) that it was a little better on the 360 than the PS3.

Also there is the DLC exclusivity for now, although, to be honest, I wouldn't touch these DLCs on an individual basis after their last offerings. I will wait for the whole hog.

Advertisement