Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Options

Comments

How much does the Special Edition cost in GAME, the PC version specifically?

I can tell you that the xbox 360 version had £69.99 on the box advertising it if I remember correctly - not sure if that's any inclination as to how much the PC version is going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Can you buy the all DLC on a disk? For some reason I never got around to buying them when they first came out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I stopped playing Fallout 3 long ago, I found the environments and locations far too repetitive, dull and boring after a while. Plus the engine seemed a bit less suited to Fallout's rubble strewn environments. At least in Oblivion you went from Snowy mountains, to boggy swamps, to grassy forests, to spectacular towns & cities. Point Lookout was a refreshing change, but too brief.

That said, if I knew the mod community had made half the number of custom quests & environments that the Oblivion community did, I'd probably go back. Anyone know of any good fan-made expansions or quests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

You can buy all but Mothership Zeta on Disc I think, but don't worry, Mothership Zeta sucked anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can you buy the all DLC on a disk? For some reason I never got around to buying them when they first came out.

You sure can but on amazon.co.uk at least the GOTY edition is actually cheaper than buying both available add-on discs seperatly (each has two DLC campaigns ), I thing the GOTY edition is currently just under 12 GBP but the total cost for the two DLC discs here and here is about 17 GBP :P.

Have the same dilema as I am planning to start fallout 3 soon and only have the original retail version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

im surprised there are people here who didn't kill him,
    he shot the sherrif!

No he didn't. You weren't fast enough on the draw to save him!
    You can buy all but Mothership Zeta on Disc I think, but don't worry, Mothership Zeta sucked anyway.

Not on the separate disc but it is available on the GOTY disc.

Lads, will you help us out in getting a dedicated Fallout Forum? Link is in sig.

The best part for me was killing the radio DJ and him getting replaced by someone else - it just goes to show how much thought they put into this game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Monotype wrote: »
    No he didn't. You weren't fast enough on the draw to save him!

:/

next time, I'll save the bastard

Just realised that nobody has actually said what date this will be released on - for anyone interested it's being brought out on the 19th of October in North America and 22nd of October everywhere else.

I hate when the Americans get it first, but at least it's nowhere near as bad as when Ghostbusters was released and you had to wait a few months before it was available here, if I remember correctly?

• Advertisement

If you're a fan of Monster Hunter, like I used to be, you'll be used to long waits :)

If you're a fan of Monster Hunter, like I used to be, you'll be used to long waits :)

Is the reason you used to be a fan because of the long waits? :p How bad were they?

9 months was the quickest Western localization :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

:/

next time, I'll save the bastard

Hold on, there was actually a fight between Burke and the Sheriff?

I've played Fallout half a dozen times as different characters and never got that to happen - do you have to warn him that Burke is planning to blow up the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Hold on, there was actually a fight between Burke and the Sheriff?

I've played Fallout half a dozen times as different characters and never got that to happen - do you have to warn him that Burke is planning to blow up the town?
    Yep, chat to Burke, he'll ask you to blow up Megaton, go chat to the sherriff then and he'll go confront Burke. You have to follow him to the bar to watch the confrontation, then decide to kill Burke.
    I think it's possible to keep the Sherriff alive during the fight, but he died in my game and you can loot his house and talk to his son etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

lafortezza wrote: »
    Yep, chat to Burke, he'll ask you to blow up Megaton, go chat to the sherriff then and he'll go confront Burke. You have to follow him to the bar to watch the confrontation, then decide to kill Burke.
    I think it's possible to keep the Sherriff alive during the fight, but he died in my game and you can loot his house and talk to his son etc.

Yeah
    You can actually save the sherrif during the confrontation. I just ran in and blew Burke's head off. Then the sherrif responded by telling me he was going to keep an eye on me. Not very thankful.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Yeah
    You can actually save the sherrif during the confrontation. I just ran in and blew Burke's head off. Then the sherrif responded by telling me he was going to keep an eye on me. Not very thankful.

But,
    if you wait until Burke has drawn his gun, then blast him, Simms will thank you and mention that he must be getting slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

But,
    if you wait until Burke has drawn his gun, then blast him, Simms will thank you and mention that he must be getting slow!

I may have to be playing this again... for moments like these that I've missed. There are some quests I've never done - such as the Oasis one. Or Mothership Zeta. Though that'd supposed to be pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I killed Burke by accident i meant to hit yes but somehow i shot him, his body stayed in the bar for my entire game. Handy tho robbed his clothes and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I got fallout 3 on release day. I only got around to finishing the main quest on Saturday. I'd play it in chunks then leave it for months. I wanted to get it finished before New Vegas came out and also before moving on to Amnesia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Lads, will you help us out in getting a dedicated Fallout Forum? Link is in sig.
    I'll just leave this here...
    Just copypasta into your sigs, remove the "-"s in the three starting tags. ;)

Oh my, now even pasting it into code doesn't leave it as BBcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Yeah, ridiculous. Had to dash the tags. :confused::rolleyes: Stupid boards.

Never mind - ye figured it out. Humph. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

That's so badass! Lulz at Lily the Super Mutant :D Rew looks unreal!

I wonder if any characters from FO3 will make appearances.

Kersmash wrote: »
    That's so badass! Lulz at Lily the Super Mutant :D Rew looks unreal!

I wonder if any characters from FO3 will make appearances.

I know Marcus from FO2 will be in it. Can't wait to hear what officially happened to his settlement in FO2 (Broken Hills was it called?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Spoiler tags please lads :)
    The cyborg dog was in F2 as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

There was a companion in FO2 called Robodog alright: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Robodog

• Advertisement

Yes, but he had a robot body with a dog's brain, IIRC

Advertisement