Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Either way, it's certainly not the same dog. The one from FO2 is "Cyber-Hound Mk II, Personal Security Model" and the Rex is "Cyber-Hound Mk. III, LEO Support Model, Serial Number B955883"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Is Cassidy a homage to another Cassidy.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I read on a thread on bethseda forums that the dev’s are not going to allow it to continue playing once you complete the last mission as it would be unrealistic considering the ending. They did mention however that you would be told clearly that this is the last mission you will be starting on. Once you finish the game though it reloads to a previous save and allows you to finish any side tasks etc to get the achievements. I don’t think we will see another broken steel on this game

Im dying for it to come out, whats the official release date now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

allanb49 wrote: »
    Is Cassidy a homage to another Cassidy.... :D
    Hope so, Cassidy was one of the best followers in fallout 2 IMO
    I read on a thread on bethseda forums that the dev’s are not going to allow it to continue playing once you complete the last mission as it would be unrealistic considering the ending. They did mention however that you would be told clearly that this is the last mission you will be starting on. Once you finish the game though it reloads to a previous save and allows you to finish any side tasks etc to get the achievements. I don’t think we will see another broken steel on this game

Im dying for it to come out, whats the official release date now?

22nd October :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I read on a thread on bethseda forums that the dev’s are not going to allow it to continue playing once you complete the last mission

Thats a pity,was hoping you'd be able to do that in vegas.

• Advertisement

It's a game based after a nuclear attack, with mutants rampaging around.. and they're afraid it'd look unrealistic?

What if, say, you die at the end, would it be considered realistic if they let you walk around after that?

Yea i know lol, anyway below is taken from the Site i read it on, with link to said site although im sure people here have been to this site in the past.
    Will we be able to keep playing once we beat the game with this one?
    From Sean via Facebook

JS: This is something we really wanted to do, but ultimately we realized that supporting post-endgame content would jeopardize the quality of the ending, which we wanted to tell the definitive stories for all of our major factions, locations and characters. Instead, after the credits roll the game will prompt you to reload a save created just before the endgame sequence, allowing players to go back and complete any quests they may have missed. Additionally, we make it very clear when you're about to reach the end of the main plot, so it shouldn't come across as a surprise.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1098302-fallout-new-vegas-fan-interview/

Gah, i hate when you can't play on after the ending, but in fairness they seem to have gone the best way about it. I don't think it'll be too much of an issue.

Yea i don’t think it will be the worst, at least you can reload a save and still knock about happy in the knowledge of how it ends, but open ended would be a preferred option.

What date is it released again? Im dying for it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Thing is open ended games where you can continue once you're finished is only good if it acknowledges you have completed it, I know in Fallout 2 it was only new reno that knew you'd completed it, In Fallout 3 did anyone know you had saved the day once you finished it?

I want to be told well done for saving the world....

What date is it released again? Im dying for it now

Few posts up there, 22nd of October. Can't wait, I really need a new game to play.
    allanb49 wrote: »
    Thing is open ended games where you can continue once you're finished is only good if it acknowledges you have completed it, I know in Fallout 2 it was only new reno that knew you'd completed it, In Fallout 3 did anyone know you had saved the day once you finished it?

I want to be told well done for saving the world....

Well with Broken Steel you do get a bit of recognition. And if you tune into Galaxy News Radio, Three Dog is always ranting on about ya :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dante

I might actually get a new xbox after 2 years just for this game, loved Fallout 3 so much.

I might actually get a new xbox after 2 years just for this game, loved Fallout 3 so much.

Bah, get it on PC and experience mods as well :)

Bah, get it on PC and experience mods as well :)

Meh, I'm too used to RTS's and FPS's to try this unfortunately.

Meh, I'm too used to RTS's and FPS's to try this unfortunately.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I think he's trying to say that he plays a lot of RTS' and FPS' on his 360? :(

Bah, why, of all the genres, play THOSE on a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i hated fallout 3 first time i played it then it grew in the back of my mind like a brain parasite and i got addicted and stole all the dlc as the game didnt have much content in it.

Il be picking up new vegas hope its as good as f1 & 2 there my favorite pc games ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Bah, why, of all the genres, play THOSE on a console?
    Because consoles are the natural home of RTS and FPS!

Well, to some at least. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

cant wait, i got 16 months out of fallout 3, the first game i bought after being away from gaming for 15 years, i started to see AP and HP meters everytime i closed my eyes.

What I meant was that I am so used to years of playing real time strategies and such on the PC that I will be horribly shít at any other kind of game, in particular Fallout, unless I play it on a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone else been preordering their copy?

i have a 40e gamestop giftcard burning a hole in my pocket but i wont overpay for anything in there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It's €45 in hmv with a free t-shirt.

CombatCow wrote: »
    It's €45 in hmv with a free t-shirt.

I'm guessing the PC version should be €35-40 (it's €30 on Amazon) then, if it comes with a free T-shirt down in Liffey Valley, I know where I'm getting my copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Any word on the PS3 version? Considering Fallout 3 had so many glitches and this is running off the same engine worries me.

I'll probably get it eventually but if they haven't fixed any of the issues from the last one, it's a massive disrespect to the PS3 fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

this is out on the 22nd of Oct.. i never usually buy a collectors edition and i didnt with fallout 3 but im a huge fallout fan since the pc games, im considering it with vegas for some reason.. hmmm :confused:

gamestop has it for 79.99, will this def be the price on launch day?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just over 2wks,cant wait!

• Advertisement

If the collector's edition is €80 for the PC version as well, I'm gonna stick it out and order NV from Amazon. they have the normal edition for €30

Advertisement